Author Topic: Toddler dies of meningitis because his parents refused to see a real doctor.  (Read 462 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
This is what happens when you trust unqualified quacks more than proven science practiced by real doctors. Now they'll spend the rest of their lives regretting the ignorant decision that killed their son. Very sad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/18/a-toddler-got-meningitis-his-anti-vac-parents-gave-him-an-herbal-remedy-the-toddler-died-now-his-parents-are-on-trial/

On March 5, the Canadian government opened its trial against David and Collet. The charge: failing to provide their 19-month-old son, Ezekiel, the necessaries of life. According to prosecutors, David and Collet stubbornly refused to take their sick son to see a doctor, instead giving him home remedies such as smoothies containing hot pepper, ginger root, horseradish, onion and apple cider vinegar. Even after warnings from a family friend who is a nurse, the anti-vaccine couple took him to a naturopath for echinacea — an herb believed to stimulate the immune system — instead of to a doctor for an exam.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I just shake my head at some of the crackpots I see on Facebook, worse, friends actually falling for some of this. Essential oils to cure whatever disease, chiropractic treatment for anything other than muscle and joint pain (one local one is pushing it as a cure for autism), etc. Then of course, there is the king and queen of pseudoscience kookery, Mercola and Food Babe.

Bill Cipher

Poor child.