Author Topic: White House ‘Fact Sheet’ Says Climate Change Could Kill 27,000 Americans In Summer of 2100  (Read 1522 times)

rangerrebew

White House ‘Fact Sheet’ Says Climate Change Could Kill 27,000 Americans In Summer of 2100

(CNSNews.com) – In a “fact sheet [1]” issued by the White House in conjunction with a climate change report made public last week, one of the impacts of increasing temperatures is the deaths of thousands of American people over the course of one summer.

“Extreme heat can be expected to cause an increase in the number of premature deaths, from thousands to tens of thousands, each summer, which will outpace projected decreases in deaths from extreme cold,” the fact sheet stated.

“One model projected an increase, from a 1990 baseline for more than 200 American cities, of more than an additional 11,000 deaths during the summer in 2030 and more than an additional 27,000 deaths during the summer in 2100,” the fact sheet said.

The summary of the climate change report [2], titled “The Impacts of Climate Change on Human Health in the United States: A Scientific Assessment,” states that climate change is “a significant threat to the American people” and that the findings in the report “represent an improvement in scientific confidence in the link between climate change and a broad range of threats to public health.”
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/white-house-fact-sheet-says-climate-change-could-kill-27000-americans

rangerrebew

Forecasters can't reliably tell what is going to happen in the next 24 hours let along 84 years from now.  What a crock of dookey.   :tongue2:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Does it also take into account the reduced number of deaths from severe cold weather events, such as blizzards?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

I'm not saying it will happen but if it does nature always finds a way to cull the heard.

rangerrebew

Does it also take into account the reduced number of deaths from severe cold weather events, such as blizzards?

You forget blizzards are caused by global warming, too. :thud:

rangerrebew

I'm not saying it will happen but if it does nature always finds a way to cull the heard.

True but I don't think we have progressed far enough scientifically to predict the year it will happen.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Yet another non-scientific "study" based on selective data interpreted and projected by faulty computer models in a transparent effort to goal-seek in favor of the Church of Warmism and Wealth Transfers.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

Yet another non-scientific "study" based on selective data interpreted and projected by faulty computer models in a transparent effort to goal-seek in favor of the Church of Warmism and Wealth Transfers.

I'm not very smart so I had to study your reply a bit but I think it means you think these scientists are about as smart as a pound of wet leather and on the government dole to see things in a certain way. :silly:

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'm not very smart so I had to study your reply a bit but I think it means you think these scientists are about as smart as a pound of wet leather and on the government dole to see things in a certain way. :silly:

Oh they're smart, all right: not in that science-y, egghead genius kind of way, but in that superciliously clever manner which implies that they expect to surreptitiously lighten your wallet and fatten theirs without you ever figuring out how the hell they did it.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Exactly!  Not worth a bucket of warm spit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

Exactly!  Not worth a bucket of warm spit!

Hey, did you know that spit has warmed by 0.01° C this century? OMG! the oceans are rising, we're all gonna drown!!!! Arrrrrghhhhh!!!