Author Topic: 1999 Larry King Interview with Donald Trump  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
1999 Larry King Interview with Donald Trump
« on: April 10, 2016, 11:19:57 pm »
Well I have been looking at old articles from the Clinton Presidency era.  As you know I posted a report from the Republican Committee about the Kosovo war.  A report that questioned what we were doing in Kosovo.  And for very good reason.  I became interested because Clinton, Trump, Cruz and Sanders were active in politics in 1999.  Clinton of course as President and his wife Hillary.  Bernie who voted for the war and Ted who was working for Bush.  I think that we should look at the whole picture when making decisions on something as important as electing a President.  So to make a long story short I was doing some research when I came across the Larry King interview with Trump.  Trump was considering a run for President in 1999.  It was a very long and interesting interview.  Surprisingly there were things that I could agree with Trump on and the Kosovo war was one of those things.  The interview however revealed that he really does not belong running as a GOP candidate.  He knew that in 1999 but guess he is too aware that he would get nowhere in a third party.  Here are some of the things that stood out to me:

He would like Oprah Winfrey to be his Vice President.  He couldn't have picked a more liberal person could he?  Makes sense however because Trump himself has also given praise to Obama and Clinton.  I have to ask any of the Republican posters on Briefing Room could you vote for Trump/Winfrey?

Donald admits as he has in this election that he is very liberal on health care.  He would like Universal Healthcare.  I guess Obama's failure probably isn't quite liberal enough.

He wouldn't have run the Kosovo war like the Clintons.  Everyone knows that it was mainly a air war.  Clintons full of pride that Americans didn't die in the war.  But Donald recognized that we were killing civilians and destroying Yugoslavia.  I am even more critical as I don't think we should have been there and certainly not supporting KLA.  I believe that the Clintons sold the American people exaggerated accounts of genocide.  Daniel Pearl covered that and then he was murdered by Islamic extremists probably members of Al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden.

Trump was critical of Pat Buchanan called him Neo Nazi and compared him to Hitler.  What Trump doesn't realize is that his own words could be construed in the same manner.

Trump thinks we should sue tobacco companies and alcohol companies.  Not really a Conservative view of personal responsibility. 

And of course Donald is Donald then and now.  He had the most votes!

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/10/08/trump.transcript/

« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:25:04 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

Re: 1999 Larry King Interview with Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 11:33:21 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 11:37:07 pm »
This is the old Donny. He is a totally extremely extreme Conservative now. Been so for about 2 weeks now.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 11:39:23 pm »
That was 1999.  People change. This time Trump means what he says.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 11:40:59 pm »
That was 1999.  People change. This time Trump means what he says.

One of those tin hats appropriate at this time.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 11:41:52 pm »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 11:42:26 pm »
This is the old Donny. He is a totally extremely extreme Conservative now. Been so for about 2 weeks now.

Don't give him away Frank!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 11:45:49 pm »
Jesse "the body" Ventura the best governor in the history of the world?

Is he the conspiracy guy?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 11:47:15 pm »
In 1999 Ted Cruz was still a Canadian, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 11:52:50 pm »
In 1999 Ted Cruz was still a Canadian, too.

Yes he was while he was lying to multiple women to have affairs. I really was hoping this would never come out. I am so disappointing in Cruz that I am going to send him more money. That will show that Lyin' SOB!

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 11:53:53 pm »
Is he the conspiracy guy?

and 1st rate nut job.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 12:15:26 am »
He was the ex wrestler governor of Minnesota.  IMO, he won because of his TV fame.  Sad.  As for conspiracy guy.....there were weird things about him, but I can't tell you exactly what they were right now.  Not my state, thankfully.  But I know enough to know for a fact that he was not the best governor in the history of the world.  What a joke.

His only asset was his honorable military service record.  Other than that he was a nut.

Oh he is the conspiracy nut.  Look at the titles for his shows.

http://www.tv.com/shows/conspiracy-theory-with-jesse-ventura/episodes/

A-Lert

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 02:08:25 am »
Funny isn't it?  Two Neo Nazi's in a pea pod.

No, a pathetic, disgusting lie.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 03:04:36 am »
No, a pathetic, disgusting lie.

OK, A-Lert.  I agree that Trump is not a Neo Nazi.  But his comments about killing the families of Muslim terrorists puts him out there for people to make their own assumptions.  That is outrageous.  We are dealing with a threat that doesn't have straightforward answers but you cannot kill women and children.  We have to do the best we can to identify threats.  I am not onboard with gorilla tactics.  These thoughts are on the scale of genocide.  Where an ethnic group is target for extermination.  ISIS is like that we are not.

A-Lert

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 03:38:17 am »
OK, A-Lert.  I agree that Trump is not a Neo Nazi.  But his comments about killing the families of Muslim terrorists puts him out there for people to make their own assumptions.  That is outrageous.  We are dealing with a threat that doesn't have straightforward answers but you cannot kill women and children.  We have to do the best we can to identify threats.  I am not onboard with gorilla tactics.  These thoughts are on the scale of genocide.  Where an ethnic group is target for extermination.  ISIS is like that we are not.

The Muslims kill women and children. They train women and children to kill indiscriminately. They train women and children  to be suicide bombers. They are terrorists every bit as much as the men. It is the responsibility of the CIC of the USA to protect the citizens. There is nothing proposed that even approaches genocide or extermination. Please, enough of the drama and exaggeration..

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 04:30:34 am »
The Muslims kill women and children. They train women and children to kill indiscriminately. They train women and children  to be suicide bombers. They are terrorists every bit as much as the men. It is the responsibility of the CIC of the USA to protect the citizens. There is nothing proposed that even approaches genocide or extermination. Please, enough of the drama and exaggeration..

A-Lert.  What you are doing is saying that since Muslims kill women and children we should.  Because Muslims train women and children to be suicide bombers they should be killed.  Sorry but that is not Constitutional.  The terrorist woman who killed with her husband died because she was engaged in a terrorist act and she chose to die.  If there is no crime you can't kill people.  You can apprehend them for questioning.  But you can't kill families.  Tell me if there is a domestic terrorist and he blows up something and he is not Muslim are you going to go to his home and kill his family?  You cannot just assume that people are killers based on religion.

A-Lert

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 04:50:51 am »
A-Lert.  What you are doing is saying that since Muslims kill women and children we should.  Because Muslims train women and children to be suicide bombers they should be killed.  Sorry but that is not Constitutional.  The terrorist woman who killed with her husband died because she was engaged in a terrorist act and she chose to die.  If there is no crime you can't kill people.  You can apprehend them for questioning.  But you can't kill families.  Tell me if there is a domestic terrorist and he blows up something and he is not Muslim are you going to go to his home and kill his family?  You cannot just assume that people are killers based on religion.

I don't discriminate. A terrorist is a terrorist, man, woman, child, eunuch, transgender. The crimes against US citizens have already been committed. No one has proposed killing American families of terrorists here in the US. No one has claimed that people are killers based on religion. They are terrorists because they kill or support killers. Please try to stay focused on who and what are terrorists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 05:16:11 am »
I don't discriminate. A terrorist is a terrorist, man, woman, child, eunuch, transgender. The crimes against US citizens have already been committed. No one has proposed killing American families of terrorists here in the US. No one has claimed that people are killers based on religion. They are terrorists because they kill or support killers. Please try to stay focused on who and what are terrorists.

Oh A-Lert even Trump knows that Trump said the wrong thing.   That is why he has to correct himself.  He knows that even in a foreign land we still have rules of engagement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-terrorists_us_56e0d7cde4b065e2e3d4d82d

A-Lert

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 06:36:31 am »
Oh A-Lert even Trump knows that Trump said the wrong thing.   That is why he has to correct himself.  He knows that even in a foreign land we still have rules of engagement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-terrorists_us_56e0d7cde4b065e2e3d4d82d

You're chasing your tail now. HuffPo? Really? Wow that is desperation.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 06:44:04 am »
You're chasing your tail now. HuffPo? Really? Wow that is desperation.

What a childish game.  Nobody made the words come out of Trumps mouth.  I could care less who covered it.  Actually quite fitting.  Liberal news for the liberal candidate.  And don't say he isn't because Donald Trump says he is.

Here's another for you.  Enjoy the video.  You should learn to embrace Huffington Post.  Trump and his good friends do.

http://reverbpress.com/politics/donald-trump-liberal-quotes/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:51:12 am by Chosen Daughter »

A-Lert

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 07:09:18 am »
What a childish game.  Nobody made the words come out of Trumps mouth.  I could care less who covered it.  Actually quite fitting.  Liberal news for the liberal candidate.  And don't say he isn't because Donald Trump says he is.

Here's another for you.  Enjoy the video.  You should learn to embrace Huffington Post.  Trump and his good friends do.

http://reverbpress.com/politics/donald-trump-liberal-quotes/

:yawn2: