Author Topic: Fox News Poll: Trump widens lead in GOP race, Clinton-Sanders tightens  (Read 1128 times)

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Apparently the GOPe shenanagins in Colorado aren't playing well with the voters.  Funny how disenfranchising GOP voters has that effect.  Cruz is losing support to Kasich, which was predictable once he hired GOPe advisers.  Why not vote for the known GOPe candidate in Kasich over the newcomer Cruz?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/14/fox-news-poll-trump-widens-lead-in-gop-race-clinton-sanders-tightens.html#

Donald Trump jumps to an 18-point lead over Ted Cruz this week with record high support for the Republican nomination. Trump tops Cruz by 45-27 percent among GOP primary voters in a new Fox News national poll on the 2016 election. John Kasich comes in third with 25 percent. Forty-five percent is a new high for Trump. The previous high was last month’s 41 percent.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Frank Cannon

Do you Trump supporters bother reading the sample on theses polls before you start cheerleading them?

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cellphone interviews with 1,021 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from April 11-13, 2016.  The poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points for all registered voters, and 4.5 points for both the Democratic (450) and Republican primary voter samples (419).

Hilarious.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Do you Trump supporters bother reading the sample on theses polls before you start cheerleading them?

Hilarious.

Yes, they polled the GOP sample for the GOP results,and the Dem sample for the Dem results.

Donald Trump jumps to an 18-point lead over Ted Cruz this week with record high support for the Republican nomination. Trump tops Cruz by 45-27 percent among GOP primary voters in a new Fox News national poll on the 2016 election

What's your point?  Telephone polling isn't unique and is actually the norm.  Am I missing something here?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:34:25 pm by AnybodyButaDemocrat »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
A poll conducted like most polls.   Cruz is NOT catching up, but Kasich IS.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

A-Lert

Hilarious.

Just as "hilarious" as you anti-Trumps posting polls that claim Cruz is closing the gap on Trump. Or claiming that second place is winning!

Offline Mesaclone

Hilarious.

What's "hilarious" is your own misunderstanding of the poll's methodology...you seem to have been under the impression that the result came from the total sample of Dems and Repubs. Incorrect, of course. Perhaps an understandable error BUT you then decided you would call out another board member using the term "hilarious"...well...you might want to wipe that egg off your face.  The margin of error AND the poll results of the GOP primary were drawn from GOP voters. Likewise for the Dems.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:51:52 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline AnybodyButaDem

What's "hilarious" is your own misunderstanding of the poll's methodology...you seem to have been under the impression that the result came from the total sample of Dems and Repubs. Incorrect, of course. Perhaps an understandable error BUT you then decided you would call out another board member using the term "hilarious"...well...you might want to wipe that egg off your face.  The margin of error

It's always hilarious when someone tries to question another person's intelligence, but ends up the one who appears to have little intelligence.

Offline Mesaclone

Better still if we'd all quit questioning each other's intelligence...everyone here seems sufficiently intelligent to contribute. The problem is the anger coming from the Cruz camp, as I see it...it seems to drive them to make everything personal. The very thing they claim to dislike about Trump, is the very behavior they are demonstrating consistently right here.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Better still if we'd all quit questioning each other's intelligence...everyone here seems sufficiently intelligent to contribute. The problem is the anger coming from the Cruz camp, as I see it...it seems to drive them to make everything personal. The very thing they claim to dislike about Trump, is the very behavior they are demonstrating consistently right here.

I'm not questioning anyone's intelligence.  I'd just like to know what the heck Frank Cannon's point was in his post.

I've been called an idiot by two Kasich supporters here already, though.  Kasich posters seem to be the worst of the worst in terms of personal attacks in my brief time here.

Offline Mesaclone

I'm not questioning anyone's intelligence.  I'd just like to know what the heck Frank Cannon's point was in his post.

I've been called an idiot by two Kasich supporters here already, though.  Kasich posters seem to be the worst of the worst in terms of personal attacks in my brief time here.

You are right to be angry over the constant name calling...I'm with you there. I'm just saying I wish we could get back to actual discussions of the issues and get this crap out of the way.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Fox News Poll: Trump widens lead in GOP race, Clinton-Sanders tightens
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 03:44:46 am »
What's "hilarious" is your own misunderstanding of the poll's methodology...you seem to have been under the impression that the result came from the total sample of Dems and Repubs. Incorrect, of course. Perhaps an understandable error BUT you then decided you would call out another board member using the term "hilarious"...well...you might want to wipe that egg off your face.  The margin of error AND the poll results of the GOP primary were drawn from GOP voters. Likewise for the Dems.

Hey Methadone. This poll is garbage. If you could read you would see that this is a poll of REGISTERED VOTERS. That is the most worthless off all polls next to sampling everyone voting age. Likely Voters is what educated people look to because those are the people who have voted in the past and are likely to vote again.

FOX polls have never been close to right ever.....and I mean ever. They were the 15th worst polling in '12.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 03:52:40 am »
Fox News polls are designed to MAKE NEWS not actually sample the current mood of voters.  Same with CBS, NBC, CNN, or any other news organization you care to name! 

And, as Frank has already alluded to, they are notoriously BAD at getting anything right!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:52:56 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 03:54:00 am »
Hey Methadone. This poll is garbage. If you could read you would see that this is a poll of REGISTERED VOTERS. That is the most worthless off all polls next to sampling everyone voting age. Likely Voters is what educated people look to because those are the people who have voted in the past and are likely to vote again.

FOX polls have never been close to right ever.....and I mean ever. They were the 15th worst polling in '12.

Childish.

Your guy is losing ground so the poll is garbage. 

I like Cruz, but he has no chance at getting the nomination.  It's either Trump or Kasich at this point. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:55:26 am by AnybodyButaDemocrat »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 03:56:50 am »
Fox News polls are designed to MAKE NEWS not actually sample the current mood of voters.  Same with CBS, NBC, CNN, or any other news organization you care to name! 

And, as Frank has already alluded to, they are notoriously BAD at getting anything right!

So which polls are designed to not MAKE NEWS?  You do realize that Fox, CBS, NBC, etc. etc. contract out the work to actual polling firms, right?  It's not like Shep Smith is picking out name from a phone book.   :silly:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 04:03:23 am »
So which polls are designed to not MAKE NEWS?  You do realize that Fox, CBS, NBC, etc. etc. contract out the work to actual polling firms, right?  It's not like Shep Smith is picking out name from a phone book.   :silly:

Yep! And clients of those firms generally get exactly what they pay for!  Professional pollsters can  and do design polls to get you any result you want.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 06:37:22 am »
It's always hilarious when someone tries to question another person's intelligence, but ends up the one who appears to have little intelligence.

I'm not questioning anyone's intelligence. 

Do words have any meaning to you at all A-Lert?

A-Lert

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 07:19:53 am »
Do words have any meaning to you at all A-Lert?

Yes words do. Are you drunk?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 07:38:32 am »
Yes words do. Are you drunk?
Close to passing out.  So you have no excuse for your posts pretending to be AnybodyButaDemocrat?

A-Lert

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 08:07:43 am »
Close to passing out.  So you have no excuse for your posts pretending to be AnybodyButaDemocrat?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about because I sure don't.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 01:40:36 pm »

And to precisely answer your question,  polls that are NOT designed to make news are those commissioned by candidates, PACs, marketing firms and others who actually want to know the true lay of the land and who will closely guard the results of such polls because THEY are indeed valuable!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 02:33:49 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=724037

Newsmax
Fox Poll: Trump Has 18-Point Lead Nationally, Cruz Plunges
Thursday, April 14, 2016 06:52 PM

By: Greg Richter

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has leaped ahead of his nearest challenger by 18 points, while Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's numbers have plummeted, according to the latest Fox News poll.

Trump led Texas Sen. Ted Cruz by only three points one month ago in the same poll.

Here are the current standings:

Donald Trump: 45 percent
    Ted Cruz: 27 percent
    John Kasich: 25 percent

In March, Trump was at 41 percent, but Cruz was nipping at his heels at 38 percent with Ohio Gov. John Kasich dragging the bottom at 17 percent.

The poll was a survey of 419 GOP primary voters April 11 to 13 and has a margin of error of plus-or-minus 4.5 percent.

Cruz was riding a winning wave after securing the Wisconsin primary on April 5, but is not faring as well in upcoming New York, Trump's home state. Trump has been reminding his fellow New Yorkers of Cruz's insult against "New York values" in January when he was angling to win the early voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire.

Forty-five percent represents a new high for Trump, according to Fox News. Last month's 41 percent was his previous high. His GOP rivals, including Cruz, had previously claimed his mid-30s numbers were a "ceiling" that he would not be able to rise above when the formerly crowded field began to winnow.

On the Democratic side, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is closing the gap nationally against front-runner Hillary Clinton. He trails her by only two points now, up from 13 in March and is within the poll's margin of error.

Hillary Clinton: 48 percent
    Bernie Sanders: 46 percent
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 02:35:44 pm »
Most of the Fox News pundits were a little skeptical of this poll. especially O'Reilly last night
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 02:36:34 pm »
Already discredited.....

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cellphone interviews with 1,021 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from April 11-13, 2016.  The poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points for all registered voters, and 4.5 points for both the Democratic (450) and Republican primary voter samples (419).

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 02:40:24 pm »

If Fox always surveys registered voters, the change from one poll to the next using that same methodology is valid.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 02:41:43 pm »
The FOXNEWS poll is definitely an outlier.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.