Author Topic: Gene Simmons: ‘Perhaps 100 Million People’ Secretly Support Donald Trump’s Proposed Wall  (Read 935 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/03/31/gene-simmons-perhaps-100-million-people-secretly-support-donald-trumps-proposed-wall/

by Kipp Jones31 Mar 2016

Rock legend Gene Simmons says that tens of millions of Americans—perhaps as many as 100 million people—secretly support GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s plan to build a wall on the country’s southern border.

During a brief interview with Rolling Stone that was published on Wednesday Mar. 30, the Kiss frontman opened up about Trump, who he hailed as “the truest political animal I’ve ever seen onstage.”

“He has no speechwriters, no editing, no nothing. He’s actually on tape going ‘motherf—ker.’ You cannot turn away,” Simmons, 66, told the publication.

The Israeli-born rocker and entrepreneur, who clarified he does not necessarily support Trump’s White House bid, said the billionaire real estate developer “has said some very vile, unkind things,” but praised him for speaking “off the cuff.”

“And he’ll double down. If you ask him about building a wall he’ll say, ‘F—k you, I’m going to make it 10 feet higher, just because you asked me’ … He’s not there to be your friend,” said Simmons. He added:

The middle, the centrists, they can say, ‘What do you think of this?’ because everybody is sick and tired of being politically correct. Secretly, tens of millions, perhaps 100 million people may actually have some positive feelings about a wall.

… Macedonia is building a wall between Greece and Macedonia.

…There’s a wall between Israel and a neighboring country. There was a Berlin Wall. There was the Great Wall of China. So whether they’re good or bad for people, walls actually work … It’s unkind, but in terms of pragmatics, it actually works.

Referencing the massive, 40-foot high walls surrounding the Vatican, the rocker said, “The Pope has said the wall is unkind, but it’s interesting that at the Vatican there’s a wall. They don’t want people on the outside coming into the Vatican.”

Pope Francis described Trump’s border wall as “not Christian” earlier this year.

Simmons concluded he thinks Trump is “good for the political system.”

“Trump is not a politician. He does not need your money, and he will speak his mind, God damn it, whether you like it or not. And he has no problem saying ‘F—k off,’” he said.

“I like that,” he added, “even if I disagree.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

“Trump is not a politician. He does not need your money, and he will speak his mind, God damn it, whether you like it or not. And he has no problem saying ‘F—k off,’” he said.

Well that makes me feel just warm all over. Always wanted an unrestrained President telling me to F Off.

Offline sinkspur

Yep.  The man with the longest, nastiest tongue in the world weighs in on Donald Trump. 

I want a man in the presidency who wants to proliferate nukes throughout the world. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

Yes we Conservatives, 100 Million of us or more want a secured southern border - but Trump does not have exclusives rights to the idea of a "wall", though he will claim he does.

From the Web site of Ted Cruz in the Issues section:  "He will build a wall that works, triple border security, and put in place the surveillance and biometric tracking to secure the border.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
100 million people: in other words, a little less than 1 in 3 Americans. That's not a very bold statement.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

A-Lert

I'm no fan of Kiss or Simmons, but that was a damn funny interview. Up next, Ted Nugent!

Online Right_in_Virginia

Yes we Conservatives, 100 Million of us or more want a secured southern border - but Trump does not have exclusives rights to the idea of a "wall", though he will claim he does.

From the Web site of Ted Cruz in the Issues section:  "He will build a wall that works, triple border security, and put in place the surveillance and biometric tracking to secure the border.

Cruz has also co-opted Trump's position on trade.  Cruz hasn't had an original idea in his lifelong political career. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Cruz has also co-opted Trump's position on trade.  Cruz hasn't had an original idea in his lifelong political career.
Have you ever heard the phrase "there is nothing new under the sun?"

There are very few "original ideas." What ones there are are usually wacky and totally unworkable. This isn't art, it's governance, and usually what works is already well-known.

But nice try.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I am and will always be a big dorky Kiss fan.  Their songs are musically simplistic and lyrics almost exclusively about sex.  Gene should stick to what he knows best.  Spitting blood and fire, sticking out his tongue, and balls deep rock n roll.