Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh's Defense of Donald Trump Is Shocking (Sept 2015)  (Read 509 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
https://pjmedia.com/blog/rush-limbaughs-defense-of-donald-trump-is-shocking/

Last week, National Review’s Jim Geraghty published what may be the most insightful essay yet on the difference between the conservative movement and Donald Trump and his followers. Geraghty has noticed a telling reticence on Trump’s part to utter such words as "freedom" or "liberty." By contrast, Geraghty notes that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker used the word "freedom" six times in the 179-word announcement of his plan to replace ObamaCare, and Ted Cruz used "freedom" twice and "liberty" eleven times  in his announcement speech at Liberty University, not counting references to the university itself.

This is the lamest I've ever heard rush, I assume it was from September 11th 2015:

However, I must say, as the Mr. Big of the vast right-wing conspiracy, the headline, the words Trump doesn't use, in my humble -- and I do have humility -- opinion, misses the point about Trump. I will admit, Trump doesn't talk about liberty.  But he sure as hell practices it, doesn't he?  I mean, there doesn't seem to be any limits or boundaries out there.  He's not constrained by political correctness.  He has escaped the surly bonds of that.  That's liberty and freedom.  He's not constrained by onerous local, state, federal laws.  He's made billions of dollars despite them.  He's made millions of dollars with a reality TV show, which is the belly of the pop culture beast.  I mean, he's swimming around in the bowels of it in there, folks, doing a reality TV show.  I mean, that's like living with Jerry Springer.

He doesn't avoid the media.  He goes wherever they throw a camera or microphone in his face.  Rolling Stone, he'll go anywhere.  He engages when some would suggest that he head for the bunker.  I think to his supporters -- and I'm not trying to be contentious here -- I think to his supporters, Trump embodies.  I think people wish they had the courage and the guts or whatever to be as free as Trump is.  Free to speak his mind.  Free to do what he thinks. This is before people start judging it.  Newt Gingrich has weighed in on that, by the way.  He thinks Trump needs to dial it back here, but for reasons you may not have thought of.  Trump's a doer.  He's not a talker, although he's good at it.  But he hasn't got anywhere by speaking and doing speeches and talking and comprise and diplomacy. 

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/09/11/caller_brings_up_trump_so_we_talk_trump

Rush must have popped one too many pills on that day. So Trump loves liberty because he's not politically correct and has made billions of dollars and has a TV show.

What?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:18:37 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

A-Lert

Re: Rush Limbaugh's Defense of Donald Trump Is Shocking (Sept 2015)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:37:38 pm »
I believe making America great again will help return  the freedoms and liberties lost and strengthen those we already have.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:06:10 pm »
I believe making America great again will help return  the freedoms and liberties lost and strengthen those we already have.

Which of Trumps policies will do that?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 11:52:20 pm »
Anybody surprised?

Phil ElliottVerified account
‏@Philip_Elliott

Trump spox @KatrinaPierson says he might raise general election cash, not self-fund. "People want to be invested," she tells @wolfblitzer
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 12:04:18 am »
Which of Trumps policies will do that?

Securing our borders and vetting Syrian refugees would be an intelligent beginning.