Author Topic: Donald Trump destroys Wolf Blitzer  (Read 4861 times)

A-Lert

Re: Donald Trump destroys Wolf Blitzer
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 04:23:41 am »
You don't have to own a TV. You just have to read the heading above the countdown clock.

BTW, Television is AWESOME! I own quite a few.

I own TVs. When I state that I don't watch,  as I've explained previously, I mean the news and talking heads. I watch sports, National Geographic and car shows.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 04:31:32 am »
I don't know why, but I actually watched this when it occurred.  Nothing. 

This is a big nothing.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

A-Lert

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 04:42:27 am »
Here is the whole interview for you.  Go to the 23:30 mark on the video to see the exchange.  :thud:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZoaxWRGUHY

Then you can see why your statement about the look on Wolf's face being priceless makes no sense at all.

To you who dislikes Trump. It made me laugh.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 08:07:41 am »
To you who dislikes Trump. It made me laugh.
No admission you were wrong, or apology for being revoltingly condescending, and an arrogantly ignorant internet bully?

Predictable, yet wholly satisfying.

My daughter's teacher was in a car accident yesterday.  She is in critical condition, and I told my daughter that sometimes tragedies like this can give greater meaning to the mundane opportunities in life, like a family diner, or just time to be together with loved ones.  Even the most trivial of occurrences can become fulfilling when contrasted with something offensive.

That is why I value your posts, A-Lert.  I am personally vexed by the posts of forum members who I respect in intellect and grace.  It is confusing that they choose Trump over Cruz.

But you, good sir, you let me indulge in my dark revulsion for Trump supporters.

I truly believe, you are a blessing from God, for me, in these dark times, my friend. ^-^  I may laugh differently, while you laugh at me obliviously, but I encourage you to never change. 

You starkly re-enforce my unflattering stereotypes of Trump supporters.  You are a gift.  Your involuntary talent for turning off Trump-curious voters is voluntary service to the country.  So compelling. 

Do you ever wonder why none of the other Trump supporters push past their embarrassment to defend you? 

Don't. 

Never change. 

Never grow. 

Never become self aware. 

So we can enjoy these times together forever

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:13:08 am by Once-Ler »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2016, 08:51:19 am »
I'll just leave these here, shall I?

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

A-Lert

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 09:55:39 am »
No admission you were wrong, or apology for being revoltingly condescending, and an arrogantly ignorant internet bully?

My daughter's teacher was in a car accident yesterday.  She is in critical condition, and I told my daughter that sometimes tragedies like this can give greater meaning to the mundane opportunities in life, like a family diner, or just time to be together with loved ones.  Even the most trivial of occurrences can become fulfilling when contrasted with something offensive.

That is why I value your posts, A-Lert.  I am personally vexed by the posts of forum members who I respect in intellect and grace.  It is confusing that they choose Trump over Cruz.

But you, good sir, you let me indulge in my dark revulsion for Trump supporters.

I truly believe, you are a blessing from God, for me, in these dark times, my friend. ^-^  I may laugh differently, while you laugh at me obliviously, but I encourage you to never change. 

You starkly re-enforce my unflattering stereotypes of Trump supporters.  You are a gift.  Your involuntary talent for turning off Trump-curious voters is voluntary service to the country.  So compelling. 

Do you ever wonder why none of the other Trump supporters push past their embarrassment to defend you? 

Don't. 

Never change. 

Never grow. 

Never become self aware. 

Thank you.

I don't need defending. I could get as snarky and verbose  as you, but why waste the time and energy. Good health to you.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2016, 12:02:59 pm »
Once more it has occurred to me that too often, too many celebrate the rude or the impolite.  To be sure, the media invites disdain or harsh retort but Blitzer did nothing to provoke this rudeness.  Yet, we are entertained by it.  Viscerally.

O-L - you sir, have a gift.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2016, 12:30:26 pm »

Don't. 

Never change. 

Never grow. 

Never become self aware. 

Thank you.

Two significant things (significant to me anyway) will happen this November.

1. The General Election
2. The 60th anniversary of the landing of the yacht Granma on Cuba's South Western coast.

The Granma carried 82 men, including Fidel and Raul Castro, Ernest "Che" Guevara and Camilo Cienfuegos.

A significant percentage of Cubans supported the Castro "revolution" at that time, and hundreds of thousands wildly cheered their arrival in Havana a little over two years later. Cuba's intellectuals were at the forefront of those adoring crowds.

Most of those intellectuals (the ones still alive) spend their time these days sitting in nursing homes and sidewalk cafes talking about what monsters the Castros have been, or writing letters to the editor of the Miami Herald denouncing the atrocities perpetrated by the Cuban regime of the people of Cuba, and demanding that the US government do something about the situation.   

We're right there again.

It's 1956 again, except this guy has private jets.

Good post.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:31:07 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2016, 02:33:01 pm »
I don't need defending. I could get as snarky and verbose  as you, but why waste the time and energy. Good health to you.

Oh my, you're bleeding. Can I punch you some more?
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2016, 05:38:47 pm »
Oh my, you're bleeding. Can I punch you some more?

Take your best shot, but small hands don't scare me.  :silly: Good health to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 05:52:51 pm »

Don't. 

Never change. 

Never grow. 

Never become self aware. 

Thank you.

That was an absolutely beautiful and satisfying post!

A-lert does far, far more harm to his god by his trolling than good.  Thank you for stating it so eloquently.   :beer:

(btw, the Ignore feature is a blessing with this one.  Nothing ever said is worth reading, and it's been true since he first burst upon the scene).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2016, 06:09:31 pm »
Take your best shot, but small hands don't scare me.  :silly: Good health to you.

I always try to use the kid gloves on those with a very small mental world view of things.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2016, 06:22:11 pm »
I always try to use the kid gloves on those with a very small mental world view of things.

IOW, you wear them 24 hours/day. :silly: Good health to you.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2016, 06:39:15 pm »
Here's what Trump thinks of his supporters:

ABC News Politics
‏@ABCPolitics

@realDonaldTrump advises supporters: "Always be around unsuccessful people, because everybody will respect you"
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2016, 06:45:27 pm »
Here's what Trump thinks of his supporters:

ABC News Politics
‏@ABCPolitics

@realDonaldTrump advises supporters: "Always be around unsuccessful people, because everybody will respect you"

88finger point

Trump: 'Always be around unsuccessful people because everybody will respect you'

Donald Trump broke from his usual political script for part of a campaign rally on Wednesday to offer advice for success to his college audience.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/video/2016/03/trump-always-be-around-unsuccessful-people-because-everybody-will-respect-you-050024#ixzz44PfQJk7w
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook