Author Topic: A new company combines action figures with dolls, and boys love them.  (Read 974 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
It's no secret that the way we use our emotions to empathize, solve problems, and relate to others is extremely important in terms of living a happy and successful life.

http://www.upworthy.com/a-new-company-combines-action-figures-with-dolls-and-boys-love-them?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+upworthy+%28Upworthy%29

This kind of garbage is why I am conservative. Trying to turn boys into girls. The left will never ever stop.

Bill Cipher

Re: A new company combines action figures with dolls, and boys love them.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 12:32:49 am »
http://www.upworthy.com/a-new-company-combines-action-figures-with-dolls-and-boys-love-them?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+upworthy+%28Upworthy%29

This kind of garbage is why I am conservative. Trying to turn boys into girls. The left will never ever stop.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Most boys will quite quickly turn them into typical boys' toys.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 12:45:59 am »

Trying to turn boys in to girls is exactly right. There is nothing wrong with boys emoting, but they still emote differently from girls.

To give an example, years ago I read the results of a study that in breakups, though women wail and cry the most about breakups, they get over them faster. It's the men who hurt deeper even if they don't express it in dramatic fashion.

I find these female 'psychotherapists' like the woman in this story to be high power bigots. Men aren't women, and just because you don't understand how boys emote doesn't mean you need to change them into girls.

Too many women feel and emote with no structure, discipline, or foundation, and often use their emotions to manipulate or even dominate. Just because you feel something doesn't make it real - you just might be a selfish narcissist not getting your way. That's why we have these things called facts and logic.

Emoting isn't the end-all-be-all of everything. Those who worship it in my book aren't to be trusted, because they often have a very ruthless, sociopathic agenda underneath all of it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 12:49:51 am »
Is it a Trump product?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 12:51:15 am »
People, people, people; let's not put more energy into this than it's worth (and honestly, it isn't worth that much).

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 12:57:42 am »
People, people, people; let's not put more energy into this than it's worth (and honestly, it isn't worth that much).

Sorry, but the psychotherapist mom's psychobabble got me going. I hate passive-aggressive in all it's forms. She wants boys to be girls, she just doesn't have the nipples to say it directly.
The Republic is lost.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 01:01:38 am »
Sorry, but the psychotherapist mom's psychobabble got me going. I hate passive-aggressive in all it's forms. She wants boys to be girls, she just doesn't have the nipples to say it directly.

And boys will never be, nor be made into, little girls.  All this nonsense was tried before, in the 1960s, and it didn't really work back then either.  My parents actually tried to make me and my brothers more new-agey by giving us dolls to play with.  My mother still recalls with some chagrin just exactly how quickly we either turned them into guns, or into targets.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 01:07:13 am »
I was a tomboy I didn't play with dolls.  I liked to go play war, throw mud balls.  Play soccer in a muddy field.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 01:23:35 am »
I was a tomboy I didn't play with dolls.  I liked to go play war, throw mud balls.  Play soccer in a muddy field.

That was probably the only down point to growing up in the 70's and 80's. Girls by and large were girly and accessorized, at least in my neck of the woods. Not a bad thing necessarily, but I always preferred women who could get a little dirt under their fingernails.
The Republic is lost.

HonestJohn

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 02:01:31 am »
I thought action figures *WERE* dolls.  And that the toy companies got around the stigma by developing and marketing that very term... "action figure".

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 02:02:32 am »
I thought action figures *WERE* dolls.  And that the toy companies got around the stigma by developing and marketing that very term... "action figure".

Good point!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 02:19:44 am »

They are little dolls.