Author Topic: ‘This is a joke, right?’ Trump taps ‘model’ foreign policy adviser  (Read 1554 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Suppose no one should be at this point. And yet, here we are.

In case you missed the news, Donald Trump — despite calling himself his “primary consultant” on foreign policy — finally revealed his foreign policy team to the Washington Post. Here’s one of his picks:
    Papadopoulos, a 2009 graduate of DePaul University, directs an international energy center at the London Center of International Law Practice. He previously advised the presidential campaign of Ben Carson and worked as a research fellow at the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington. According to his LinkedIn profile, he has had meetings with the president of Cyprus and the prime minister of the United Arab Emirates. He obtained a masters’s degree from the University of London in 2010.

A biography on Carson’s website says Papadopoulos “designed the first ever project in Washington, D.C. think-tank history on U.S., Greece, Cyprus and Israel relations at a symposium entitled ‘Power Shifts in the Eastern Mediterranean: The Emerging Strategic Relationship of Israel, Greece and Cyprus.’”

…

Papadopoulos confirmed on Monday that he was an adviser to Trump but declined further comment.

So, no comment on this, then?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gpapadopoulos7

http://twitchy.com/2016/03/21/this-is-a-joke-right-trump-taps-model-foreign-policy-adviser/

Offline Frank Cannon

It makes sense that a candidate with a childlike knowledge of the world would have an actual child advising him.

Offline GAJohnnie

Yep surprise an “American 1st Team” rather then the usual collection of K Street lobbyists from the “Caucus for Perpetual War” of Bush family cronies.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:55:19 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Maybe he'll tap the Junior Woodchucks to be his military advisors?

Offline musiclady

Hey........ don't knock it.  I represented Sweden in my HS "Model United Nations" and I'm pretty smart.  :dx1:

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

Yep surprise an “American 1st Team” rather then the usual collection of K Street lobbyists from the “Caucus for Perpetual War” of Bush family cronies.

Johnnie, you must have missed this one.  Bob Livingston is the biggest K Street lobbyist there is:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/earmark-lobbyist-bob-livingston-endorses-donald-trump/article/2586409
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

Yeah no surprise.

Can't be bothered to try thinking must just response with the standard issue emotionally knee jerk reaction of the Hate Trump Always squad,.

Offline ABX

Actually, a K-Street lobbyist is exactly what Papadopoulos is. Joke aside regarding the 'model UN' on his resume, if you look at his overall resume, if he were appointed by anyone else you most likely would be bashing him as a K-street lobbyist and NWO proponent.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/gpapadopoulos7

At that, his longest employ was at the Hudson Institute, which, if you really are obsessed with all that NWO/TPP/NAU stuff, you'll find on all the usual suspect blogs and sites about it, list it as one of the biggest 'fronts' for it.

IE, he is exactly what you claim to be against.

Offline ABX

Arf arf arf, Oh isn't it cute all the little puppies in the pound racing around to lick up their master's daily doses of attack vomit.

I guess just to point out the irony of your own post just a minute before this one...

Yeah no surprise.

Can't be bothered to try thinking must just response with the standard issue emotionally knee jerk reaction of the Hate Trump Always squad,.

Yours so far is the only knew-jerk 'hate' posts on this thread that attack members instead of discussing the topic.

Wingnut

I did a seach on this George Papadopoulos fellow.

Seems he was Emmanual Lewis'  white dad on TV.   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:13:33 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I did a seach on this George Papadopoulos fellow.

Seems he was Emmanual Lewis'  white dad on TV.

Might explain why Trump chose him...

Offline GAJohnnie

Arf arf arf, "Must change nothing! Must continue the failed Foreign Policies of the last 30 years with the same collection of K Street Bush family cronies! NO challenges to the knee jerk thoughtless interventionist "Conservative" dogma allowed!"

Offline ABX

Arf arf arf, "Must change nothing! Must continue the failed Foreign Policies of the last 30 years with the same collection of K Street Bush family cronies! NO challenges to the knee jerk thoughtless interventionist "Conservative" dogma allowed!"

Are you mocking Trump because by bringing Papadopoulos on board, that's exactly what he is doing.

Unless you are OK with the NWO promoting Hudson Institute.

That may actually explain a lot come to think of it...

Offline GAJohnnie

Dogma, Dogma, above everything,
Above everything in the world,
when, for graft and cronyism,
it always stands brotherly together .
From the Pentagon to K Street,
From the Congress to the the White House,
Dogma Dogma above everything
Above everything in the world!
[/pre]

Offline musiclady

Arf arf arf, Oh isn't it cute all the little puppies in the pound racing around to lick up their master's daily doses of attack vomit.

What is this even supposed to mean??  More senseless, nasty, insulting spam from another 'innocent' Trump follower...

Johnnie, you seem to have lost your mind with all that hate you're carrying around for those who don't agree with you.

Let the hate go.  You'll live longer.  Let it go.........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Frank Cannon

Well I would rather go with the dogma than the ramblings of an idiot who couldn't even answer a question about splitting up Jerusalem at AIPAC. He is a first class ass and a full fledged moron. Who else would have as a policy advisor a child bragging about the mock UN he was involved in a couple years ago on his resume.

Wingnut

What is this even supposed to mean??  More senseless, nasty, insulting spam from another 'innocent' Trump follower...

Johnnie, you seem to have lost your mind with all that hate you're carrying around for those who don't agree with you.

Let the hate go.  You'll live longer.  Let it go.........

It's too late for him.  The  infection has reached terminal stage.  All critical reason has left the host body and has been replaced with the parasitic Trumpish organism.

Offline musiclady

It's too late for him.  The  infection has reached terminal stage.  All critical reason has left the host body and has been replaced with the parasitic Trumpish organism.

I'm afraid you're right, and it's sad.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste........

Offline ABX

I'm afraid you're right, and it's sad.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste........

I'm actually on the verge of calling some of these comments as a Poe.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law

Possibly trolling to make Trump supporters look bad through repeated, nonsense comments that either don't apply to the content being discussed, or in the case of this thread, actually damns Trump's point of view.

Of course, I could be falling for the reverse- Poe's Corollary: "It is impossible for an act of fundamentalism to be made that someone won't mistake for a parody."

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:17:34 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline GAJohnnie

How dare Trump questions the DC dogmas! Doesn't he know the DC dogmas of the Perfects are scared and must NEVER be questioned by any filthy tax paying peasant! How dare he look at results rather then just worship the purity of the DC dogmas!

Burn the heretic!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How dare Trump questions the DC dogmas! Doesn't he know the DC dogmas of the Perfects are scared and must NEVER be questioned by any filthy tax paying peasant! How dare he look at results rather then just worship the purity of the DC dogmas!

Burn the heretic!

I don't think hiring shills for NWO front groups is exactly questioning DC dogmas.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

I'm actually on the verge of calling some of these comments as a Poe.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe's_Law

Possibly trolling to make Trump supporters look bad through repeated, nonsense comments that either don't apply to the content being discussed, or in the case of this thread, actually damns Trump's point of view.
Of course, I could be falling for the reverse- Poe's Corollary: "It is impossible for an act of fundamentalism to be made that someone won't mistake for a parody."

You know, this is the first I've thought of this as a possibility.

Johnnie is definitely trolling, but it's quite possible that he IS doing so to make Trump supporters look ridiculous.

If that's what he's doing, he's being very successful, isn't he?

Of all the forums I've been on over the years, I have truly never seen this kind of utter nonsense before.  I haven't put him on ignore because what he's doing is fascinating ......... filled with hate, yet utter stupidity at the same time. 

Offline ABX

Burn the heretic!

The source subject of this thread- Trump just hired DC Dogma- a K-Street Lobbyist from the Hudson Institute.

Your guy's platitudes aren't matching what he is actually doing.