Author Topic: Phyllis Schlafly Releases Video After Attempted Coup by Cruz Supporters: “I’m Still in Charge”  (Read 3120 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/phyllis-schlafly-releases-video-attempted-coup-cruz-supporters-im-still-charge/
 Jim Hoft Apr 19th, 2016 8:44 am

Two weeks ago Phyllis Schlafly released several board members for disloyalty to the organization.
The group was planning to hold rogue board meeting to take over the Eagle Forum.

Last week the rogue Cruz supporters attempted a coup at Eagle Forum.

They held a non-sanctioned meeting and reportedly blocked Phyllis Schlafly from their conference call.

Today Phyllis released a video to the Eagle Forum. She’s still in charge.

HAPPY2BME

Even satan can appear as an angel of light - > Ted Cruz.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The "Cruz" supporters are in part, her own family and the workings to oust her from the board predates her Donald support by at least a year. There has been some controversy with Schafly for a while around her not supporting some of the main programs they support, to using Eagle Forum funds and platforms to endorse specific candidates, which is illegal for them as they are a 501.4 instead of 501.3.

Offline sinkspur

Goofy old bat.

Cemeteries are full of indispensable people, Phyllis.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Notice the sleight of hand. Those who were trying to take over the board were Cruz supporters (not documented BTW), so therefore this is a takeover by the Cruz campaign.

A pathetic attempt to smear Cruz.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ScottinVA

Ah yes... Jim Hoft.

May The Donald can cajole his BFF David Pecker to hire Hoft onto the National Enquirer. :silly:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:03:42 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline ABX

Notice the sleight of hand. Those who were trying to take over the board were Cruz supporters (not documented BTW), so therefore this is a takeover by the Cruz campaign.

A pathetic attempt to smear Cruz.

Not to mention, it isn't "Cruz Supporters" like it is some external third party, when it is actually compromised of many members of her own family. Like the old fight many people face- wrangling financial matters from 94 year old grandma as she starts to make detrimental decisions like Schlafly endorsing candidates for Eagle Forum even though that is illegal based on how they are financially registered.

Offline ABX

Even satan can appear as an angel of light - > Ted Cruz.

Yep, we have entered the silly season. Hyperbole much?

Offline musiclady

Yep, we have entered the silly season. Hyperbole much?

Well, Happy thinks Donald Trump is Jesus, so it makes sense that he thinks Cruz is Satan.

btw, all of us who oppose Trump to him are Pharisees who are rejecting Jesus.

That gives some perspective on what's going on here..........   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Goofy old bat.

It's a shame because Phyllis once had a sharp mind and a voice that should be listened to.

Not so much any more........ 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

A-Lert

Goofy old bat.

You think you're different?

geronl

I remember when she was a real conservative

Offline musiclady

I remember when she was a real conservative

Yes.  She was once a strong voice for conservatism.

Now, I guess, she's decided to be a weak voice for Progressivism.

She should probably keep quiet rather than embarrass herself further and perhaps damage her legacy.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Alternate title:

"Supposed Pro-Life Social Conservative Sells Out to Liberal Billionaire, Punishes Those who Call Her Out on It"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline AnybodyButaDem

It's funny to me how so-called conservatives are so quick to throw one of the most influential female conservative voices of the last century under the bus so quickly.

Kind of a sad indictment on how quick so-called conservatives are to turn on their own for having a differing opinion.

With friends like these...
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline ArneFufkin

The Gateway Pundit exploiting a 91 year old woman in his shameless slurping of his hero Trump.    Typical fare.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Goofy old bat.

Making fun of her age is hilarious!   :nono:
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline ABX

It's funny to me how so-called conservatives are so quick to throw one of the most influential female conservative voices of the last century under the bus so quickly.

Kind of a sad indictment on how quick so-called conservatives are to turn on their own for having a differing opinion.

With friends like these...

Do you mean like how many threw Thomas Sowell, Art Laffer, Mark Levin, Erick Erickson, Walter Williams, Ed Klein, Michael Reagan, David Limbaugh, Michael Barone, Victor Davis Hanson, and even the late William F Buckley, or Andrew Breitbart under the bus for speaking out (or haven spoken out when they were alive) against Trump?

How about the lives that have been attempted to be destroyed like Amanda Carpenter or Mary Katherine Hamm?

Welcome to the tone of this campaign, where the people have demanded a gloves-off fight.

HonestJohn

Do you mean like how many threw Thomas Sowell, Art Laffer, Mark Levin, Erick Erickson, Walter Williams, Ed Klein, Michael Reagan, David Limbaugh, Michael Barone, Victor Davis Hanson, and even the late William F Buckley, or Andrew Breitbart under the bus for speaking out (or haven spoken out when they were alive) against Trump?

How about the lives that have been attempted to be destroyed like Amanda Carpenter or Mary Katherine Hamm?

Welcome to the tone of this campaign, where the people have demanded a gloves-off fight.

Who remembers how the 'best' part of Trump was that he'd destroy the GOP and it's DONAR (sic) class?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Goofy old bat.

Read Phyllis' life story.  Even if you disagree with her politics today, she deserves your respect. 

Offline sinkspur

Read Phyllis' life story.  Even if you disagree with her politics today, she deserves your respect.

She lost it.  And, RIV, I'd sure appreciate it if you'd stop telling me what I should and should not do. You have a tendency of late to nannyism.

Kinda like your boss.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Bill Cipher

Sounds like the real coup has been outsiders who are using her for their own purposes.  I wish well all those Schlafly fired.  I hope in the then Schlafly finds this all rewarding and worth it.  But I doubt it.  Those Trump people using her probably won't be the ones by her side the rest of her twilight years.

Hardly. "Family" are generally not outsiders.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

She lost it.  And, RIV, I'd sure appreciate it if you'd stop telling me what I should and should not do. You have a tendency of late to nannyism.

Kinda like your boss.

Phyllis Schlafly deserves your respect because she has earned it.

geronl

Phyllis Schlafly deserves your respect because she has earned it.

We can respect what she has done in the past. What she is doing now is the exact opposite of the good things she has done before. We don't need to respect that.

Offline musiclady

We can respect what she has done in the past. What she is doing now is the exact opposite of the good things she has done before. We don't need to respect that.

Exactly.  Whatever happened to the concept of discrimination (the good kind)?  Just because someone has done good things doesn't mean that one needs to continue to respect the wrong decisions he/she makes.

The argument that because Schlafly is a conservative icon, we don't have the right to criticize her is intellectually vacuous.

She's wrong about this, and it's probably because her age has taken away her ability to discriminate and discern.