Author Topic: RNC member: Trump can win with 1,100 delegates  (Read 331 times)

HAPPY2BME

RNC member: Trump can win with 1,100 delegates
« on: April 13, 2016, 02:13:19 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rnc-member-donald-trump-can-win-with-1100-delegates/article/2588378

By Pete Kasperowicz (@PeteKDCNews) • 4/13/16 9:05 AM

Republican National Committee member Randy Evans said Wednesday that Donald Trump would likely be able to secure the Republican nomination if he captures anything more than 1,100 delegates, short of the 1,237 delegates needed for a simple majority.

"If Donald Trump exceeds 1,100 votes, he will become the nominee even though he may not have 1,237," Evans said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

Wingnut

Re: RNC member: Trump can win with 1,100 delegates
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 02:17:49 pm »
Kasperowicz is just doing his usuall astroturfing to make people think what he says will actually happen.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:20:47 pm »
Too bad you didn't post the punchline: this only happens if most of the unbound delegates and delegates from other candidates - like Rubio - change their minds and support Trump.  That won't happen, particularly since Cruz understands how the delegate rules work and Trump does not.

In other words, yes, it is mathematically possible, but so improbable you'd be better off counting on winning the next powerball lottery. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:21:29 pm by Bill Cipher »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 05:50:03 pm »
He COULD still win on 2nd ballot.  It is not a given.  If he is short of the 1237, that means the anti-Trump vote wins.  Since that vote was divided, there is another vote.  And another.  Until someone wins a majority.

Some states, such as Florida, don't release their bound delegates until the third vote or later.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 05:55:35 pm »
That's a bummer.  Well, at least Team Cruz is competent.  They know what they are up against and are able to play by the rules.

I think what this may come down to is that Cruz is playing within the system in a smart way, and Trump is bellowing against it like a fool.

I think smart beats stupid.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.