Author Topic: Florida Gov. Rick Scott Endorses Trump  (Read 1068 times)

HAPPY2BME

Florida Gov. Rick Scott Endorses Trump
« on: March 16, 2016, 09:41:02 pm »
Florida Gov. Rick Scott endorsed Donald Trump for president on Wednesday, telling Republicans that getting behind the GOP national front-runner is far better than spending "another four months tearing each other apart."

"I'm asking all Republicans today to come together and begin preparing to win the general election in November. With his victories yesterday, I believe it is now time for Republicans to accept and respect the will of the voters and coalesce behind Donald Trump," Scott said on his Facebook page.

"This has been a hard fought primary, with an outstanding roster of excellent candidates, including two of Florida's favorite sons, and several Republican Governors who are close friends of mine.

"But the voters are speaking clearly — they want a businessman outsider who will dramatically shake up the status quo in Washington."

Scott said that when he first ran for governor of the Sunshine State the political class and party leaders had opposed him "with great vigor."

"Some even said if I won the primary they would never vote for me. But the voters had other ideas, and they are the only ones who count," he said.

"Here's what really matters — we have to elect a Republican in the fall in order to grow jobs, rebuild our military, and put a person who respects the Constitution on the Supreme Court. This is the stuff that truly matters.

"If we spend another four months tearing each other apart, we will damage our ability to win in November. It's time for an end to the Republican on Republican violence. It's time for us to begin coming together, we've had a vigorous primary, now let's get serious about winning in November."

Scott's endorsement comes a day after Trump readily trounced Sen. Marco Rubio in the Florida primary.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/florida-rick-scott-endorses-trump/2016/03/16/id/719385/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:49:11 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

Re: Florida Gov. Rick Scott Endorses Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:41:38 pm »
Man that's gotta bite big time.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:06:23 pm »
Another good endorsement!   :patriot:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

A-Lert

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 10:32:38 pm »
Another prospective VP.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 10:34:21 pm »
This endorsement is a good one for Trump and I see some similarities in the two.  There has been some controversy surrounding Scott, but he is a twice-elected Republican governor in a pretty liberal state. He's reduced Florida's deficit and brought in some jobs.  The unemployment rate has gone down in some areas and he's been strong on the 2nd amendment.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 10:35:59 pm »

Scott comes up pretty low in terms of political courage, waiting until AFTER Trump wins his state.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 10:41:32 pm »
This endorsement is a good one for Trump and I see some similarities in the two.  There has been some controversy surrounding Scott, but he is a twice-elected Republican governor in a pretty liberal state. He's reduced Florida's deficit and brought in some jobs.  The unemployment rate has gone down in some areas and he's been strong on the 2nd amendment.

=================================

I'm thinking 'female' and 'brown skin.'

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 10:46:16 pm »
Scott comes up pretty low in terms of political courage, waiting until AFTER Trump wins his state.
That was my first thought.......he waited till after.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 10:47:51 pm »

A little late, but we'll take it.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 10:48:08 pm »
That was my first thought.......he waited till after.

===========================

He's also got inside information on how hard it is going to be to throw Trump out with a brokered convention.

A-Lert

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 10:54:06 pm »

Political expediency. He's a Republican governor in a state heavily populated by seniors and minorities. He was re-elected

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 01:16:39 am »
A little late, but we'll take it.   

Agree.  But I do like the way he phrased his endorsement:

"I'm asking all Republicans today to come together and begin preparing to win the general election in November. With his victories yesterday, I believe it is now time for Republicans to accept and respect the will of the voters and coalesce behind Donald Trump," Scott said on his Facebook page.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 01:24:11 am »

It ain't the will of the voters if he don't have a majority.  Why would I want to rally behind someone who hasn't even been picked as the nominee yet, and doesn't yet even have enough delegates to win the nomination if the convention were held today.

We know that Carson got bought off, I wonder what this guy's price was.  Trump is clearly showing the art of the deal - buying off endorsements.  And here I thought Trump was so special, so above the fray.  But nope, he's got feet of clay and corruption just like everyone else.