Author Topic: Carson on Trump: 'Are there better people? Probably'  (Read 545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carson on Trump: 'Are there better people? Probably'
« on: April 03, 2016, 01:52:02 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/274994-carson-on-trump-are-there-better-people-probably

April 03, 2016, 07:00 am
Carson on Trump: 'Are there better people? Probably'

By Harper Neidig

Ben Carson, a surrogate for Donald Trump, said on Sunday that there are “probably” better people to fill the White House than the Republican presidential front-runner.

When asked in a radio interview with John Catsimatidis why he endorsed the business mogul, Carson listed several of Trump’s qualities, including: his business success, favorable image among his employees and parenting skills.

“All of that says quite a bit about a person," Carson said. "Now does it mean that he’s perfect? No, he has some major defects, there’s no question about it – just like the rest of us. But I think he is willing to listen to other people. He may not say that publicly because there is a humility issue there that could perhaps use some polishing.”

“Nobody believes in the government anymore. Everybody believes that we are weak, we are weak on the world stage, we are not doing things that make sense economically. And he’s probably the person who is most likely to do that. Are there better people? Probably."

Still, Carson maintained that Trump was the best option partly due to the fact that he is not a member of the “political elite.”

The former neurosurgeon said that Trump scares those political elites so much that they would rather see Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton in the White House.

“Well, I think the establishment in the Republican Party is scared out of their wits about the possibility of someone like Donald Trump coming in, who they don’t have control over," Carson said.

"The established political class, both Republicans and Democrats, have been in control for decades, and I believe the established Republicans would prefer to see someone like Hillary Clinton win than they would Donald Trump, because she’s part of the established political class, is predictable and is controllable.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Carson on Trump: 'Are there better people? Probably'
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 03:45:41 pm »
Actually, this is the money quote:

“Well, I think the establishment in the Republican Party is scared out of their wits about the possibility of someone like Donald Trump coming in, who they don’t have control over," Carson said.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 04:29:35 pm »
There are lots of "better people" that should be in politics and leading in the three branches of government, but the way they have the system rigged, you have to be a billionaire to self-finance your campaign to get elected or sell yourself to big money donors.  An ordinary person with the smarts and ethics to do the job can't break through that kind of dirty system.

I appreciate Trump doing this, he sure doesn't need to go through this kind of ordeal at this time in his life.  I believe he is doing it out of love for country and a desire to try to fix things that have gone horribly wrong. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 04:34:31 pm »
You mean the guy Trump bought off for a position TBA?  This guy is nothing more than a shill for Trump. 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 04:49:50 pm »
I don't think Trump is evil incarnate, like some.  I am sure he has good qualities and will be a better POTUS than Hitlery.  What impresses me most about Trump is that he has managed to reel in support from people I respect, especially Jeff Sessions and Ben Carson.  Most of the rest of Trump's right wing support, I am convinced, has been purchased.  That includes Palin, Coulter, Breitbart and Drudge.  And for some reason, Rush Limbaugh will not go after him directly, although he does disclose all the negatives, and Limbaugh's brother is decidedly opposed.

All that said, it just seems a shame to me that we have the opportunity to nominate someone we absolutely know is a solid, across the board conservative, and so many seem to prefer a man whose convictions are unknown and grasp of the issues is alarmingly deficient.  Hopefully, Tuesday will be the beginning of the end for Trump.  If he loses Wisconsin, he probably cannot get to 1237, and once people see that, the realization will set in that if Trump does not win on the first ballot he will not be the nominee.  Many, if not most, of the Trump delegates at the convention will have little or no conviction toward him, whereas almost all of the Cruz delegates will hold steady.

For someone who claims to be such a great closer, Trump does not seem to be closing out the primaries very well.