Author Topic: We choose the nominee, not the voters: Senior GOP official  (Read 455 times)

HAPPY2BME

We choose the nominee, not the voters: Senior GOP official
« on: March 16, 2016, 05:20:23 pm »
 Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

"The rules haven't kept up," Haugland said. "The rules are still designed to have a political party choose its nominee at a convention. That's just the way it is. I can't help it. Don't hate me because I love the rules."

Haugland said he sent a letter to each campaign alerting them to a rule change he's proposing, which would allow any candidate who earns at least one delegate during the nominating process to submit his or her name to be nominated at this summer's convention.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/16/we-choose-the-nominee-not-the-voters-senior-gop-official.html

Offline mrclose

We choose the nominee, not the voters: Senior GOP official
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:47:47 pm »

Instead of everyone having to sit through almost 5 minutes of the video on the linked page .. I found the 'pertinent' (and shorter) part of the conversation on youtube to post.

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYiRIJ2vGtE

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/16/we-choose-the-nominee-not-the-voters-senior-gop-official.html
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Longiron

Re: We choose the nominee, not the voters: Senior GOP official
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:01:41 pm »
The UNIPARTY members on here should be FINE with that. **nononono*

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 09:04:34 pm »
If they don't let Trump be the nominee I will vote 3rd party if he does that. I am sick and tired of them. I didn't make up my mind until this morning. Scr2w the NWO ruling elite.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 09:47:11 pm »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 09:51:05 pm »
If they don't let Trump be the nominee I will vote 3rd party if he does that. I am sick and tired of them. I didn't make up my mind until this morning. Scr2w the NWO ruling elite.

=============================

You'll be hearing from Bill Kristol on this.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 10:18:13 pm »
=============================

You'll be hearing from Bill Kristol on this.
:laugh:  He won't go 3rd.....he will vote Hillary.  :laugh: