Author Topic: Policemen (SWEDISH): We are defenceless against terrorists  (Read 229 times)

rangerrebew

Policemen (SWEDISH): We are defenceless against terrorists
« on: March 26, 2016, 03:10:15 pm »
Policemen: We are defenceless against terrorists

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.2641/policemen-we-are-defenceless-against-terrorists.html

Policemen: We are defenceless against terrorists
"Like being sent out hunting lions with a peashooter and a jumpsuit made of zebra meat." This is how a policeman describes the feeling when police are sent out to patrol areas identified as potential terror targets in Sweden - without adequate weapons. Now several sound the alarm because their equipment is not good enough against terrorists.

After the terrorist attacks in Paris, the threat level was raised by the Security Police in Sweden, from three to four on a five-point scale. In connection with this, patrol cars were sent to streets to monitor targets and areas where terrorists could strike.

But now several police officers around the country warn that they lack both protection and weapons to protect themselves against a possible mass shooting or a terrorist attack, according to Swedish Television.

"We are sent out without adequate weaponry because we only have a 9 mm service pistol. We also learn that there may not be enough enhanced body armor and ballistic helmets. It feels like being sent out hunting lions with a peashooter and a jumpsuit made of zebra meat.," writes policeman Christian in an incident report.

In the report, Christian refers to a statement by Roger Alvefuhr, who was National Police weaponry chief until 2010. To Aftonbladet, Alvefuhr says that he shares the police concerns about their armament:

- It's very bad way. I feel sorry for my former colleagues. (...) In all honesty, they are absolutely defenceless.

"It's not fun for me or my family to read," writes Christian.

"To be sent on such missions without training and proper equipment does not feel safe, it creates a tremendous feeling of insecurity being faced with a scenario where you encounter perpetrators, which in principle would mean a death sentence in case we cannot flee," writes policeman Johan.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:11:35 pm by rangerrebew »