Author Topic: Hillary 44.2, Cruz 44.2 Marquette Wisconsin Poll  (Read 719 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Hillary 44.2, Cruz 44.2 Marquette Wisconsin Poll
« on: March 30, 2016, 04:46:04 pm »
MU Law Wisconsin head-to-heads:
Hillary 47.1, Trump 36.6
Hillary 44.2, Cruz 44.2
Kasich 48.1, Hillary 39.2

What's sad is we will throw it all away by nominating Trump.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Hillary 44.2, Cruz 44.2 Marquette Wisconsin Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 04:55:14 pm »
I hope the Trump supporters are happy.  There is no grand strategy waiting somewhere that Trump is going to unveil the day after he's nominated.

He hasn't thought that far out. He never thinks far out.  He deals with what is in front of him, as if he walked on four legs. 

What you see is what you get.  He's winging this whole thing, and the air is coming out of the balloon.

Republicans are screwed if we nominate this clown.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 07:27:41 pm »
Hillary 47.1, Trump 36.6
Hillary 44.2, Cruz 44.2

Trump is such a walking, talking bastion of thuggish disinformation and incoherence that even the virulently anti-Walker Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel had to to call him on his lies in front of a typical crowd of loutish yahoos in Janesville yesterday:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/donald-trump-numbers-aimed-at-scott-walker-miss-mark-b99697136z1-373987221.html

Donald Trump Numbers Aimed at Scott Walker Miss Mark

By Jason Stein of the Journal Sentinel

Hacking away at Gov. Scott Walker's record in Wisconsin Tuesday, real estate mogul Donald Trump swung a list of impressive statistics from "the big book."

But it turns out the billionaire presidential candidates's big book has some numbers that are misleading or just wrong.

Trump recited his list in Janesville Tuesday afternoon as he lambasted Walker, who endorsed rival and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas that morning in Wisconsin's April 5 GOP presidential primary.

"It's like devastating. By the summer of 2015 Wisconsin was facing a $2.2 billion two-year budget deficit. That's terrible. By the way these are from books — this isn't Trump — this is out of books," Trump said. "Total state debt is $45 billion, now maybe somebody is going to tell me that's wrong but again — $45 billion is very high, one of the higher ones."

That would be a crushingly high debt state — if it were true.

The Wisconsin Legislature's nonpartisan budget office recently put out numbers on Wisconsin's total debt from all loans —from general obligation bonds and road bonds to short-term loans known as commercial paper. The Legislative Fiscal Bureau, Wisconsin's equivalent of the Congressional Budget Office, puts the state debt as of December 2015 at $14.1 billion, or less than one-third of what Trump said.

That's up about $860 million, or 6.5%, from the $13.2 billion where it stood in December 2010 just before Walker took office.

Trump's campaign had no immediate comment on who publishes his "big book," but it appears that the billionaire was referring to all state and local debt in Wisconsin. The U.S. Census Bureau had total state and local debt in 2013 at $44.4 billion, a figure which includes everything from cities and counties to schools districts and other entities with their own elected officials who are not under Walker's direct control.

Trump is almost right on the $2.2 billion — the state did face a such a shortfall in the fall of 2014 and spring of 2015. But that wasn't a deficit — Wisconsin's constitution doesn't allow the state to actually spend more than it takes in.

The state was in danger of doing that a year ago, because state revenue at one point was projected to fall $2.2 billion short of what state agencies wanted to spend over the 2015-'17 budget. But since the state can't actually run such a deficit, Walker and GOP lawmakers did what they are required to do and avoided a deficit through spending cuts such as a $250 million hit to the University of Wisconsin System.

With the crowd in Janesville cheering him on, Trump gave more numbers Tuesday:

"20,000 fewer in the labor force in Wisconsin than seven years ago even though the population has grown by 100,000...Unemployment rate well they say — that can't be possible...20%, that can't be possible," Trump said, turning to the crowd. "What? Is it at 20%? Effective or regular? I mean just — effective unemployment rate at 20%, hey this is out of the big book."

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is checking on these numbers, but the state's ordinary unemployment rate was at 4.6% as of February, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. There can be ways of figuring unemployment, such as adding in people who have given up looking for jobs, that can result in it being higher. But four times higher would be a lot.

Lastly, Trump said that Wisconsin has "800,000 food stamp recipients." There, he's in the ballpark.

The state had 741,000 FoodShare recipients as of January 2016, according to the state Department of Health Services. The state hit a high of 862,000 people in May 2013.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »
Hillary 47.1, Trump 36.6
Hillary 44.2, Cruz 44.2

What's heartening is that we can still win this election - and save the Senate - if we unite around Kasich as the compromise nominee.   
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:30:51 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 07:43:10 pm »
What's heartening is that we can still win this election - and save the Senate - if we unite around Kasich as the compromise nominee.

It's apparent he's not going to exit the race, so it will be interesting to see how Kasich does in some of the remaining Midwest and NorthEast primaries.   His politics and demeanor resonate in states like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Indiana etc. and if Trump continues his self-immolation tour he might just fare well in states like New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and out west in Washington state.   
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:43:38 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 09:20:58 pm »
Hillary 47.1, Trump 36.6
Hillary 44.2, Cruz 44.2

Please, please, please ... keep the faith!  He is not nominated yet.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 09:24:58 pm »

What's disheartening is Kasich won't drop out in order to allow Cruz to stop Trump and actually have a shot at winning; it's called doing the right thing for the party.  Sorry, but I've lost any respect I had for Kasich.  Kasich would rather chance giving Trump a better shot at obtaining the 1237 delegates in hopes by a slim margin that he won't make it and by some miracle Kasich wins at the convention.   :thud:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 09:33:08 pm »
My guess is that Trump supporters don't have electricity or opposable thumbs, nor do they listen to anything but talk radio, so they cannot see the myriad of ways Trump is a national embarassment/disgrace. But eventually it filters down to their mudhuts.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 09:39:03 pm »
My guess is that Trump supporters don't have electricity or opposable thumbs, nor do they listen to anything but talk radio, so they cannot see the myriad of ways Trump is a national embarassment/disgrace. But eventually it filters down to their mudhuts.

I'll go on further to say, if not talk radio they believe everything on Facebook and Twitter and their thought process is stuck on Trump's proclamation of; "believe me" ... "trust me" ... "I'll do it"!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 09:40:54 pm »
For perspective, Obama won Wisconsin 55-45 in 2012.

States like Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania are the kinds of states the GOP is going to have to turn back toward the red column, and quickly, if they plan on being competitive in Presidential elections in the near term. The Dems have held onto these states for several cycles now but they're not as vulnerable to the demographic-engineering schemes of states like Virginia and some in the Southwest.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 10:03:48 pm »
What's disheartening is Kasich won't drop out in order to allow Cruz to stop Trump and actually have a shot at winning; it's called doing the right thing for the party.  Sorry, but I've lost any respect I had for Kasich.  Kasich would rather chance giving Trump a better shot at obtaining the 1237 delegates in hopes by a slim margin that he won't make it and by some miracle Kasich wins at the convention.   :thud:

When you see these numbers month after month, why would you want to drop out?

In reality, Trump and Cruz should do the right thing for the party and drop out of the race now.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx