Author Topic: Senator Ted Cruz Joins Glenn Beck Passing Out Freebies To Illegal Border Crossers…  (Read 1237 times)

Offline flowers

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/03/27/senator-ted-cruz-joins-glenn-beck-passing-out-freebies-to-illegal-border-crossers/#more-114344

The headline reflects the moment my previous support for Ted Cruz (2011/2012), which evolved to concern about Senator Ted Cruz (2013/2014), turned to admitting Ted Cruz was a phony. He had been in office for 18 months – I had sent him campaign contributions.

The date was Saturday, July 19th, 2014 – I remember it vividly because I noted in my journal “last straw in providing Cruz any benefit of doubt – done“.

Offline NavyCanDo

Better to punch the kids, or just trip them?  I don't see how being nice to kids says anything about one's position on immigration.  The leftist accusations of hate were flying, as usual.  So Ted Cruz and others were merely showing that the cries of "hate" were unfounded.  To me that increases my respect for him.

First this an old story, so the title should be joined not joins. Second it was a humatarian venture, that churches are also involved with. And if that involves saving the lives of children, who am I to condem them.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah.  No matter what side of the immigration issue a person is on, it is hard for me to understand removing support from a candidate because he gave teddy bears to needy kids.

But, they were from Mexico and Central America!  The nerve of the guy! 

:shrug:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:25:48 pm by Sanguine »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The source article doesn't know a thing about Mercury One. They were going there to help the children but made it clear this was in no way endorsing illegal immigration. The kids are dragged over, often by human traffickers. Absolutely nothing wrong with what they did. It was the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:34:49 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The source article doesn't know a thing about Mercury One. They were going there to help the children but made it clear this was in no way endorsing illegal immigration. The kids are dragged over, often by human traffickers. Absolutely nothing wrong with what they did. It was the right thing to do.

Yeah, this "Cruz is lying about not supporting amnesty because he gave teddy bears to children here illegally" meme is very popular at FR.  In fact, I think there were a couple of repeats of this story posted there again today.  It's like chumming the waters.  Very ugly.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yeah, this "Cruz is lying about not supporting amnesty because he gave teddy bears to children here illegally" meme is very popular at FR.  In fact, I think there were a couple of repeats of this story posted there again today.  It's like chumming the waters.  Very ugly.

If it were up to some FReepers, they would all be put in a Bataan type march back. (I actually saw that referenced in a serious way)

Offline NavyCanDo

If it were up to some FReepers, they would all be put in a Bataan type march back. (I actually saw that referenced in a serious way)

I asked this question to my Trump supporting neighbor - Do you really want the Feds to bust down doors and drag kids out like the scene we all remember of little Elián González?    The answer I got back was "absolutely".

We need to end the illegal immigration problem, both at the border and the larger problem of over staying VISAs. But do it smartly, humanely, and compassionately especially when families are involved.   I have been watching what Mercury One has been doing not only at the border but also at the scenes of U.S. disasters, and God Bless them for it.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn