Author Topic: Franklin Graham Asks FIERY Question About Islam… Follows Up with Chilling Answer  (Read 2130 times)

Offline musiclady

It's not a religion, Bill.  Nor is it a race, nor any of the other things that we like to pride ourselves on thinking that we have gotten past being bigoted about.

Islam is a theocratic political ideology.  It dictates even the tiniest aspects of life such as diet, how to wash, how to relate to others, the form of government, etc.  It discourages even a tiniest bit of independent thought or social progress.  It is antithetical to a republican form of government, indeed any form of government other than sharia.  It is an ideology that dictates that the follower, in order to be a true muslim, must participate in the subjugation of anyone who is not an adult muslim male. It dicates that those who are not muslim are inferior to muslims. It encourages and even demands violence against innocents. 

Now, does that mean we should act as they do and actively participate in genocide and subjugation?  No. Of course not.  Luckily our belief systems do not demand that of us.

Excellent, well stated response!  Brava!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
For the life of me I  cannot understand the infatuation some here feel for a qroup of people who's only goal in life is to eliminate every infidel from the face of the Earth! Just can't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's not a religion, Bill.  Nor is it a race, nor any of the other things that we like to pride ourselves on thinking that we have gotten past being bigoted about.

Islam is a theocratic political ideology.  It dictates even the tiniest aspects of life such as diet, how to wash, how to relate to others, the form of government, etc.  It discourages even a tiniest bit of independent thought or social progress.  It is antithetical to a republican form of government, indeed any form of government other than sharia.  It is an ideology that dictates that the follower, in order to be a true muslim, must participate in the subjugation of anyone who is not an adult muslim male. It dicates that those who are not muslim are inferior to muslims. It encourages and even demands violence against innocents. 

Now, does that mean we should act as they do and actively participate in genocide and subjugation?  No. Of course not.  Luckily our belief systems do not demand that of us.

Very well said and every word true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

A question asked... and then answered by the same person is no question at all.

HonestJohn

You know... you can say the same things about Jewish halakha laws.  That Islam has a set of religious laws is not the issue.

It's that a small, but exceptionally violent subset of their faith is waging war on all peoples, from us, to the Chinese, to their own fellow Muslims.  By lumping all Muslims together, one makes it far more difficult to find those we do need to eliminate.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:35:57 am by HonestJohn »

A-Lert

Franklin Graham should be ashamed of himself.  His father would never take out after Islam like this, just as his father would never embrace the most idiotic notions about gay people (gay people choose to be gay).

He's not even worth standing in the shadow of Billy Graham.  He's a parody.

Graham hit the nail on the head. No baby is born that hates. It is indoctrinated. Islam is a cult of hatred and death. There is a reason that 1.6+ billion Muslims don't denounce the actions of the murdering Muslim radicals.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You know... you can say the same things about Jewish halakha laws.  That Islam has a set of religious laws is not the issue.

It's that a small, but exceptionally violent subset of their faith is waging war on all peoples, from us, to the Chinese, to their own fellow Muslims.  By lumping all Muslims together, one makes it far more difficult to find those we do need to eliminate.

A small minority of Jews have laws that are more all-encompassing than the norm.   Judaism itself does not prevent living under a secular government.

"That Islam has a set of religious laws is not the issue."  Not sure what point you are making.  Could you say it another way?

HonestJohn

To say that the problem with Islam is that it has a set of religious laws governing normal life is false.  I pointed out that Judaism has the same thing, yet no one is saying that Judaism is a threat.  For having a set of religious laws is not the issue.

The problem right now is an extremely violent sect within Islam that is waging war with the entire world.  They attack and kill other Muslims, westerners, Chinese, Indians, *EVERYONE* that they possibly can.

And the more we lay the blame on Islam, the harder it becomes to fight those we need to destroy.  For we lose those that have the best knowledge of the territory from which they operate... and those that know the peoples and cultures in which they hide.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
To say that the problem with Islam is that it has a set of religious laws governing normal life is false.  I pointed out that Judaism has the same thing, yet no one is saying that Judaism is a threat.  For having a set of religious laws is not the issue.

The problem right now is an extremely violent sect within Islam that is waging war with the entire world.  They attack and kill other Muslims, westerners, Chinese, Indians, *EVERYONE* that they possibly can.

And the more we lay the blame on Islam, the harder it becomes to fight those we need to destroy.  For we lose those that have the best knowledge of the territory from which they operate... and those that know the peoples and cultures in which they hide.

John, that's simply not true.  Have you read the quran?  The hadith?

HonestJohn

John, that's simply not true.  Have you read the quran?  The hadith?

Have you read the Old Testament?

---

I'd point out that the majority of Muslims don't live in the Middle East.  Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world.  They aren't maniacs out to convert or kill all non-believers.  Malaysia is another.  India has a huge Muslim population, but they aren't blowing themselves up  (now the Pakistani infiltrators... on the other hand).

Even Turkey, despite Erdogan, is still a very normal country with normal people in it.  Muslim people.

Tunisia is yet another example.

All this just points out that Islam is not the problem.  A nutbag sect that's metastasized in Syria/Iraq is the problem.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:52:59 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Have you read the Old Testament?

---

I'd point out that the majority of Muslims don't live in the Middle East.  Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world.  They aren't maniacs out to convert or kill all non-believers.  Malaysia is another.  India has a huge Muslim population, but they aren't blowing themselves up  (now the Pakistani infiltrators... on the other hand).

Even Turkey, despite Erdogan, is still a very normal country with normal people in it.  Muslim people.

Tunisia is yet another example.

All this just points out that Islam is not the problem.  A nutbag sect that's metastasized in Syria/Iraq is the problem.

I have.  I read the Bible regularly. 

All of the countries you name above have problems with areas where the muslim population intersects with non-muslims.  I believe it was Churchill who called it "islam's bloody borders".  And he did so many years ago in fact.

HonestJohn

I have.  I read the Bible regularly. 

All of the countries you name above have problems with areas where the muslim population intersects with non-muslims.  I believe it was Churchill who called it "islam's bloody borders".  And he did so many years ago in fact.

Um, no... they don't.

Tunisia has no borders with non-Muslim countries and is overwhelmingly Muslim.  And yet, they are still tolerant of foreigners and is the only country in North Africa to have a Jewish population.  One that is accorded the same rights as their Islamic population.  There isn't any organized attempt to drive them out or to discriminate against them.

And Turkey's bloody borders are with Syria and Iraq, not with Greece or Russia.

Indonesia and Malaysia aren't warmongering and their borders are peaceful.  Neither Indonesia nor Malaysia is waging jihad against non-Muslims.  Indonesia tends to welcome drunken tourists from Australia.  They occasionally suffer from imported Middle Eastern terror attacks, just like Europe... and would welcome help against it.  (Turkey would as well.)

Heck, our best ally in the Middle East are the Kurds, another Islamic people.  They've been the only effective force in the region fighting against ISIS.  And they are very tolerant to others, saving the Yazidis from genocide by the hands of ISIS (not an exaggeration, either).

Trump would condemn hundreds of millions of Muslims in these countries, saying they are just the same as ISIS.  In essence, kill them all - they are all d@#ned anyway.

A-Lert

"
Trump would condemn hundreds of millions of Muslims in these countries, saying they are just the same as ISIS.  In essence, kill them all - they are all d@#ned anyway."

8bs8

http://deadline.com/2015/06/donald-trump-isis-bill-oreilly-jeb-bush-hillary-clinton-video-1201445840/

Donald Trump Reveals Plan To Defeat ISIS: