Author Topic: Trump 4th statement on abortion: 'Abortion is murder but don't change the law. Leave it the way it is."  (Read 13958 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Most do not. That is why he will never be President even if somehow he becomes the GOP nominee.   :beer:

My money is still on him dropping out. Either right before,or shortly after the convention.

Leaving the path to the WH wide open for his old pals,the Clintons.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's law because it disallows for laws that ban abortion by finding those laws unconstitutional. SCOTUS did NOT overstep their authority in Roe v. Wade any more than they did in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., Schuette v. Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action, or  National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) v. Noel Canning. A case was brought to them and they decided in favor of one party over the other. It's their Constitutional power to do so and what they're supposed to do.

Even if Roe were to be overturned, the issue would revert to the States and abortion would still be legal in the US, albeit with possibly less restrictions since more liberal States would naturally expand the existing parameters.

Roe is far too deeply rooted in our culture to go away. It's up to our culture, not the government, to fix the problem of excessive abortions.

Very well said,  Luis. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Doubt it. Hillary talks about issues and Trump talks about Bill Clinton? 

Yeah. I can see that working out real well for a serial adulterer like Trump.

Everyone knows about Bill, it is old news, but so much hasn't been really reported on lately on Trump. The media will blow off the Bill stuff.  The Dems are already starting to leak some Trump stuff on their social media pages and it will turn the pro-life crowd's stomachs.  A couple of days ago, I saw they dropped his interview with Howard Stern where he talked about encouraging (they spun it as pressuring) Marla Maples to get an abortion. They also started mentioning something I've been warning about, from Ivana's book about Trump paying multiple mistresses to get abortions.

This is an issue Trump can't be wishy washy on and it is an issue that his followers can't put him on some saintly pedestal on. It will be an ugly issue in the general if he is the nominee. Very ugly.

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

HonestJohn

Did you see this?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-unpopularity-20160401-story.html
Donald Trump is now the least popular American politician in three decades

:smokin:Trump is leading the polls again.

To me, this is very worrying.

For it shows just how far a large plurality of GOP primary voters (a small minority of all voters) have drifted from the rest of America.  These are the voters that select our candidates in the off-year elections and, by doing so, believe that they are representative of both the GOP and of America.

They don't.  They are akin to Freepers, insulated from the world and yet, believing they are the world.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
To me, this is very worrying.

For it shows just how far a large plurality of GOP primary voters (a small minority of all voters) have drifted from the rest of America.  These are the voters that select our candidates in the off-year elections and, by doing so, believe that they are representative of both the GOP and of America.

They don't.  They are akin to Freepers, insulated from the world and yet, believing they are the world.

No man is an island, but a dozen goofballs with an Internet connection and an echo chamber forum believe themselves a universe.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No man is an island, but a dozen goofballs with an Internet connection and an echo chamber forum believe themselves a universe.

Worth repeating.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump supporters are a bunch of unhappy malcontents who assume the rest of the country is as miserable as they are.

I know this will be construed as a "personal attack" but I'm sorry, that's my opinion.

A-Lert

That 3 AM phone call,   "Mr. President we have a huge problem.".  This is the last person I want making that decisions that could cost millions of lives.

You'd much rather have the Bern or the sexual predaror enabler making decisions that could cost millions of lives?  Might as well be posting at DU or Kos.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You'd much rather have the Bern or the sexual predaror enabler making decisions that could cost millions of lives?  Might as well be posting at DU or Kos.

I'd rather have the AFLAC duck picking that phone up than any one of those three.

The fact that primary voters have brought us to this cliff is mind-boggling.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

A-Lert

I'd rather have the AFLAC duck picking that phone up than any one of those three.

The fact that primary voters have brought us to this cliff is mind-boggling.

No it isn't. Obama's election and re-election was an obvious indicator as to how far the US electorate has fallen.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
No it isn't. Obama's election and re-election was an obvious indicator as to how far the US electorate has fallen.

In both the last cycles there was an acceptable alternative to the Democrat on the GOP ticket that would have made for a far better POTUS than Obama. With Trump in the lead that's not the case this time around, and I blame primary voters for this situation.

I'll probably be voting for the Libertarian Party candidate.

A-Lert

In both the last cycles there was an acceptable alternative to the Democrat on the GOP ticket that would have made for a far better POTUS than Obama. With Trump in the lead that's not the case this time around, and I blame primary voters for this situation.

I'll vote to keep the Bern or the sexual predator enabler from the White House. If either of the demonrats  win, it is over.

Bill Cipher

The blame is well-placed.

Offline NavyCanDo

I'll vote to keep the Bern or the sexual predator enabler from the White House. If either of the demonrats  win, it is over.

Fare enough, but when the polls say Hillary and Sanders destroys Trump, that does not concern you?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

You don't get it, do you?

That ship has sailed.

Primary voters have given Democrats the election.

I'm not voting for Trump AND I'm not accepting the blame for the loss. That's on the people who have gotten us to this point.

Bill Cipher

That ship has sailed.

I'm not voting for Trump AND I'm not accepting the blame for the loss. That's on the people who have gotten us to this point.

Exactly.

A-Lert

Fare enough, but when the polls say Hillary and Sanders destroys Trump, that does not concern you?

Polls change constantly. November is still a long way off.  If Trump gets the nomination, I'll vote for him. If he doenn't, I'll vote for who does. I'm not stupid. I'm not a sore loser.

Bill Cipher

Polls change constantly. November is still a long way off.  If Trump gets the nomination, I'll vote for him. If he doenn't, I'll vote for who does. I'm not stupid. I'm not a sore loser.

The polls to date have been quite consistent.  The only true statement in your post is that November is still a long way off.

A-Lert

That ship has sailed.

The ship hasn't even exited the harbor. The people who have gotten nus to this point are the milquetoast, leaderless GOPers.

Bill Cipher

The ship hasn't even exited the harbor. The people who have gotten nus to this point are the milquetoast, leaderless GOPers.

Nope.  The people who got us to this point are the people who allowed their anger to blind them to the point where they've backed a moral cretin whose only real skill is alienating more voters than almost any candidate in living memory.

A-Lert

The polls to date have been quite consistent.  The only true statement in your post is that November is still a long way off.

Poll just posted by one of "yours" shows Trump closing to within 7 points of Cruz in Wisconsin. What excuse will you use if Trump closes to within a point or two or takes the lead?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

I'm not a sore loser. I'm a Republican and I won't vote for a Democrat, which is why if the nominees are Clinton or Sanders and Trump, I'll have to vote for someone else. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

That ship has sailed.

:amen:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nope.  The people who got us to this point are the people who allowed their anger to blind them to the point where they've backed a moral cretin whose only real skill is alienating more voters than almost any candidate in living memory.

Which is why he was hired to do it.

Ross Perot,Part-2.