Author Topic: Sleazy Matthews: Ted Cruz, Bill O'Reilly Are the Same as Nazi Sympathizer Father Coughlin, Huey Long  (Read 994 times)

A-Lert

Sleazy Matthews: Ted Cruz, Bill O'Reilly Are the Same as Nazi Sympathizer Father Coughlin, Huey Long

By Scott Whitlock | June 12, 2013 | 6:20 PM EDT

Chris Matthews on Wednesday took his smearing of conservatives to a new level, comparing Ted Cruz to the Nazi-sympathizing, World War II-era Father Charles Coughlin. After playing a montage of the Republican senator, Matthews sneered, "I think [Cruz] fits in the tradition of Father Coughlin and McCarthy and, of course, maybe to a lesser extent, Pat Buchanan and, of course, [Bill] O'Reilly." [See video below. MP3 audio here.]

Lumping all these men together, the Hardball anchor generalized, "These guys are hard right-wing guys. They look a lot alike. They have what we call the black Irish look to them." According to Urban Dictionary, black Irish is someone with "dark hair and olive skin." The liberal Matthews is quite sensitive on issues of race, so how is such talk acceptable?

Later, he continued: "Is a demagogue a good career plan? I mean, it worked for Huey Long for a while. It worked for a lot of guys like Coughlin for a while and certainly McCarthy."

Matthews previously linked Cruz to so-called Sandy Hook Truthers and outrageously connected the senator to a shooting of a prosecutor in Texas.

A-Lert

Anyone else see the similarities in attack and insults  between Matthews and the anti-Trumps?

HonestJohn

Bill Cipher

Anyone else see the similarities in attack and insults  between Matthews and the anti-Trumps?

Comparing STrump to Hitler is a perfectly valid comparison because STrump is using the same types of rhetorical strategies Hitler used and is trying to tap into the same sources of discontent Hitler tapped into.

Cruz is not.  That's the difference.

A-Lert

Comparing STrump to Hitler is a perfectly valid comparison because STrump is using the same types of rhetorical strategies Hitler used and is trying to tap into the same sources of discontent Hitler tapped into.

The anti-Trumps and Chissie use the same stupid, moronic, idiotic  comparisons and allegations. You can go ahead and defend the liberal twit if you so desire.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I can see comparing Donaldus Minimus to Huey Long---after all, Long once replied to someone asking
whether something he was planning wasn't against the law, "I'm the law around here," and
we kind of know Donaldus Minimus thinks about as highly of the law (the rules?) as the Hatfields and
the McCoys once thought of each other.

But Ted Screws? He may be a lump but he's nothing like Huey Long, never mind Father Coughlin for
demagoguery or bigotry.

(Though we're going to have to have a chat about that "New York values"business, Teddy boy, this may
come as a shock to you but there's another New York City, the one a) that Donaldus Minimus does
not evoke or represent; b) the one Hilarious Rodent Clinton never represented; and, c) that wants him
banished---and not to the White House.)

On the other hand, what's the big deal? Nobody with a brain takes Chris Matthews seriously anyway.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline kevindavis007

Trump is like Huey Long (which I was glad he was shot) and Wendell Wilke
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If Huey Long was around and running today, he'd probably win.

And I might even be inclined to vote for him.

Go ahead and laugh.

Fishrrman at his keyboard:

Offline AnybodyButaDem

:silly:

Sarcasm, right?  Hilarious!
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?