Author Topic: Anderson Cooper to Trump: 'That's the Argument of a 5-Year-Old'  (Read 630 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Finally!  The media finally calls out Trump on his behavior.  I'm not an Anderson Cooper fan, but he got it right and I loudly applaud him.  I've been way off and giving Trump to much credit in saying he's acting like a 5th grade bully ... no, he acts like a 5 year-old!

Anderson Cooper to Donald Trump: 'That's the argument of a 5-year-old'

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper mocked Donald Trump on Tuesday for using a childish argument to defend a tweet about the wife of one of his rivals in the GOP primary.

During a CNN town-hall event for Republican presidential candidates, Cooper asked Trump to explain the feud between himself and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas.

Cooper specifically challenged Trump's decision to share an image comparing the appearance of his wife to Cruz's. The tweet used an unflattering photo of Heidi Cruz.

"I didn't start it," Donald Trump offered to Cooper.

This was an apparent reference to an anti-Trump super PAC's online advertisement showing a racy photo of Melania Trump, a former model, from a GQ magazine photo shoot. The PAC isn't affiliated with the Cruz campaign.

But Cooper clearly didn't buy Trump's argument.

"Sir, with all due respect, that's the argument of a 5-year-old," Cooper said.

"No, it's not," Trump shot back.

"The argument of a 5-year-old is, 'He started it.' Every parent knows a kid who said 'He started it,'" Cooper said.

"You would say that," Trump said, talking over Cooper. "That's the problem with our country."

Trump's tweet last week about Heidi Cruz sparked one of the fiercest back-and-forths between the two candidates to date. Ted Cruz called Trump a "sniveling coward" and argued that candidates' wives should be off limits. Trump previously threatened to "spill the beans" on Cruz's wife in response to the super-PAC ad.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Bill Cipher

Re: Anderson Cooper to Trump: 'That's the Argument of a 5-Year-Old'
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 01:46:43 pm »
When called on his 5 year olds argument, Trump simply doubled down by using another 5 year olds argument. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 01:50:00 pm »
When called on his 5 year olds argument, Trump simply doubled down by using another 5 year olds argument.

He's a spoiled brat who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has never grown up.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:55:42 pm »
When asked about the Heidi photo used, did you hear him say he thought it was a nice picture?   The jackass is certifiable.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:33:14 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:00:08 pm »
This election cycle I have more respect for CNN than Fox.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 02:19:52 pm »
"You/They/He/She started it" is a refrain that has become very tiresome. Peel back the last 25 posts here and you are likely to find it in some form.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 06:37:14 pm »

Megyn Kelly is the only one it seems on FOX that is not supporting Trump. Though even her show seems to have a quota that so many minutes has to be devoted to listen to a Trump supporter flap his gums.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 03:24:10 am »
"He started it"  True
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 05:13:54 am »

Me too.  But its been the same the last three presidential elections.  This time worse than ever.  It isn't news its Trump Inc.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.