Author Topic: Baseball 2016---Season On!  (Read 39686 times)

Wingnut

Re: Baseball 2016---Season On!
« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2016, 12:37:14 am »
Are you kidding? If the Cubs and the Indians end up in the World Series against each other, the
networks will go batsh@t nuts with the storylines and the long, long, long World Series ring
droughts each team has, not to mention the calamities each team's dealt with over the years, on
and off the field. (Not to mention the prospect of the Indians having to try to win a Series
against the team everyone and their proverbial twin brother had winning this year's Series when
spring training was still two weeks from finishing . . . )

I think that is what I said.  But in a whole less bunch of words.

But thanks for agreeing.   888high58888

Offline musiclady

« Reply #351 on: October 18, 2016, 12:55:15 pm »
I'd just like to point out that the Indians are now 3-0 against the Blue Jays, and that their bullpen is AWESOME!!!

The whole world has been against Cleveland for a long time in a lot of ways, and that makes me even MORE proud to be an Indians fan!

One more game and we're World Series bound!!    :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #352 on: October 18, 2016, 01:05:27 pm »
I'd just like to point out that the Indians are now 3-0 against the Blue Jays, and that their bullpen is AWESOME!!!

The first team in playoff history to win a game without a pitcher lasting two innings. 
            .... And they say baseball is boring.   Pssshhhh.

You're team is doing great, @musiclady !

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline musiclady

« Reply #353 on: October 18, 2016, 01:16:15 pm »
The first team in playoff history to win a game without a pitcher lasting two innings. 
            .... And they say baseball is boring.   Pssshhhh.

You're team is doing great, @musiclady !

Thanks @Polly Ticks !

Yeah.......... when your starting pitcher goes out after 2/3's of an inning, you gotta have a powerful bull pen to win the game!

I was hoping they'd get ahead 3-0, because the chances of losing the next four with as strong a team as we have is pretty small.

One more!!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #354 on: October 18, 2016, 05:33:31 pm »
Thanks @Polly Ticks !

Yeah.......... when your starting pitcher goes out after 2/3's of an inning, you gotta have a powerful bull pen to win the game!

I was hoping they'd get ahead 3-0, because the chances of losing the next four with as strong a team as we have is pretty small.

One more!!

Amusing little story about George Szell, the Cleveland Orchestra, and the 1948 World Series.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

Offline musiclady

« Reply #356 on: October 19, 2016, 10:55:33 pm »
TRIBE TAKES TORONTO IN 5 GAMES - WINS 3-0!!

WORLD SERIES, HERE WE COME!!!!
:cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #357 on: October 19, 2016, 11:52:44 pm »
TRIBE TAKES TORONTO IN 5 GAMES - WINS 3-0!!

WORLD SERIES, HERE WE COME!!!!
:cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead:

They got there on Merritt. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #358 on: October 19, 2016, 11:59:15 pm »
They got there on Merritt. ;)

Indeed.

And he looks like he's 12!

Andrew Miller is a GREAT choice for MVP.

I actually think we can win the World Series this time around......... which is nice because I was two months from even being conceived when we won the last one......... and I'm OLD!  ^-^

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #359 on: October 20, 2016, 04:34:00 am »
Cubbies finally found their bats tonite and pounded LA 10-2.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2016, 05:36:48 am »
What they may about Ben Zobrist in future lore: he dropped, arguably, the most powerful bunt in Cubs history.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2016, 05:19:26 pm »
Cubbies pounded LA again last night in their home stadium. Now back to Wrigley. One more game till the Drought Series is on!
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2016, 06:57:01 pm »
Cubbies pounded LA again last night in their home stadium. Now back to Wrigley. One more game till the Drought Series is on!

World Series opener will be in Cleveland for the first time EVER.

This is the magical year for Cleveland.  Cubs had better be ready!

btw, ticket prices are through the roof in anticipation of the Cubs' winning.  If you have a few thousand dollars sitting around, you can buy a ticket for Tuesday night's game.   ^-^

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #363 on: October 21, 2016, 06:59:28 pm »
World Series opener will be in Cleveland for the first time EVER.

This is the magical year for Cleveland.  Cubs had better be ready!

btw, ticket prices are through the roof in anticipation of the Cubs' winning.  If you have a few thousand dollars sitting around, you can buy a ticket for Tuesday night's game.   ^-^

Best of luck to you and your Indians.  I despise the most ignorant obnoxious baseball fans on earth (the flubs)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2016, 07:07:11 pm »
Best of luck to you and your Indians.  I despise the most ignorant obnoxious baseball fans on earth (the flubs)

Thanks!  There's a little bit of feeling of "destiny" in northern Ohio these days.  This team is young, and calm and cool and collected, and the pitching is absolutely stunning.

In '97 we made it to the final inning and Jose Mesa blew our lead.  We were SO close!

But I think this time around, we've got such a strong bullpen, and that Terry Francona is such a strong manager, that we've got a good chance of winning.  The guys feel like they're family, and Cleveland is a fantastic sports town.

And besides that, I need a new shirt!!  ^-^

I'm optimistic!

#TrueTribe
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:08:06 pm by musiclady »

Wingnut

« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2016, 07:23:34 pm »

Oh Lord bless the Cubs and the little Mbuti Pygmies Babies Down in Cleveland.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »
Oh Lord bless the Cubs and the little Mbuti Pygmies Babies Down in Cleveland.

Not nice, @Wingnut ......... not nice at ALL!   :smokin:

Wingnut

« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2016, 07:36:27 pm »
Not nice, @Wingnut ......... not nice at ALL!   :smokin:

:knifefight: :green teeth: :jail: *look*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2016, 07:44:19 pm »
:knifefight: :green teeth: :jail: *look*

Well, it's not so bad.  The Mbuti Pygmies sing some pretty cool music, in  very high voices, so I guess it's alright for a soprano like me to be associated with them.   888high58888
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:44:53 pm by musiclady »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #369 on: October 23, 2016, 02:50:35 am »
Congrats to the Cubbies!!!! I hope they beat the Tribe..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #370 on: October 23, 2016, 02:51:24 am »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #371 on: October 23, 2016, 02:53:08 am »
Congrats to the Cubbies!!!! I hope they beat the Tribe..

Me too!....Go Cubs!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #372 on: October 23, 2016, 02:54:05 am »
Let the Drought Series begin!
The Republic is lost.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #373 on: October 23, 2016, 02:59:19 am »
Me too!....Go Cubs!

Kudos to the Ricketts family to actually give a damn about winning..

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #374 on: October 23, 2016, 03:04:09 am »
I just hope the World Series goes seven games so we can forget about this damned election for as long as possible.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.