Author Topic: George Will: Nikki Haley Would Be A "Promising" VP Choice For Ted Cruz  (Read 549 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/04/06/george_will_nikki_haley_is_a_promising_vp_choice_for_ted_cruz.html

George Will: Nikki Haley Would Be A "Promising" VP Choice For Ted Cruz
By Tim Hains
Posted on April 6, 2016

GEORGE WILL: He'd have to throw into that mix Kasich himself, as I'm sure your listeners know. No Republican has ever won the White House without carrying Ohio. You have to carry Ohio and Florida. Because there is a 'gender gap' as they used to call it in the Republican Party about approaching women. It is really narrower than that -- Mitt Romney carried married women.

[South Carolina Republican Governor] Nikki Haley is a promising candidate for two reasons. One thing you don't want in a candidate for a vice presidential nomination is surprises. You want them to be surefooted and not make news and not disrupt the momentum of the campaign. She has demonstrated a tremendous surefootedness. Going through the traumatic reaction after the horrible shooting in Charleston, and also the difficulty of bringing down the Confederate flag from the state capitol grounds in Columbia.

Second, she does as a governor, she is presiding over a state transformed more and more for the better... It just continues to boom, with Boeing and all the rest down there.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Nikki is a little milquetoast for me. I would like to see Carly. She fights like hell and that is what you want as a VP.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nikki is a little milquetoast for me. I would like to see Carly. She fights like hell and that is what you want as a VP.

Carly or Scott Walker.

Offline MACVSOG68

OTOH, Nikki is a governor and such experience wouldn't hurt a GOP ticket, the front-end of which more and more appears will lack that.  And of course, Haley does have certain biological qualities that either Trump or Cruz seems in need of.  Let's see, governor, female, minority... :pondering:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline ArneFufkin

Having observed the usual suspects on the far Right and their bigotry in 2012 against Romney, I shudder to think what kind of ugliness would surround Haley's Sikh heritage (though she has thoroughly discussed her Christian conversion and is a regular attendee at a Methodist Church).

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Me too. Great experience as a governor, but I'm afraid she'd get chewed up on the trail unless she learned how to get more fight in her.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Haley is considered a Libertarian-Leaning Conservative and don't see that as a good fit for Cruz and I don't see much name recognition with her or popularity and certainly not much of a draw for Cruz. 

As for a female minority who is extremely intelligent and would  bring in the black/female votes and some moderates; Condoleezza Rice comes to mind and I think she would make a good VP. Secondly, she was without a doubt a far superior Secretary of State than Hillary.  I'm not so sure though that she would get back into politics.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Nikki_Haley.htm
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.