Author Topic: Cruz on Graham: 'I’ve never had an event hosted by someone who three weeks earlier publicly called for my murder'  (Read 576 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/ted-cruz-lindsey-graham-221155

Cruz on Graham: 'I’ve never had an event hosted by someone who three weeks earlier publicly called for my murder'

By Nick Gass

03/23/16 01:03 PM EDT

Ted Cruz, reflecting upon the array of Republicans uniting behind his campaign, joked Wednesday about the unusual history behind one of his recent endorsements.

"You know, I have to say, a couple of days ago my colleague Lindsey Graham hosted an event for me at AIPAC. And that really was a first for me," Cruz told a gathering of supporters in Manhattan, referring to a fundraiser the South Carolina senator hosted for him at a Washington, D.C., restaurant on Monday night.

"I’ve never had an event hosted by someone who three weeks earlier publicly called for my murder," Cruz continued. "But what we’re seeing is that old Reagan coalition is coming together.”

Never one to mince words, Graham joked weeks earlier that if Cruz were to be killed on the Senate floor and the Senate conducted the trial, no one would be convicted.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/ted-cruz-lindsey-graham-221155#ixzz43kwzpdKW

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Funnny how now the GOPe realizes that Cruz is their last hope!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Funnny how now the GOPe realizes that Cruz is their last hope!

He's not our last best hope, because Kasich is far more electable.   But I'd rather go down fighting for Goldwater, er, Cruz,  than have to put a bag over my head and vote for Clinton to stop a greater evil.   
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:52:47 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

Cruz is a funny guy. He drops these Shecky Greene lines every once and a while.

Offline libertybele

He's not our last best hope, because Kasich is far more electable.   But I'd rather go down fighting for Goldwater, er, Cruz,  than have to put a bag over my head and vote for Clinton to stop a greater evil.

Good grief Jazz ... for one, Kasich is hardly considered conservative and yes, he is somewhat the lesser of two evils between him and Hillary ... but that's not saying much nor is it likely he'd win the general.  He is not much different than McCain or Romney and they lost the past two elections.  We definitely can't afford to lose this election ... placing conservative justice is paramount in ensuring the survival of our Constitution.

Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

He is not much different than McCain or Romney and they lost the past two elections. 

Not true. At least the last two GOP nominees were talking about closing the borders to some degree and making Govt' smaller. Kasich is fully open borders and expanding Govt'. He sounds like Joe Biden when he ran almost issue for issue.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Now that's funny right there...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
GOP field is a clown show sad to say.

Can't stand Hillary or what's his face Bernie but at least they're acting like adults?

I blame the conservative idiot media: hannity, rush, et al. Idiots, all of them.