Author Topic: Donald Trump wins big in New York  (Read 13090 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Donald Trump wins big in New York
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2016, 01:02:13 am »
Put it all into my signature.  I won't vote for Donald Trump.  Period.  End of discussion.  I'm joining the 2/3 of the general electorate who view Trump negatively.  And I will not compromise my principles to the degree necessary for me to get to the point of voting for Trump.

A candidate's electability should be something taken into account in deciding whether to nominate that candidate.  If the people who support Trump will not do so, then so be it.  However, he is not electable, he will never be elected, and the people who nominate him in the face of that fact are the ones who will be responsible for president Clinton, not those of us who have already given you fair warning that we will not vote for Trump.  If you really want a republican president in November, then you had better take the electability of the candidates seriously, and you had better reflect carefully on the fact that Trump is not electable.  If you do not and you proceed to nominate him in the face of that fact, then you are the ones responsible for our loss in the Fall, not I.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2016, 01:05:21 am »
Put it all into my signature.  I won't vote for Donald Trump.  Period.  End of discussion.  I'm joining the 2/3 of the general electorate who view Trump negatively.  And I will not compromise my principles to the degree necessary for me to get to the point of voting for Trump.

A candidate's electability should be something taken into account in deciding whether to nominate that candidate.  If the people who support Trump will not do so, then so be it.  However, he is not electable, he will never be elected, and the people who nominate him in the face of that fact are the ones who will be responsible for president Clinton, not those of us who have already given you fair warning that we will not vote for Trump.  If you really want a republican president in November, then you had better take the electability of the candidates seriously, and you had better reflect carefully on the fact that Trump is not electable.  If you do not and you proceed to nominate him in the face of that fact, then you are the ones responsible for our loss in the Fall, not I.

Bless your heart.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #302 on: April 21, 2016, 01:07:52 am »

Does Mel Brooks get royalties?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #303 on: April 21, 2016, 01:13:25 am »

The worst thing about Trump is that I think he's got a good shot at winning nomination. So we have to pretend like he can win for 6 months and then when he inevitably implodes, there will be a bunch of depressed bellyachers who declare that because nobody wanted to vote for an orange-tinged freak like Trump it's the end of America and the world. Who, by the way, will continue to blame the GOP-e and "Establishment" bogeymen right until the end.

I wish he could become the nominee so we can get the Hillary coronation over and done with and move on to the next reality: many years of liberal domination of the courts.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:14:31 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Bill Cipher

« Reply #304 on: April 21, 2016, 01:16:28 am »
Bless your heart.    :whistle:

Thanks.  I'm really not that interested in arguing with you people any more.  In the last 28 years I've only not voted republican twice; in 1992 I voted for Bill Clinton because I was both young and ridiculously stupid and in 2004 I voted for Lieberman & Kerry because I felt Bush had gone way too far down the wrong road and I respected Lieberman (he is probably about the last democrat I will ever respect; he was definitely old school).  If Trump is the GOP nominee then for the third time I will not vote GOP for president.  I will vote straight GOP down ticket, but I won't vote Trump.  I will vote third party for president.

I've wrestled with that for a while, but I've come to the conclusion that I simply cannot support Trump.  I do not like him, I do not trust him, and I do not think he will be any better than Clinton (although hopefully he'll use a proper government-run email server).  And there is nothing that can be said now that will change my mind.  I've made my decision based on his very long history, his actual relationships, his actual statements and actions over the years, and his recent behavior.  His track record is too long, too indelible, and too negative for me.

I'm at peace with that.  I am now a fact that the GOP must deal with in choosing its nominee; as much a fact as the other 2/3 of the general electorate who see Trump negatively.

So that's that.  If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but I'm not changing.  And I won't be buffaloed or extorted into voting for Trump with dire warnings about what will happen if he doesn't win, like Supreme Court nominations.  For the simple reason that I don't think Trump's picks for S.Ct. justices would be materially better than Clinton's choices would be.  Trump is a liberal and his choices will be liberal.  Almost everyone here thinks Chief Justice Roberts is a liberal turncoat.  Well, he was nominated by a president who was considerably more conservative than Trump will ever be; if even GWB could nominate a justice who ends up being more liberal than expected, then Trump will almost certainly nominate people who will turn out to be much more liberal than C.J. Roberts.

Again, I'm just stating my own facts here.  I'm not trying to persuade you or argue with you.  So please don't take umbrage.  If you think that I'm wrong and that Trump will not be as I believe he will, then so be it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:18:18 am by Bill Cipher »

A-Lert

« Reply #305 on: April 21, 2016, 01:35:48 am »
You ARE voting for Darth Vader.  You, like Trump, must have no moral core if you would vote for a man who treats women like dirt, is a bigot, an insulting vulgar man who lies without compunction and who is so ignorant on policy that he thought it was a pro-life position to punish a woman for murder if she had an abortion.

I will not vote for a punk to lead this country, and that is what Trump is.  You do your best convincing others to do your bidding. 

#NeverTrump means NEVER TRUMP!!

You exaggerate so much that you lose all credibility.

Online libertybele

« Reply #306 on: April 21, 2016, 01:37:16 am »
It makes no sense, because its based purely on emotion. Reason...logic...wisdom...all are absent from such individuals. They are mad that their guy didn't win, and they are determined to make sure the GOP loses the election to make their point. They don't really care if that means the entire country goes down in a swirling toilet...as long as they can throw out an I told you so as the log rolls over and they all drown.

Not voting for Trump is not based on emotion, but rather on reason and logic. With Cruz we have someone with a proven conservative record.   He has stood against the establishment and he has voted along conservative lines and he hasn't sided with the left.  I have absolutely no doubt (because of his actions as Solicitor General of TX) that he will place conservative justices on the Supreme Court. I have absolutely no doubt that he will keep our rights under the Constitution (based on his fight in Heller v. DC).  I have no doubt that he will repeal Obamacare.  This isn't based on simply him saying that's what he'll do; it's based on his actions and his voting record.  The very reason I cannot and will not vote for Trump is because I don't want to see the entire country go down the toilet.  Right now we're swirling around trying to avoid the big flush.  Either way we go ... be it Trump or Hillary we lose this country.  This is not based on emotion. Hillary's record is criminal; plain and simple.  She is a liberal who has managed to escape any responsibility for her actions.  Trump's record is that of a liberal.  He has no record of conservatism and there is nothing, absolutely nothing to indicate he would do anything he claims he will do, in fact he flip-flopped on just about every issue and he has in the past taken a liberal stance on illegal immigration. His stance on eminent domain is that of a liberal and has used it to expand his wealth.  He stated he would halt Muslim refugees and the he stated he would allow rich Muslims into the country.  He is for universal health care, another liberal stance.  Then we have to consider his outrageous statements like punching people in the face...etc.

So...the question becomes who would do more damage to the country Clinton or Trump?  I don't see Trump much different than Hillary.  There isn't anything to indicate he would do anything any differently than she ... all we have is what he says he's going to do.  That's it.  Nothing more.  The only other thing that there is to judge him by is his liberal track record.  So do we vote for a named DEM or a GOP in disguise?  No thank you.  I will write in Cruz.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

• Technical
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2016, 01:37:23 am »
On what kind of SCOTUS justices alone...should be more than sufficient reason...IF YOU'RE ANY KIND OF CONSERVATIVE...to vote for the Nominee, NO MATTER WHOM.

If that really mattered to you you'd support a candidate who can actually win.

Online libertybele

« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2016, 01:40:37 am »
Absolutely! I doubt that anyone, including himself, knows where he really stands on anything!

Exactly.  Trump is on whatever side he needs to be on in order to advance his wealth.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2016, 01:42:30 am »
If that really mattered to you you'd support a candidate who can actually win.

The thing is, even if Trump wins, the S.Ct. is still most likely lost because Trump's picks will be about as liberal as Clinton's would be.  Think about it, even a conservative president like GWB ended up picking a Chief Justice whom many on this forum think of as a liberal turncoat.  If that can happen with a conservative president's choices, imagine how liberal the choices of a person like Trump would be.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2016, 01:42:49 am »
Thanks.  I'm really not that interested in arguing with you people any more.  In the last 28 years I've only not voted republican twice; in 1992 I voted for Bill Clinton because I was both young and ridiculously stupid and in 2004 I voted for Lieberman & Kerry because I felt Bush had gone way too far down the wrong road and I respected Lieberman (he is probably about the last democrat I will ever respect; he was definitely old school).  If Trump is the GOP nominee then for the third time I will not vote GOP for president.  I will vote straight GOP down ticket, but I won't vote Trump.  I will vote third party for president.

I've wrestled with that for a while, but I've come to the conclusion that I simply cannot support Trump.  I do not like him, I do not trust him, and I do not think he will be any better than Clinton (although hopefully he'll use a proper government-run email server).  And there is nothing that can be said now that will change my mind.  I've made my decision based on his very long history, his actual relationships, his actual statements and actions over the years, and his recent behavior.  His track record is too long, too indelible, and too negative for me.

I'm at peace with that.  I am now a fact that the GOP must deal with in choosing its nominee; as much a fact as the other 2/3 of the general electorate who see Trump negatively.

So that's that.  If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but I'm not changing.  And I won't be buffaloed or extorted into voting for Trump with dire warnings about what will happen if he doesn't win, like Supreme Court nominations.  For the simple reason that I don't think Trump's picks for S.Ct. justices would be materially better than Clinton's choices would be.  Trump is a liberal and his choices will be liberal.  Almost everyone here thinks Chief Justice Roberts is a liberal turncoat.  Well, he was nominated by a president who was considerably more conservative than Trump will ever be; if even GWB could nominate a justice who ends up being more liberal than expected, then Trump will almost certainly nominate people who will turn out to be much more liberal than C.J. Roberts.

Again, I'm just stating my own facts here.  I'm not trying to persuade you or argue with you.  So please don't take umbrage.  If you think that I'm wrong and that Trump will not be as I believe he will, then so be it.

How could anybody, ..after 12 years of Reaganism, regardless of your age or stupidity, vote for a Democrat?

And then....AND THEN....vote for Kerry?

You ain't no Republican, Bill.   You're politically bipolar. 

As Mesaclone pointed out, you act on emotion rather than rational thought.

Like all liberals.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bill Cipher

« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2016, 01:48:16 am »
How could anybody, ..after 12 years of Reaganism, regardless of your age or stupidity, vote for a Democrat?

Like all liberals.

Thanks for the insults.  Like I said, I'm tired of arguing with you people.  Perhaps eventually you'll drop the insults as I have no interest in playing hot potato with insults any more.  I am no longer an advocate, I am a fact.  And that fact is an implacable opposition to Trump.  Period.  End of discussion.

I wasn't old enough to vote for Reagan.  I voted for Clinton in 1992 because, as I said, I was ridiculously stupid.  I voted for Dole in 1996.  I voted for GWB in 2000.

I voted for Kerry/Lieberman in 2004 because, after thinking about it long and hard, I felt that GWB had gone too far and was turning the government into precisely the sort of disaster I was opposed to.  In retrospect, I also happen to believe that if GWB had lost in 2004, we would not have gotten Obama in 2008.  I didn't vote for Kerry/Lieberman out of emotion, I voted for them out of rational thought.

I am a republican, but I am not an unthinking republican and I will not vote against my own considered conclusions.

If you don't like it, tough.  I'm sorry but that is just the way it is.

Wingnut

« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2016, 01:53:37 am »

Like all liberals.

Didn't you vote for Jimmy Carter in 76?

• Technical
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2016, 02:00:56 am »

So on what rational basis do you think Trump can beat his enormous unfavorability ratings and other polling problems vs. Hillary?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2016, 02:01:58 am »

Like all liberals.

How on earth can you support a man who was a Democrat most of his life, who supported Democrats, Hilary Clinton, supported liberal positions like partial-birth abortion,  and then call somebody ELSE bi-polar for voting for a Democrat? 

Aren't you about to do the same damned thing?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2016, 02:02:40 am »
Didn't you vote for Jimmy Carter in 76?

No sir!  Not that I can recall.

I wouldn't admit it, in any case.   :laugh:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #316 on: April 21, 2016, 02:05:28 am »

I have no doubt that you didn't vote for Carter.  No matter how much we have disagreed, you are clearly too smart to have ever been that stupid.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2016, 02:05:52 am »
How on earth can you support a man who was a Democrat most of his life, who supported Democrats, Hilary Clinton, supported liberal positions like partial-birth abortion,  and then call somebody ELSE bi-polar for voting for a Democrat?

Aren't you about to do the same damned thing?

Uh....because I'm a BIG PICTURE guy and Hillary Clinton is Medusa?    :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2016, 02:08:35 am »
I have no doubt that you didn't vote for Carter.  No matter how much we have disagreed, you are clearly too smart to have ever been that stupid.

Wasn't very much into politics back then.  And thanks.   :laugh:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2016, 02:09:43 am »
Wasn't very much into politics back then.  And thanks.   :laugh:

:beer:

Wingnut

« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2016, 02:09:56 am »

LOL   Good answer!  :)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2016, 02:20:07 am »
Uh....because I'm a BIG PICTURE guy and Hillary Clinton is Medusa?    :laugh:

So you can be a "big picture" guy, but Cipher's a liberal and politically bipolar?

You're looking a little foolish friend.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2016, 02:39:29 am »
jmyrle wrote above:
"For the record, by the way, I have a bachelor's degree in meteorology, not that it has done me any good finding work."

Totally off-topic, but I'll reply.

These days, who needs a weatherman to know which way the wind blows?
I don't even watch the weather on tv anymore, haven't for some time.

Just about everything I need to know, I can find on the computer, with more detail and accuracy than I could obtain from ANY "weatherman".

Wunderground.com is a regular checkpoint for me these days.
And I've a collection of URL's for weather radar maps that show me exactly the same information that the weather guys and gals use to prep their reports.

Ya might as well had gotten a degree in buggy-whip makin', J.M.!
(just teasin'...)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2016, 02:41:40 am »
(sigh)

I wish Scott Walker had hung in there a little longer...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2016, 02:54:18 am »
So you can be a "big picture" guy, but Cipher's a liberal and politically bipolar?

You're looking a little foolish friend.

No Sink!   I put my children and grandchildren's America before mine.

I won't allow them to grow up in a Socialist USA.

#NeverHillary, buddy!