Author Topic: Rush: Why Do I Have to Tell You What's Obvious? Trump's Not a Conservative Ideologue! (There, Feel Better?)  (Read 22479 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Rush has stated ad nauseum that Trump exists because the GOP after TWO mid-term elections, refused to act as an Opposition Party to Obama.

And regarding the bold sentence....the State Judge won another 10 year term in Wisconsin.   You surely don't believe it was only because of Cruz voters.    :whistle:

You and Rush are both full of horse manure.

The GOP under Obama was labeled "The Party of No" by the opposition, so your claim that they "refused to act as an Opposition Party" is just more valid meme demagoguery.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

A-Lert

You have a lot of damned nerve.

You're not a Republican at all, you're a registered Independent.

Independents elected Barack Obama to office TWICE!

Nice job there Bucky.

No, I'm not a Republican.  I'm proud of the fact.  I'm sick of the broken promises, the caving and weak leadership of the GOPers. The stupid party finally has a candidate with energy, enthusiasm and a spine and how does it react, it tries to destroy him and his supporters.

I didn't elect Obama. I didn't vote for Obama. I despise the lawyer/community organizer. The stupid party ran  milquetoast Mitt, a candidate with no charisma or enthusiasm.  I voted for him because I despised his opponent. He lost.  It's the stupid party's fault. They push losers. I believe they really don't want to win.

A-Lert

Well, since you're including me, tell me what this means and I'll let you know if you're right or wrong.

Wingnut has some freaky obsessions. To rumps and schlongs we can now add leg humper.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

No, I'm not a Republican.  I'm proud of the fact.  I'm sick of the broken promises, the caving and weak leadership of the GOPers. The stupid party finally has a candidate with energy, enthusiasm and a spine and how does it react, it tries to destroy him and his supporters.

I didn't elect Obama. I didn't vote for Obama. I despise the lawyer/community organizer. The stupid party ran  milquetoast Mitt, a candidate with no charisma or enthusiasm.  I voted for him because I despised his opponent. He lost.  It's the stupid party's fault. They push losers. I believe they really don't want to win.

Whatever.

You're not a Republican yet you're posting in a right-wing forum about your proud support for an NYC liberal Democrat with even less experience at governing than Obama had, and who loses to either Clinton or Sanders in the GE.

God bless your little heart.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:37:00 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wingnut has some freaky obsessions. To rumps and schlongs we can now add leg humper.

:laugh:

HonestJohn

I never could. Found him to be just taging along with other people's thoughts.  I doubt he has ever had an original thought in his life

He was good when Colmes was on the show.  The debate format with Hannity and Colmes as well as one conservative and one liberal guest made him have to think on his feet and explain conservatism.

Now he can download his talking points from wherever and simply act as a talking head, spouting whatever tripe the guy with the fattest wallet wants him to say.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He was good when Colmes was on the show.  The debate format with Hannity and Colmes as well as one conservative and one liberal guest made him have to think on his feet and explain conservatism.

Now he can download his talking points from wherever and simply act as a talking head, spouting whatever tripe the guy with the fattest wallet wants him to say.

Can't argue with that.  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Whatever.

You're not a Republican yet you're posting in a right-wing forum about your proud support for an NYC liberal Democrat with even less experience at governing than Obama had, and who loses to either Clinton or Sanders in the GE.

God bless your little heart.

To say Trump has less experience at 'governing' than Obama is laughable.

Trump has been 'governing' his businesses since Obama was Soetoro. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

When you say stupid shit like that do you go to bed proud at night?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
To say Trump has less experience at 'governing' than Obama is laughable.

Trump has been 'governing' his businesses since Obama was Soetoro.

Trump is very good at what he does!  What he does is con jobs!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

When you say stupid shit like that do you go to bed proud at night?

Only after his mom puts the rubber sheets on.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
For most of Rush's broadcasting career I have been in total agreement with him on every subject to the point of being able to predict what he was going to say before he said it on most occasions.   This primary  season has changed all that (I kept waiting for him to reveal that he had been playing with us about Trump) perhaps  forever! I cannot explain what happened to him.

Rush is a phony. THe guy plays golf with the GOP establishment and pretends to be some sort of Republican Che Guevarra, always lambasting the "establishment". I posted how he tortured logic to defend Trump to the point of ludicrousness. Rush created Trump IMO, Trump's defenders use Rush's words of "GOPe" and "establishment", Rush always defends these terribly ridiculous GOP candidates with "Yeah but Reagan". Let's nominate a complete and unqualified idiot, but that's ok because they said that about Reagan too. Well maybe "they" are actually right this time, ever think about that Rush?

Rush is a liar, he lied about Romney's poll numbers all along, said they were all skewed. After Romney lost I heard Rush say on air that he "talked himself into a lie".

Rush and Trump will take the entire movement over a cliff. We've been led by this drug addict phony for too long, and now it's threatening to drive the entire movement over the cliff. On eve of an election to determine whether or not liberals will dominate the USSC for probably decades, Rush and his idiot listeners have pushed the weakest candidate on us in generations. Rush's rhetoric is splitting the GOP in half, threatening a permanent vote split which will allow left wingers to win the White House with ease for a long time.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Rush is a phony. THe guy plays golf with the GOP establishment and pretends to be some sort of Republican Che Guevarra, always lambasting the "establishment". I posted how he tortured logic to defend Trump to the point of ludicrousness. Rush created Trump IMO, Trump's defenders use Rush's words of "GOPe" and "establishment", Rush always defends these terribly ridiculous GOP candidates with "Yeah but Reagan". Let's nominate a complete and unqualified idiot, but that's ok because they said that about Reagan too. Well maybe "they" are actually right this time, ever think about that Rush?

Rush is a liar, he lied about Romney's poll numbers all along, said they were all skewed. After Romney lost I heard Rush say on air that he "talked himself into a lie".

Rush and Trump will take the entire movement over a cliff. We've been led by this drug addict phony for too long, and now it's threatening to drive the entire movement over the cliff. On eve of an election to determine whether or not liberals will dominate the USSC for probably decades, Rush and his idiot listeners have pushed the weakest candidate on us in generations. Rush's rhetoric is splitting the GOP in half, threatening a permanent vote split which will allow left wingers to win the White House with ease for a long time.
I have to disagree with much of that. Rush has done a great deal for conservatism over the years but went completely off the rails with the constant defending of Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 01:21:29 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

:whistle:

You should seek professional help.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Technical
I have to disagree with much of that. Rush has done a great deal for conservatism over the years but went completely off the rails with the constant defending of Donald Trump.

How many times has the GOP won the Popular vote since 1988, Rush's first year?

I've liked Rush in the past, but in the past year I think he's insufferable, just mindless rants against the "establishment", which is a meaningless term designed to get listeners. Now Rush has gone from being ineffective to the conservative movement, to actively hurting it.

• Technical
:whistle:

You should seek professional help.

This is the caliber of rebuttal I've learned to expect from you, DCPatriot. You should be proud of yourself.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
How many times has the GOP won the Popular vote since 1988, Rush's first year?

I've liked Rush in the past, but in the past year I think he's insufferable, just mindless rants against the "establishment", which is a meaningless term designed to get listeners. Now Rush has gone from being ineffective to the conservative movement, to actively hurting it.
I don't think it's as cut and dried as you seemingly do. Rush is exactly right when he says that the republican establishment created Trump but is very wrong in defending Trump against the effects of all the crap that has come out of Trump's own mouth.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
Rush's defense of Trump, from last September:

I will admit, Trump doesn't talk about liberty.  But he sure as hell practices it, doesn't he?  I mean, there doesn't seem to be any limits or boundaries out there.  He's not constrained by political correctness.  He has escaped the surly bonds of that.  That's liberty and freedom.  He's not constrained by onerous local, state, federal laws.  He's made billions of dollars despite them.  He's made millions of dollars with a reality TV show, which is the belly of the pop culture beast.  I mean, he's swimming around in the bowels of it in there, folks, doing a reality TV show.  I mean, that's like living with Jerry Springer.

So there you go, Trump loves liberty because he's made billions, had a reality TV show, and isn't constrained by laws. And is apparently like Jerry Springer, who I guess loves liberty self-evidently as well.

• Technical
I don't think it's as cut and dried as you seemingly do. Rush is exactly right when he says that the republican establishment created Trump but is very wrong in defending Trump against the effects of all the crap that has come out of Trump's own mouth.

I completely disagree that the GOP establishment created Trump. I think the conservative entertainment media, particularly talk radio, created Trump. Now he will split the entire party, throw it to the Dems, and give away control of the USSC for decades. Trump is the result of Levin, Limbaugh, Ingraham screaming about the "GOP establishment" for 8 years.  It's pablum for their listeners, who lick it right up.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I completely disagree that the GOP establishment created Trump. I think the conservative entertainment media, particularly talk radio, created Trump. Now he will split the entire party, throw it to the Dems, and give away control of the USSC for decades. Trump is the result of Levin, Limbaugh, Ingraham screaming about the "GOP establishment" for 8 years.  It's pablum for their listeners, who lick it right up.
Who was it that promised to repeal Obamacare if we gave them a majority in the senate and never acted on that promise? Who was it that passed continuing resolution after continuing resolution funding everything Obama asked for when they could have refused to do that? Who was it that did not a thing about Obama's executive amnesty after repeatedly promising the people that elected them that they would?

Was any of that done by Rush or talk radio?

I could continue but you get the picture although I doubt you will ever admit it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
Who was it that promised to repeal Obamacare if we gave them a majority in the senate and never acted on that promise? Who was it that passed continuing resolution after continuing resolution funding everything Obama asked for when they could have refused to do that? Who was it that did not a thing about Obama's executive amnesty after repeatedly promising the people that elected them that they would?

Lol, Bigun, the GOP congress has voted to repeal Obamacare something like 30 times. Do you understand how a law is repealed? Congress cannot do it alone. Congress under GOP control has been among the least productive in history, actually. I don't even think that's a bad thing, and I'm sure you don't either. But facts are facts.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. We're on the precipice here and Limbaugh continues to push a candidate who sink the whole show.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:05:22 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online DCPatriot

This is the caliber of rebuttal I've learned to expect from you, DCPatriot. You should be proud of yourself.

What kind of rebuttal does somebody deserve that...proudly proclaims that they don't listen to Rush Limbaugh anymore, yet tries to tell us all about him?

You're nothing but a troll...like all the rest of your butt buddies.

• Technical
What kind of rebuttal does somebody deserve that...proudly proclaims that they don't listen to Rush Limbaugh anymore, yet tries to tell us all about him?

You're nothing but a troll...like all the rest of your butt buddies.

Oh I still listen to him, for as much as I can stomach him. Get mad at me all you want. Go ahead and vote/root for his preferred candidate, Trump.

We'll talk in November...

We're going off a cliff and Limbaugh is in the driver's seat.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Lol, Bigun, the GOP congress has voted to repeal Obamacare something like 30 times. Do you understand how a law is repealed? Congress cannot do it alone. Congress under GOP control has been among the least productive in history, actually. I don't even think that's a bad thing, and I'm sure you don't either. But facts are facts.
I strongly suspect that  I understand how those things work at least as well as you do! The FACT is that the senate never acted on that promise until very late in the game despite the fact that the house had passed it MANY times previously.  If they had been remotely serious they would have made Obama veto it once a month until he left office!

The republican establishment did indeed make it possible for Trump to get as far as he has!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

Oh I still listen to him, for as much as I can stomach him. Get mad at me all you want. Go ahead and vote/root for his preferred candidate, Trump.

We'll talk in November...

We're going off a cliff and Limbaugh is in the driver's seat.

You can't have it both ways.   

Either Rush has awesome power as you describe here....or he's a "phony liar with idiot listeners", one of which is apparently still you!    :laugh: