Author Topic: Trump backs off total Muslim ban  (Read 2725 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump backs off total Muslim ban
« on: March 22, 2016, 04:10:45 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/273857-trump-frankly-were-having-problems-with-the-muslims

March 22, 2016, 08:56 am

Trump: 'Frankly, we’re having problems with the Muslims’

By Mark Hensch and Jesse Byrnes

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Tuesday said Islam is the main source of global terrorism, in the aftermath of attacks in Brussels that left at least 34 dead and more than 100 wounded.

“Frankly, we’re having problems with the Muslims,” he told Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo.

“These attacks are not done by Swedish people. That I can tell you. We have to be smart. We have to look at the mosques and study what’s going on. There is a sick problem going on.”
Trump said the incident shows why the U.S. should be wary of Middle Easterners.

“I would be extremely careful about people from the Middle East coming into our country,” he said on “CBS This Morning." "We should be vigilant at our borders.”

When pressed for specifics, Trump said he would want "good documentation" from travelers.

Trump said on "CBS This Morning" that Brussels used to be one of the most "beautiful and safest" cities in the world. "Now it's a horror show. There's no assimilation."

Trump said his main focus is on better immigration surveillance, not a total shutdown.

"I didn't say shut it down," he said. "I said you have to be very careful. We have to be very, very strong and vigilant at the borders. We have to be tough.

"We have people who are coming into our country who are undocumented. We have no idea who they are or where they come from. They could be ISIS-related."

Trump indicated that he was weighing in on the Brussels attack without having consulted any advisers from his newly named list of foreign policy consultants.

"I have not spoken to them this morning. I will be speaking to them later on," Trump said.

"And I will tell you right now, what are they going to advise me? If they don't advise me to be very strong and very tough at the borders, then I'm probably not a big fan of that particular person," Trump said.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump backs off total Muslim ban
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 04:11:46 pm »
"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 04:16:58 pm »
"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

Donald's should stick to doing what he knows best....trying to sell products the nobody wants!!!   

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 04:20:34 pm »
Ann Coulter
‏@AnnCoulter

"My best birthday gift!  Donald Trump Calls For ‘Complete Shutdown’ of Muslim Entry to U.S. http://ti.me/1N96Ond "

Trump taking back his birthday present to his bony admirer.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:20:55 pm by sinkspur »

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 04:39:31 pm »
He's backed down on the border wall as well.  It's amazing that on issues that attracted supporters to him, he is now backing down; yet they still don't see him for the fraud and liberal Republican that he is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 04:51:30 pm »
He's backed down on the border wall as well.  It's amazing that on issues that attracted supporters to him, he is now backing down; yet they still don't see him for the fraud and liberal Republican that he is.

All Trump supporters want to hear is wall, no Mexicans, ban on Muslims.  Everything else he says sounds like the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons (wah wah wah)

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 04:56:48 pm »
“These attacks are not done by Swedish people. That I can tell you. We have to be smart. We have to look at the mosques and study what’s going on. There is a sick problem going on.”

We should be grateful to be alive in a day when the unparalleled eloquence of a statesman is outstripped only by the keenness of mind that so richly informs him.   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:38:07 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Bill Cipher

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 04:59:14 pm »

We should be grateful to be alive in a day when the unparalleled eloquence of a statesmen is outstripped only by the keenness of mind that so richly informs him.   

Well put!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 06:10:15 pm »
Why Swedish people?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 06:11:29 pm »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 06:39:43 pm »
Other than making Mexico pay for "The Wall"....   There is really very little difference between the positions on illegal immigration between the web pages of Trump and Cruz.  Trump's page doesn't even mention a ban on Muslims. He doesn't even use the word "Muslim" at all.     The  closest he comes is stating,  "We need to stop giving legal immigrant visas to people bent on causing us harm. From the 9/11 hijackers, to the Boston Bombers, and many others, our immigration system is being used to attack us."
Trump's "ban Muslims from entering the country"  is stump speech rhetoric. Red Meat tossed out to his fans. Not stated position.

Cruz however gives more specifics on his web page.
•Introduced two bills to protect Americans from an influx of refugees who could be a national security risk, including legislation barring refugees from terrorist-ridden regions and legislation to recognize governors’ authority to protect the citizens in their states by rejecting to resettle refugees in their state.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HonestJohn

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 09:02:01 pm »
Why Swedish people?

I was going to ask the same thing.  Trump thinks that people from Belgium are called Swedes?!?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 11:15:02 pm »
I was going to ask the same thing.  Trump thinks that people from Belgium are called Swedes?!?

I reread, I think he's basically using "swedesh people" like how freepers use "amish"?

That's my guess.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 11:25:34 pm »

And they're making excuses for why he's now changed his mind about the things that they said were most important to them.

I guess he knew how to rope them in, and was correct in assuming that he could now back off his commitments, or even shoot people and they would still follow him.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 11:26:30 pm »
And they're making excuses for why he's now changed his mind about the things that they said were most important to them.

I guess he knew how to rope them in, and was correct in assuming that he could now back off his commitments, or even shoot people and they would still follow him.

I believe Mohammed Ali called that rope-a-dope.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 11:27:23 pm »
Why Swedish people?

Cause we're all so CUTE!  888heartkitty

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 11:28:13 pm »
I believe Mohammed Ali called that rope-a-dope.

It accurately describes what's happened to a whole slew of loyal Trumpists.

HonestJohn

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 12:04:44 am »
Cause we're all so CUTE!  888heartkitty

And you know how to make Belgian chocolates!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 12:26:24 am »
And you know how to make Belgian chocolates!

Actually, I'm pretty good at making Swedish meatballs, Pepparkakor and Potates Korv.

Not so good with the chocolates................. other than eating them, that is.  ^-^

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 12:27:59 am »
Didn't we know that all he said he would either not be able to do, or he would change his position.  Guess what Trumpeters?  Trump has a new advisory team that might actually know what Trump is capable of doing and it isn't what you've been told by Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 01:33:46 am »
Didn't we know that all he said he would either not be able to do, or he would change his position.  Guess what Trumpeters?  Trump has a new advisory team that might actually know what Trump is capable of doing and it isn't what you've been told by Trump.

And the Trump followers said that those of us who knew what he was saying was impossible to carry out didn't care if the terrorists killed thousands of people.

Not one of their finest hours........   **nononono*

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 02:06:29 am »
And the Trump followers said that those of us who knew what he was saying was impossible to carry out didn't care if the terrorists killed thousands of people.

Not one of their finest hours........   **nononono*

True and I don't want to gloat.  I just want them to acknowledge the truth.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 02:39:01 am »
True and I don't want to gloat.  I just want them to acknowledge the truth.

Not expecting that.........

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 03:03:12 am »
The things Trump said a month ago don't matter.  I am just thankful that Trump is giving a voice to the disenfranchised voters.  He's the only one talking about issues like immigration and terrorism....

:pondering: Wow! I've heard that crap so much I can regurgitate by rote.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 03:09:01 am »
Not expecting that.........

Me either.