Author Topic: CIA director says the agency will NEVER waterboard again even if the next President orders it, contradicting Trump's pledge to bring it back  (Read 802 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3533288/John-Brennan-CIA-director-says-agency-never-waterboard-ordered-despite-Trump-s-Cruz-s-views.html#ixzz45UA1Ov51

CIA director says the agency will NEVER waterboard again even if the next President orders it, contradicting Trump's pledge to bring it back

Director John Brennan told NBC he would 'absolutely not' allow any officer to practice waterboarding
    Donald Trump has said he would bring back waterboarding - and worse and has slammed anti-torture US law
    Ted Cruz has said that waterboarding isn't torture and has vowed to use any 'enhanced interrogation methods' deemed necessary
    During waterboarding, a person is strapped to a board while water is poured on their face, simulating drowning
    Barack Obama banned waterboarding early in his presidency with an executive order in 2009

By Clemence Michallon For Dailymail.com

Published: 21:28 EST, 10 April 2016 | Updated: 02:11 EST, 11 April 2016

The director of the CIA has said the agency will never waterboard anyone again, even if the future President orders it.

John Brennan told NBC he would 'absolutely not' allow any of his officers to resort to the technique in a clip unveiled on Sunday.

Barack Obama banned waterboarding, which replicates the sensation of drowning, early in his presidency with an executive order in 2009.

Donald Trump has said before he would bring it back - and worse - while Ted Cruz has denied it constituted torture.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3533288/John-Brennan-CIA-director-says-agency-never-waterboard-ordered-despite-Trump-s-Cruz-s-views.html#ixzz45WQI2X35
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

New president, new CIA director.  Not worth a hill of beans. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
New president, new CIA director.  Not worth a hill of beans.

Why would they ever again lay themselves open to outright ridicule for doing a thing which they had been ordered to do?  Obama and the PC police have poisoned the well here for a very long time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In the meantime, detainees abroad will continue to be subject to interrogation by foreign powers and parties not in the direct employ the CIA nor under the command and control of the Office of the President of the United States of America. If anyone is caught waterboarding detainees, the Agency will disavow any knowledge of their actions... :nometalk:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

If anyone is caught waterboarding detainees, the Agency will disavow any knowledge of their actions... :nometalk:

Good Morning Mr. Phelps.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In the meantime, detainees abroad will continue to be subject to interrogation by foreign powers and parties not in the direct employ the CIA nor under the command and control of the Office of the President of the United States of America. If anyone is caught waterboarding detainees, the Agency will disavow any knowledge of their actions... :nometalk:

I wasn't about to point that out but now that you have done so it's out there.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Mr. Brennan, being a good muzzie, knows the only people likely to be waterboarded are muzzies and he doesn't want that to happen.

Bill Cipher

Rendition, correct?