Author Topic: Tom DeLay: Merrick Garland 'Couldn't Lick Scalia's Boots'  (Read 464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom DeLay: Merrick Garland 'Couldn't Lick Scalia's Boots'
« on: March 16, 2016, 10:30:08 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=719433

Newsmax
Tom DeLay: Merrick Garland 'Couldn't Lick Scalia's Boots'
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 03:45 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

Merrick Garland is not worth Senate hearings to be considered for the U.S. Supreme Court and is a substandard choice by President Barack Obama to replace the late Antonin Scalia, former House majority leader Tom DeLay tells Newsmax TV.

"He couldn't lick Scalia's boots and I hope that's what people, especially in the Senate, will reveal," DeLay said Wednesday on "The Steve Malzberg Show."

The guy's not a constitutionalist. I know all the lawyers in America are rallying around him because they're part of that sorority or fraternity, but he's not a constitutionalist. He's nowhere near."

Watch Newsmax TV on DirecTV Ch. 349, DISH Ch. 223 and Verizon FiOS Ch. 115. Get Newsmax TV on your cable system — Click Here Now

On Wednesday, the president tapped Garland, chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, defying the Senate's vow that the nomination is futile because it won't vote on him, or even meet with him. Instead, the Senate wants to wait until a new president is in office, hopefully a Republican.

"[Garland] is a guy that at the best you can call him a moderate…. We have a lawless Supreme Court right now. We have a lawless president," said DeLay, now a Washington Times radio host.

"It's laughable that a lawless president is making a nomination and telling us what's in the Constitution. This guy is not worth even having a hearing. He's not a constitutionalist."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Tom DeLay: Merrick Garland 'Couldn't Lick Scalia's Boots'
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 10:35:50 pm »
Couldn't agree more. This nominee is total garbage.

A-Lert

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:45:15 pm »
We'll see if the GOP has grown any spine at all.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 11:54:07 pm »
This nominee is Obama's agenda to trash our rights to bear arms.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/03/16/merrick-garland-supreme-court-obama-nominee/81529760/

Oh and I saw Napolitano on FOX this morning.  Saying that he is very Conservative.  Right.  Of course Napolitano is a friend of Merrick Garland.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:56:19 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 11:55:30 pm »
This nominee is Obama's agenda to trash our rights to bear arms.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/03/16/merrick-garland-supreme-court-obama-nominee/81529760/

Yep.

Garland is a gun-grabber in the mold of a John Kasich.  Kasich has yet to deny the legitimacy of this letter, fwiw, and it's been around for years.   :pondering:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:57:49 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 11:57:33 pm »
Yep.

Garland is a gun-grabber in the mold of a John Kasich.

Kasich knows he isn't going to get elected.  He's a spoiler at this point.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 02:24:02 am »
Tom DeLay:
Merrick Garland 'Couldn't Lick Scalia's Boots'

Gee, Tom, don't hold back.
Tell us what you -really- think!  ;)

(Ya did good, son!)