Author Topic: Bernie Sanders has a plan to hijack Hillary Clinton's superdelegates  (Read 458 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/la-na-bernie-sanders-superdelegates-20160328-story.html

As the Bernie Sanders campaign accepts the reality that securing enough votes at this point to win the Democratic nomination outright is impossible, it has moved on to a new phase in its long-shot bid for the White House: hijack Hillary Clinton’s so-called superdelegates.

Sanders advisors are targeting these party leaders and elected officials who have outsized influence in deciding who gets to be the Democratic nominee, and whom Hillary Clinton moved swiftly and aggressively to lock down early in the race. Each one of their votes at the convention in July is weighted as heavily as those of thousands of voters.

Clinton has 469 of them in her corner. Sanders has just 29.

Sanders advisors argue that if they can come close to catching Clinton in votes by the time the time the primaries conclude in June -- even if they fail to overtake her -- they will be able to persuade these lawmakers and other Democratic dignitaries to reconsider their loyalties to Clinton.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Bernie Sanders has a plan to hijack Hillary Clinton's superdelegates
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 01:44:58 pm »
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/la-na-bernie-sanders-superdelegates-20160328-story.html

As the Bernie Sanders campaign accepts the reality that securing enough votes at this point to win the Democratic nomination outright is impossible, it has moved on to a new phase in its long-shot bid for the White House: hijack Hillary Clinton’s so-called superdelegates.

Sanders advisors are targeting these party leaders and elected officials who have outsized influence in deciding who gets to be the Democratic nominee, and whom Hillary Clinton moved swiftly and aggressively to lock down early in the race. Each one of their votes at the convention in July is weighted as heavily as those of thousands of voters.

Clinton has 469 of them in her corner. Sanders has just 29.

Sanders advisors argue that if they can come close to catching Clinton in votes by the time the time the primaries conclude in June -- even if they fail to overtake her -- they will be able to persuade these lawmakers and other Democratic dignitaries to reconsider their loyalties to Clinton.

continued

:pop41:

It'd be nice to be able to point to the Democrat dumpster fire and laugh if we didn't have a bigger, catastrophic dumpster fire of our own.  **nononono*

Bill Cipher

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 02:14:24 pm »
Gawd.  A Trump Sanders election in the fall.  I think I'll start planning my expatriation. 

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 03:10:21 pm »
Gawd.  A Trump Sanders election in the fall.  I think I'll start planning my expatriation.

No Way.   I want a ringside seat for this potetial Bungle in the Jungle.

Walking through forests of palm tree apartments ---
scoff at the monkeys who live in their dark tents
down by the waterhole --- drunk every Friday ---
eating their nuts --- saving their raisins for Sunday.

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 09:57:05 pm »
:pop41:

It'd be nice to be able to point to the Democrat dumpster fire and laugh if we didn't have a bigger, catastrophic dumpster fire of our own.  **nononono*

Careful what you wish for...

Bernie is far more popular than Hillary against Trump.  And she's beating Trump by double digits.