Author Topic: Kasich says no to being a running mate on Republican ticket  (Read 389 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Kasich says no to being a running mate on Republican ticket
« on: March 20, 2016, 08:51:42 pm »
http://fox11online.com/news/election/kasich-says-no-to-being-a-running-mate-on-republican-ticket

WASHINGTON (AP) Republican presidential candidate John Kasich is taking himself out of the running for running mate.

In an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press," Kasich says that under no circumstances will he be rival Ted Cruz's running mate. Earlier in the week he ruled out joining a ticket with front-runner Donald Trump.

The Ohio governor says he's not going to be anybody's running mate and that he's running for president.

Kasich is a distant third in the three-candidate race for enough delegates to win the nomination at the Republican convention this summer. That has brought speculation that he could be either Trump's or Cruz's running mate in an effort to unify their supporters.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Kasich says no to being a running mate on Republican ticket
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 09:24:53 pm »
Who would want him?  I haven't heard anyone suggest that.  I like Fiorina for Cruz
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 09:31:27 pm »
Who would want him?  I haven't heard anyone suggest that.  I like Fiorina for Cruz

Me too.  That's my first choice for the ticket.  I don't think they could lose.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 01:44:31 am »
Chosen Daughter wrote:
"Who would want him?  I haven't heard anyone suggest that."

Agreed.
Certainly not Trump.
I can't see why Cruz would pick him, either -- unless he took a lot of incoming pressure from the GOPe to include Kasich in the hope that he'll deliver Ohio in November...