Author Topic: Man Guilty Of Terror Plot On US Troops In UK  (Read 267 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Man Guilty Of Terror Plot On US Troops In UK
« on: April 01, 2016, 11:58:32 am »
Delivery driver Junead Khan has been found guilty of preparing to carry out a terror attack on US military personnel in Britain.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1671002/man-guilty-of-terror-plot-on-us-troops-in-uk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35944661

I discussed some of the reasons the UK doesn't really freak over terror attacks. This is a subsidiary reason - much of the time, a plot is revealed during sentencing and not before.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Man Guilty Of Terror Plot On US Troops In UK
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:52:36 pm »
A delivery driver from Luton has been convicted of plotting to kill a US airman outside a base in East Anglia.

Junead Khan, a supporter of so-called Islamic State (IS), was found guilty of preparing terrorist acts.

Khan had driven past RAF Lakenheath and other bases on his delivery route, and had discussed staging a car crash and attacking a soldier with a knife.

He was also convicted of preparing to join IS in Syria. His uncle Shazib Khan was also convicted of the same charge.

Police said Junead Khan planned to stage a car crash outside an airbase and then use a knife to attack a member of the US military.

He had also done extensive research on how to make a bomb, said Commander Dean Haydon of the Metropolitan Police's Counter Terrorism Command.

The verdicts came after a six-week trial at Kingston Crown Court.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink