Author Topic: Obama On ISIS: ‘I’ve Got A Lot On My Plate’ … ‘They’re Not An Existential Threat’ [VIDEO]  (Read 511 times)

rangerrebew

Obama On ISIS: ‘I’ve Got A Lot On My Plate’ … ‘They’re Not An Existential Threat’ [VIDEO]

Posted By Christian Datoc On 1:13 PM 03/23/2016 In | No Comments

Speaking to reporters in Argentina Wednesday, President Obama downplayed the gravity of Tuesday’s terror attacks in Brussels by saying ISIS does not pose “an existential threat” to national security.

“I addressed this issue a little bit at the baseball game when I was interviewed by ESPN,” the president explained, “but let me reiterate.”

“Groups like ISIL can’t destroy us. They can’t defeat us,” he continued. “They can’t produce anything. They’re not an existential threat to us.”

Obama noted that Islamic extremists are “vicious killers and murderers who perverted one of the world’s great religions.”

[dcquiz] “Their primary power — in addition to killing innocent lives — is to strike fear in our societies,” he added. “It is very important for us to not respond with fear.”

Earlier in the press conference, Obama showed displeasure when an Associated Press reporter asked whether the Brussels attacks “changed anything.”

“I’ve got a lot of things on my plate,” he responded before assuring reporters his top priority is “to eliminate the scourge of this barbaric terrorism that’s been taking place around the world.”

WATCH:

Follow Datoc on Twitter and Facebook

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/23/obama-on-isis-ive-got-a-lot-on-my-plate-theyre-not-an-existential-threat-video/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Bill Cipher

The one person who can consistently make Jimmy Carter deliriously happy. 

Offline mountaineer

A lot on his plate, including the tango in Argentina.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Obama On ISIS:
‘They’re Not An Existential Threat’

Of course he doesn't regard them as an "existential threat" -- he supports their cause!