Author Topic: Ted Cruz Sweeps Colorado  (Read 2465 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Ted Cruz Sweeps Colorado
« on: April 10, 2016, 04:25:42 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/04/09/ted-cruz-sweeps-colorado/

Ted Cruz wrapped up the remaining 13 Colorado delegates on Saturday at the state Republican Party convention, winning every pledged Republican delegate from Colorado to the Republican National Convention.

The Cruz campaign distributed a list of 16 preferred delegates to those voting at the state convention. Once the votes were counted the 13 delegates elected Saturday were all Cruz-pledge delegates also listed on the Cruz slate. This brings the total of Cruz-pledged delegates from Colorado to 30 with an additional four unpledged delegates slated to vote for Cruz but not required to do so.

Upon announcement of the results, Cruz responded:

Today was another resounding victory for conservatives, Republicans, and Americans who care about the future of our country. Utah, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and tonight’s incredible results in Colorado have proven this: Republicans are uniting behind our campaign because they want a leader with real solutions who will bring back jobs, freedom, and security.

This election is about the hope that our children can still have a more promising landscape of opportunity than generations past. It’s about bringing together Americans from all backgrounds who know that we will be stronger, more prosperous, and infinitely more free if we return power in Washington back to the people. So that Americans are free to create better jobs, live and worship freely, and once again proudly defend ‘the last best hope of earth.

Thank you, Colorado, and we ask moms and dads, students and retirees across this country to join us so that together we make this election a turning point for the nation.
Donald Trump campaign senior advisor Alan Cobb told Breitbart News, “The results were a little better than we expected with seven of the alternates for Trump vs six for Cruz and zero for Kasich.”

During his speech to attendees, Cruz referenced Trump’s “Make America Great Again” campaign slogan, “Ya know it’s easy to talk about making America Great Again. You can even print that on a baseball cap. But the real question is, do you understand the principles and values that made America great in the first place?” The phrase was first made popular by President Ronald Reagan.

Cruz pledged to not compromise on religious liberty or second amendment rights and received resounding applause.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Ted Cruz Sweeps Colorado
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 04:33:16 am »
More "thievery" by the Cruz campaign I would imagine -  if I was a Trump zombie that is.

The usual natives You-Know-Where have gotten a little restless . . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 05:16:55 am »
The usual natives You-Know-Where have gotten a little restless . . . .

They have no idea who and what the "Establishment" they hate actually is.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 05:31:41 am »
 :patriot: Go Cruz!!  :patriot:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 06:03:26 am »
They have no idea . . . .

Should have stopped right there, Arne---you'd already hit the nail on the head!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 07:16:02 am »
:patriot: Go Cruz!!  :patriot:

Thank God someone has an effective plan to  stop Trump.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 11:40:04 am »
Thank God someone has an effective plan to  stop Trump.

...still trying to understand why Kasich is staying in.  Perhaps he thinks he's going to get 7 more states in order to qualify for convention?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 12:25:28 pm »
Well, good for Cruz.  He's learned not to put his future in the hands of actual voters.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 02:02:10 pm »

Donald J. Trump Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I win a state in votes and then get non-representative delegates because they are offered all sorts of goodies by Cruz campaign. Bad system!

Popehat ‏@Popehat 4m4 minutes ago
Popehat Retweeted Donald J. Trump
I pass for more yards and make far more completions than Peyton Manning but he has a ring. Bad system! - Cam Newton.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 06:09:18 pm »
...still trying to understand why Kasich is staying in.  Perhaps he thinks he's going to get 7 more states in order to qualify for convention?

The polls showing him beating Hillary and Sanders in the General are keeping him going.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 06:11:03 pm »
Well, good for Cruz.  He's learned not to put his future in the hands of actual voters.

It was Trump's choice to stage a hostile takeover of the GOP - from within the GOP.   If he and his "great people" don't know the rules they shouldn't have entered the game.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 06:42:53 pm »
‏@realDonaldTrump
I win a state in votes and then get non-representative delegates because they are offered all sorts of goodies by Cruz campaign. Bad system!

I pass for more yards and make far more completions than Peyton Manning but he has a ring. Bad system! - Cam Newton.

Perfect!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 06:55:00 pm »
If you haven't read it ........

We ask everyone read this carefully...
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,201773.0.html

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 06:58:20 pm »
‏@realDonaldTrump

TRump = Newton.  The rump does know his asses.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 07:09:00 pm »
‏@realDonaldTrump

Offline ABX

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 04:14:46 am »
In response to the odd story Drudge is pushing that is a total fabrication--

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 12:12:12 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 12:29:26 pm »
 8888crybaby   8888crybaby   8888crybaby  I have given some of the Trump supporters way too much credit.  I should have known better.  Obviously, Trump doesn't fully understand the electoral process.  That shouldn't really come as any surprise as he obviously doesn't understand the function of the three branches of government or the Constitution either.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:30:03 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 12:33:26 pm »

Actually it was a multi round caucus (at the convention). I'm not sure who is starting these stories that even Drudge is pushing, but as I posted above from an actual delegate, it is a complex caucus process. The only difference is it is at the convention. The voters of Colorado chose to use this process, not the party.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:34:16 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »
Question to the moderators:

If certain members are crying like little girls, are we not supposed to call them out for it? How do I address their unrepentant whining without you feeling that I am attacking them personally?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 03:34:18 pm »

The fact that Trumpo doesn't know or care about the rules is not the fault of anyone but Trump!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 03:40:33 pm »

Being overly fair to Trump IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 03:41:36 pm »

In Trump's case, "Competence not needed, only whining."

The rules for Colorado were known since August 25, 2015. Trump's amazing lack of competence allowed Cruz to win with the rules in play.

Does this give you great confidence in Trump's ability to stay on top of things as President???
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 03:50:35 pm »
If you haven't read it ........

We ask everyone read this carefully...
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,201773.0.html

Just for the record, was there anything in this thread that motivated that reminder?  I think we all want to stay within the lines.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 03:52:21 pm »
Just for the record, was there anything in this thread that motivated that reminder?  I think we all want to stay within the lines.

I was wondering that too. If I feel that someone is acting like a whining crybaby, do I have the right to say that I feel they are acting like a whining crybaby?