Author Topic: Top Scientists Weigh In On Whether We All Live In A Hologram  (Read 555 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Top Scientists Weigh In On Whether We All Live In A Hologram
« on: April 07, 2016, 05:04:35 am »
Top Scientists Weigh In On Whether We All Live In A Hologram

Maybe we’re just blips on some cosmic computer screen.

Our universe certainly seems real, but in recent years a growing number of scientists have begun to wonder if it’s all just a sophisticated simulation. Are we and everything around us nothing more than points of data in some sort of cosmic hologram?

A group of celebrated scientists, including Neil deGrasse Tyson, gathered at New York City’s American Museum of Natural History on Tuesday night for a serious discussion of what may sound more like a sci-fi movie plot than reality.

Tyson was joined by Lisa Randall, a theoretical physicist at Harvard University; Max Tegmark, a cosmologist at Massachusetts Institute of Technology; David Chalmers, a professor of philosophy at New York University; Zohreh Davoudi, a theoretical physicist at MIT; and James Gates, a theoretical physicist at the University of Maryland. (Watch the event in the video above.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/universe-simulation-live-debate_us_5703d091e4b0a06d5806e344?ref=yfp

This is the kind of stuff that makes its way to into public education.  We haven't discussed education too much as it relates to the election.  I know that Cruz has taken on global warming funny science.  He also is against Common Core.  All it takes is one very liberal head of the Department of Education and bad science is taught as fact.
Remember don't walk too far you just may fall of the computer screen!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Top Scientists Weigh In On Whether We All Live In A Hologram
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 05:15:25 am »
I know I shouldn't say this......but all the people involved in this discussion appear to be Atheists. Could it be they are trying to find another in a long line of excuses to explain away God? The Big Bang Theory seems to be on the discredited list now so why not try to sell the real life Matrix.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 05:23:00 am »
I know I shouldn't say this......but all the people involved in this discussion appear to be Atheists. Could it be they are trying to find another in a long line of excuses to explain away God? The Big Bang Theory seems to be on the discredited list now so why not try to sell the real life Matrix.

I think you could be right!  To me I couldn't see anyone buying this.  But when you think of it our kids have been conditioned to accept things like this.  Like you said real life Matrix.  Media has sold the outrageous.  They have been preparing our youth for the outrageous through movies and games.  Also pushing Alien existence.

Check this out
http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 05:44:15 am »
Blurring the Line: Where the Virtual Becomes Reality

I stretched out my arm and wiggled each of the fingers on my right hand individually; everything seemed to be working just fine. As I turned my head back and forth, I marveled at the bright colors and familiar games surrounding me. There were buckets for me to throw a ball into and cans stacked in a pyramid ready to be knocked over. I reached down and curled my fingers around a small ball at my side. Once I lifted my hand up, the ball came with it and I tossed it into one of the nearby buckets. Every visual and auditory signal my mind was receiving told me I was literally standing in the middle of an outdoor carnival setting, but I wasn’t.

I was actually just sitting in a chair at a booth in the middle of GDC. I was actually just wearing an Oculus Rift on my face and a motion-capture glove from Perception Neuron on my hand. I was actually just playing a virtual reality game, but I’ll be damned if that virtual experience didn’t actually feel real to me.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/03/blurring-the-line-where-the-virtual-becomes-realit.html

Dangerous when people cannot distinguish reality.