Author Topic: Donald Trump’s 2009 Multi-Level Marketing Scam Blasted by CBS  (Read 600 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Via the Right Scoop, CBS News ran a report this morning on yet another one of Trump’s scam companies – a multi-level marketing company that sold nutritional supplements. As you might have predicted, thousands of people were left holding the bag for a huge tab....

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/04/12/donald-trumps-2009-multi-level-marketing-scam-blasted-cbs/?utm_content=buffer32f34&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Donald Trump’s 2009 Multi-Level Marketing Scam Blasted by CBS
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 05:31:50 pm »
This is another thing why I'm not a Trump fan. He seems to gravitate toward scammy locust capitalism type ventures.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 05:58:00 pm »
Anyone ever have someone you know try to rope you into one of these MLM scam things? I love hearing these stories of the "couples party" that ends up being an Amway pitch.

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 06:03:15 pm »
Anyone ever have someone you know try to rope you into one of these MLM scam things? I love hearing these stories of the "couples party" that ends up being an Amway pitch.

All the time. It became a game with a few friends and I go to sit in on the pitches then dismantle them in front of the room. One of my major MBA papers was studying the financials of MLM programs (about 2 dozen) and all but 2 were built on a failure/profit factor. That is the company benefits from people buying in the program, but actually failing at the recruiting requirements so they never get over-ride commissions. In other words, they are in the business of selling the start-up costs of a business then making it so complex, they never pay out or pay out very little of what is promised. Those near the top of the pyramid make a mint, everyone else, notsomuch.

It is one of the scummiest business models out there and with social media, it sadly seems to be booming. I see so many friends burned jumping from MLM to MLM looking for just the right one, getting deeper and deeper into debt.

Not to mention most sell crappy, over-priced products.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 06:07:17 pm »

Yeah,  I didn't even get a lovely parting gift for wasting 2 hours of my life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 06:09:36 pm »
In Utah MLM's are known as "Mormons Losing Money".

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 06:11:29 pm »
In Utah MLM's are known as "Mormons Losing Money".

LOL, I've always heard similar "Mommy's Losing Money".