Author Topic: GOP nominee likely to be one of current candidates, RNC chairman says  (Read 284 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/273693-gop-nominee-likely-to-be-one-of-current-candidates-rnc

March 20, 2016, 11:24 am
GOP nominee likely to be one of current candidates, RNC chairman says

By Jessie Hellmann

It’s highly unlikely the GOP presidential nomination will go to someone who isn’t currently in the race, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said on Sunday.

“I can’t imagine right now, sitting here, believing it would be anyone but the three remaining candidates,” Priebus said on ABC's "This Week." “I think it would be highly unlikely if it’s not."

There’s been talk that a nominee could emerge at the Republican National Convention in July if none of the current candidates can win the number of delegates needed to secure the nomination.

Former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) made headlines last week when he said the current Speaker, Wisconsin Republican Paul Ryan, should be the nominee on the second ballot.

“If we don’t have a nominee who can win on the first ballot, I’m for none of the above,” Boehner said.

Ryan has repeatedly said he’s not interested in being president.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34