Author Topic: Michelle Fields Evacuates Apartment After Fox, Buzzfeed Accidentally Publish Her Address  (Read 739 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields has left her Washington, D.C. apartment after news outlets accidentally published Fields’ address and phone number, opening her up to harassment.

Fields successfully filed police charges against Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, leading to Lewandowski’s arrest for battery Tuesday. But when Fox News and Buzzfeed published Lewandowski’s arrest report online, they forgot to redact Fields’ personal information.

Fields told The Blaze that she has been swamped with threatening messages on her phone ever since. Some of those threats were bad enough that she no longer felt safe staying in her apartment.

After she successfully got her personal address removed from both websites, now the constant death threats are limited only to Twitter.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/michelle-fields-evacuates-apartment-after-fox-buzzfeed-accidentally-publish-her-address/

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

A-Lert

Former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields has left her Washington, D.C. apartment after news outlets accidentally published Fields’ address and phone number, opening her up to harassment.

Fields successfully filed police charges against Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, leading to Lewandowski’s arrest for battery Tuesday. But when Fox News and Buzzfeed published Lewandowski’s arrest report online, they forgot to redact Fields’ personal information.

Fields told The Blaze that she has been swamped with threatening messages on her phone ever since. Some of those threats were bad enough that she no longer felt safe staying in her apartment.

After she successfully got her personal address removed from both websites, now the constant death threats are limited only to Twitter.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/michelle-fields-evacuates-apartment-after-fox-buzzfeed-accidentally-publish-her-address/

If Fox and Buzzfeed had access to the arrest report, wouldn't everyone? Or are they special?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If Fox and Buzzfeed had access to the arrest report, wouldn't everyone? Or are they special?

I actually agree with you on this. Arrest reports are public information.

Offline sinkspur

Who looks at arrest reports except voyeurs?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Who looks at arrest reports except voyeurs?

For most arrest reports, ok. But this is probably the hugest political story in the country right now. Little different.

Offline musiclady

IMO, the more important info is that she is being overwhelmed with death threats.

Trump supporters??  I mean who else could it be?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Bill Cipher

Accidental?  I don't know.

A-Lert

IMO, the more important info is that she is being overwhelmed with death threats.

"Of course, it's all Trump's fault. He undoubtedly personally enlisted anonymous people to make Trump supporters look bad. :mauslaff:

Bill Cipher

"Of course, it's all Trump's fault. He undoubtedly personally enlisted anonymous people to make Trump supporters look bad. :mauslaff:

Wouldn't surprise me, considering the number of times Trump has made implied threats of violence or has condoned the violence of others.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:34:10 pm by Bill Cipher »

A-Lert

Wouldn't surprise me, considering the number of times Trump has made implied threats of violence or has condoned the violence of others.

:boring:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I actually agree with you on this. Arrest reports are public information.
Aren't the accuser's personal details usually redacted from the public record, though?

The leaking of these things is an unfortunately way too common dirty trick in politics.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

"Of course, it's all Trump's fault. He undoubtedly personally enlisted anonymous people to make Trump supporters look bad.

Prolly pays more than $15/hr too...   :mauslaff:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Doubt it.

Mike Cernovich and Milo Yappylittleshit both have huge gamergate followings and have both jumped on her hard. Those little twats LOVE frightening women - no politics necessary.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Doubt it.

Mike Cernovich and Milo Yappylittleshit both have huge gamergate followings and have both jumped on her hard. Those little twats LOVE frightening women - no politics necessary.
Hmm. This could be a case of strange bedfellows.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

Hmm. This could be a case of strange bedfellows.

Indeed!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

Prolly pays more than $15/hr too...   :mauslaff:

I don't know, I've seen stories stating that Trump isn't nearly as wealthy as he says. Maybe he can't afford $15/hr. /s