Author Topic: Breaking: Corey Lewandowski charged in alleged battery of Breitbart reporter.  (Read 18769 times)

A-Lert

When the first floor level videos came out which really didn't show anything definitive, I think it was a Trump supporter here that said let the police do their job and look at the video themselves which will clear Lewandowski.  OK, good advice, let the police do their job. But now there is another video, and it appears the police did do their job.   Grabbing here arm forcibly in  such a way as to cause bruising is battery. If I did that to my wife, I would have a sheriff deputy knocking at my front door.   

I posted, Let the courts decide. Being charged and convicted aren't the same. If battery is intentionally touching someone, we'd all better be careful about with whom we shake hands or give a helping hand.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php

March 29, 2016, 12:52 pm
Trump on top aide's battery charge: 'Nothing there'

By Neetzan Zimmerman

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is insisting that there's "nothing there" after his campaign manager was charged with simple battery of a reporter on Tuesday.

"Wow, Corey Lewandowski, my campaign manager and a very decent man, was just charged with assaulting a reporter," Trump tweeted. "Look at tapes-nothing there!"

The Jupiter, Fla., Police Department announced Tuesday morning that Corey Lewandowski had been charged with one count of simple battery for "intentionally" touching former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields.

Video released by the police department appears to show Lewandowski reaching his left hand between Trump and a security guard and toward Fields, holding her back as he passed her and continued following Trump through the room.

The footage can be seen above.

In a follow-up tweet, Trump appeared to suggest Fields had changed her version of events after learning that the incident was caught on tape.

That's the old "when you're in a hole, just keep digging" tactic, isn't it?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Like the Heidi Cruz fiasco, Trump will never apologize.  In fact, he just continues to press his case, even though the video is on his VERY OWN SECURITY system.  Surely he's seen it.

Cannot ever admit wrong.  This is a classic trait of pathological narcissism.

Offline sinkspur

Here's ultimate Trump suck-up, Piers Morgan:

Piers MorganVerified account
‏@piersmorgan
If a male reporter tried to claim this was 'battery', he'd be rightly mocked.
Toughen up, @MichelleFields.

Benny
‏@bennyjohnson Benny Retweeted Piers Morgan
Questioning if a woman is bruised hard enough to constitute battery is the lowest form of life on the internet.

A-Lert

Like the Heidi Cruz fiasco, Trump will never apologize.  In fact, he just continues to press his case, even though the video is on his VERY OWN SECURITY system.  Surely he's seen it.

Cannot ever admit wrong.  This is a classic trait of pathological narcissism.

Too funny!!! :bigsilly:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Here's ultimate Trump suck-up, Piers Morgan:

Piers MorganVerified account
‏@piersmorgan
If a male reporter tried to claim this was 'battery', he'd be rightly mocked.
Toughen up, @MichelleFields.

Benny
‏@bennyjohnson Benny Retweeted Piers Morgan
Questioning if a woman is bruised hard enough to constitute battery is the lowest form of life on the internet.

Where is Jeremy Clarkson when you need him?

Offline sinkspur

Ben Howe ‏@BenHowe  14m14 minutes ago
Them: “He didn’t grab her!”
Us: “Here’s the bruises.”
Them: “She gave those to herself!”
Us: “Here’s the video.”
Them: “SHE DESERVED IT!"

Offline MBB1984

Do you have evidence that "similar situations like this are rarely charged?"

btw, your parallel of going over the speed limit falls far short.  No one gets bruised when I go 59 in a 55 mph zone.

This is battery.

Yes, I practiced criminal law for a few years and handled battery cases.  Most cases are thrown out unless there is some injury.   This type of event happens all the time with bodyguards and rarely are they charged.   If she claims that this incident caused her bruising/injury, I would think it was self inflicted.  The reporter already lost her credibility by alleging she was thrown to the ground.  Trump's manager was also not accurate, but his report is closer to the truth than her rendition. 

A-Lert

Where is Jeremy Clarkson when you need him?

A wee bit difference in the two incidents.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11493270/Jeremy-Clarkson-to-be-sacked-by-the-BBC.html

"It is understood a report into the so-called ‘fracas’ at a North Yorkshire hotel, concluded that presenter spent 20 minutes verbally abusing producer Oisin Tymon, before launching a 30 second physical assault on him.

Makes one wonder if Jeremy was in his cups.

Offline sinkspur

This has GOT to be awkward:

Offline sinkspur

Yes, I practiced criminal law for a few years and handled battery cases.  Most cases are thrown out unless there is some injury.   This type of event happens all the time with bodyguards and rarely are they charged.   If she claims that this incident caused her bruising/injury, I would think it was self inflicted.  The reporter already lost her credibility by alleging she was thrown to the ground.  Trump's manager was also not accurate, but his report is closer to the truth than her rendition.

Ah, another doubter.  She never said she was thrown to the ground. She said she was thrown off balance.  Which she was.
It was my impression that she filed charges to prove that it happened after they said she was an attention-seeker.  And, clearly it happened.

A-Lert

Ah, another doubter.  She never said she was thrown to the ground. She said she was thrown off balance.  Which she was.
It was my impression that she filed charges to prove that it happened after they said she was an attention-seeker.  And, clearly it happened.

The court will decide just as I stated earlier. That you and your ilk have decided guilt puts you in the group of extremists you most always criticize.

Offline sinkspur

Trump, keepin' it going:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  3m3 minutes ago
This was the reporters statement- when she found out there was tape from my facility, she changed her tune.

Offline sinkspur

Remember, America, this is what Trump really thinks of you:

Offline musiclady

Ah yes....... the self-inflicted wounds ruse...... Yeah....... THAT's believable......   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

Offline Lando Lincoln

I have not studied the video frame-by-frame.  I am not a Trump supporter.  I don't see this rising to the issue being made of it.  I don't.  We'll see.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

I have not studied the video frame-by-frame.  I am not a Trump supporter.  I don't see this rising to the issue being made of it.  I don't.  We'll see.

A simple apology and all of this would have gone away.  But Trump and his goons cannot apologize, for anything.

A-Lert

"grabbed my arm and yanked me down"

So was the alleged assailant a midget or was he lying on the floor?

Offline sinkspur

And TRUMP JUST KEEPS IT GOING:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  5m5 minutes ago
Why is this reporter touching me as I leave news conference? What is in her hand??

Offline sinkspur

Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  3m3 minutes ago
Ben Shapiro Retweeted Donald J. Trump

A pen. Clearly this is equivalent to being grabbed, yanked, and bruised. My God, the stupid, it hurts

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It's called a pen, Donald. People write things with it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Victory press conference was over.
Why is she allowed to grab me and shout questions? Can I press charges?

Hey, Donald. Every time you taunt your victims you become a bigger man.