Author Topic: Jerry Falwell, Jr. Has Taken to Mocking God to Support Donald Trump  (Read 1710 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Jerry Falwell, Jr. Has Taken to Mocking God to Support Donald Trump
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 05:53:27 pm »
Thank you for saying that, Weird.....

What we have actually seen is a religious fervor from Trump supporters (one today, compared him directly to Jesus Christ, right here on this forum).

It is faithfulness to Biblical principles that keeps some of us from supporting Trump, but the greater force in the anti-Trump movement is repulsion to his indecency, degrading of women, name-calling, violent rhetoric, and unbridled narcissistic ego.......... not to mention his total disregard of the Constitution.

He's not a decent human being, and he will not be a decent human being if elected.   It's not 'religion' that tells us that.  It's having our eyes open and being observant.

goopo
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 06:07:24 pm »
http://theresurgent.com/jerry-falwell-jr-has-taken-to-mocking-god-to-support-donald-trump/

How is this "mocking God????"  Falwell, Jr. may be wrong, but your title is so far over the top that it is absurd.

HonestJohn

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2016, 08:33:40 pm »
If you want to read the whole story, it's in the Old Testament book of 2 Samuel (that's Second Samuel, not Two Samuel), chapters 11 and 12. There are plenty of online Bibles. I recommend the NIV version, as it's accurate and readable (without the thees, thous and whatever thou wouldst doeths).  ^-^

To be honest, the most accurate version of the Old Testament will be the Tanakh.  It's based on the original documents as transcribed.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Bible/jpstoc.html

Anything calling the texts the 'Old Testament' has already changed them from their originals.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 08:51:50 pm »
To be honest, the most accurate version of the Old Testament will be the Tanakh.  It's based on the original documents as transcribed.

To be honest, the original documents are unknown and are unavailable for transcription...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

HonestJohn

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2016, 09:06:27 pm »
To be honest, the original documents are unknown and are unavailable for transcription...

The oldest existing documents found in archeological excavations have been compared to the Tanakh.  When those fragments are compared to the same sections in the Tanakh, it's a near perfect match.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2016, 09:11:44 pm »
http://theresurgent.com/jerry-falwell-jr-has-taken-to-mocking-god-to-support-donald-trump/

If Jerry Falwell, Jr. had not gone in the tank enough to support Donald Trump, he’s drown in Team Trump propaganda now and should be ashamed of himself. His latest defense of Donald Trump is to compare Trump to King David.

Why wouldn't Falwell Jr admire him? They are both professional carnies that make their living by  fleecing the sheep.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 09:14:16 pm »
And here is why they are losing. Yet another emotional, ignorant tirade without any connection to anything but the posters blind hatred for all things Trump.

You're just jealous of the people who think clearly.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 09:15:23 pm »
The oldest existing documents found in archeological excavations have been compared to the Tanakh.  When those fragments are compared to the same sections in the Tanakh, it's a near perfect match.
"These very slight discrepancies demonstrate the very careful transmission of the Masoretic text, but at the same time they also show that even with regard to the text of the Five Books of the Torah, there are some slight differences even today. Among the different printed editions that exist today there are a total of about 100 variants.[11] Obviously, the number of discrepancies in the Tanakh as a whole is greater than the number found in the Torah."

Never mind that 'oldest existing documents' are not a substitute for 'original documents'... the 'original documents' do not exist... to be honest...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 10:07:37 pm »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2016, 12:01:32 am »
Anything calling the texts the 'Old Testament' has already changed them from their originals.
Good grief. Do you have anything good to say about anything?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2016, 12:10:53 am »
2 Samuel 24:11-12

…11When David arose in the morning, the word of the LORD came to the prophet Gad, David's seer, saying, 12"Go and speak to David, 'Thus the LORD says, "I am offering you three things; choose for yourself one of them, which I will do to you."'" 13So Gad came to David and told him, and said to him, "Shall seven years of famine come to you in your land? Or will you flee three months before your foes while they pursue you? Or shall there be three days' pestilence in your land? Now consider and see what answer I shall return to Him who sent me."…

Sounds like bad news for us.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2016, 12:11:05 am »
I'm not especially religious, not a regular church-goer. My problem with Trump is that I value integrity, knowledge, and decency and I believe he is deficient in those areas.

Then you don't know him, haven't looked into what his business associates and acquaintances say about him.

You're responding to the caricature of Donald Trump put out there by his political enemies, which is a distorted view, to say the least.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2016, 12:22:20 am »
Then you don't know him, haven't looked into what his business associates and acquaintances say about him.

You're responding to the caricature of Donald Trump put out there by his political enemies, which is a distorted view, to say the least.

Yeah, repeatedly lying about things is something a person of integrity does.