Author Topic: John Kasich Plots to Snatch Nomination at Contested Convention  (Read 580 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/15/john-kasich-plots-to-steal-nomination-at-contested-convention/

by Patrick Howley15 Mar 20162,632
Gov. John Kasich’s campaign is plotting to snatch the Republican nomination at a contested convention in Cleveland in August.

Kasich campaign chief strategist John Weaver blasted out a strategy memo during Kasich’s Ohio victory speech that made clear that Kasich will seek to win the nomination at a contested convention. “No candidate will win 1237 delegates,” Weaver said in the memo.

Ohio governor Kasich defeated Donald Trump in the Ohio primary Tuesday night, with Kasich grabbing 43.4 percent of the vote to Trump’s 36.5 percent, with 28 percent of the precincts reporting.

“This is all I got,” Kasich said in his Ohio victory speech. “We are going to go all the way to Cleveland and secure the Republican nomination.”

But Donald Trump’s campaign scoffed at Kasich.

Eric Trump

‎@EricTrump

Mathematically it is statistically impossible for Kasich to get to 1237 - he would need 112% of the remaining delegates to be the nominee!
9:34 AM - 15 Mar 2016

“With a narrowing field, Gov. Kasich is the candidate best positioned to go toe-to-toe in the remaining states,” Weaver said in his memo. “Our internal data shows that Rubio voters break to Gov. Kasich by a 3:1 margin. Senator Rubio will have to decide about the future of his campaign, but we believe voters in the remaining states will see this as a 3-person race no matter what,” Weaver continued.

“With the electoral map shifting significantly in our favor, Gov. Kasich is positioned to accumulate a large share of the almost 1,000 remaining delegates and enter Cleveland in strong position to become the nominee,” Weaver said.

On the topic of a contested convention, Kasich said in the Fox News Republican debate in Detroit that “We are already there.”

Breitbart News spoke to Kasich surrogate John Sununu Jr., of the New Hampshire Sununu dynasty, in the Spin Room after that debate about the possibility of a brokered convention for Kasich.

Sununu told Breitbart News that Kasich will gain delegates in the northern states, hold Trump to less than a majority share of delegates, and then win at a contested convention in Cleveland.

Pledged delegates can become un-pledged after the first ballot. It is possible that the Establishment could coalesce around Kasich, rather than Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), to hand the nomination to if Trump fails to make it to a majority.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: John Kasich Plots to Snatch Nomination at Contested Convention
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 03:03:18 pm »
Kasich/Rubio 2016.    That's the ELECTABLE conservative ticket.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »
Illegals would like it, anyway.  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Millee

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 03:09:09 pm »
If the establishment chooses our ticket, it will be President Hillbitchy. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 03:09:24 pm »
 :silly:

Next stop fantasyland...enjoy your day.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 03:09:55 pm »
Illegals would like it, anyway.  :thud:

And, the rest of the Left.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 03:11:57 pm »
Just a little free advice:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 03:12:06 pm »
If the establishment chooses our ticket, it will be President Hillbitchy.
Or may as well be. Maybe Boehner would like a Clinton/Ryan ticket after all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Carling

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 03:27:47 pm »

Yes Gun-grabber Kasich and Gamg of Eight Rubio are sure to win!

Absolutely delusional posting.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 03:32:15 pm »

A little inside politics here. Remember the first two debates? How nasty Kasich got? Well, John Kasich's newly acquired persona, "I'm a healer and uniter" spiel, is just that, an act.

When he was in Congress people who knew him said Kasich could walk into a room full of friends and walk out with a room full of enemies. He was that irascible.

This 'Mr. nice guy' is just a routine he picked up from his campaign consultants because he came off so cranky in the early debates.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 03:35:17 pm »
Don't worry. Trump has promised us riots if this happens.  What was it his supporters were saying last week about the Sanders/BLM crowd using the threat of violence to shut down a Trump rally?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 03:42:37 pm »

Do you prescribe that attitude, in your practice ?? Mind/body connection.

During my mid-30s I took up long distance running. I became obsessed, and before my 2nd year of running was completed, I developed a stress fracture. I continued to run in severe pain, I was so obsessed.

When I couldn't stand it I went to a sports podiatrist, who obviously told me to cease running for 6 weeks. Cycling and swimming were okay. Overall It took about 10 weeks, before I could run again.

That process was very hard mentally, because the obsession remained present.

Decades later, my body began signaling it wasn't happy with running. Just chronic pain. I decided to alternate days of running, cycling. Not much better.

Eventually I tried dropping running entirely for awhile. That has extended several years. I cycle and walk. I am older. My body couldn't take the running.

Since I couldn't change my body, I had to adjust my thinking, my mind. For me the Serenity Prayer works.

Being obsessed over Trump can reach mental illness crisis levels. Give it up. Be happy.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 03:56:57 pm »

Running is great for the cardiopulmonary system, but darn hard on the musculoskeletal system. Very few people have the physical wherewithal to keep running over 15-20 years. Most drop out, or are forced to modify, or switch to walking.

I'm at that point in my life too. I ran every day three or 4 miles. I gave it up last year for walking. Too many knee, hip and back issues cropped up.

You gotta adapt if you want to avoid irreparable, chronic musculoskeletal problems going into older age.

I try to offer the best, soundest advice to patients while offering strategies for alternative activities. Some people are just obsessed and continue running despite my counsel.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 03:57:30 pm »
Really need the “Conservative” media to stop pretending they have a magic crystal ball and know what will happen in the remaining primaries and in Nov.

This habit they have of stating their emotion based opinions as if they were fact is irrational.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 04:00:17 pm »
Oh so he's the one that wants to put the stake through the heart of the Republican Party?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 04:00:24 pm »
Don't worry. Trump has promised us riots if this happens.  What was it his supporters were saying last week about the Sanders/BLM crowd using the threat of violence to shut down a Trump rally?
Complete falsehood. Said no such thing.

Trump
“I think we’ll win before getting to the convention. And if we’re 20 votes short or if we’re 100 short and we’re at 1,100 and somebody else is at 500 or 400 … I don’t think you can say that we don’t get it automatically,” he told CNN.

“I think you’d have riots,” he added. “I’m representing … many, many millions of people, in many cases first-time voters.

“I wouldn’t lead it, but I think bad things would happen,” the tycoon noted.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 04:26:05 pm »

I try to offer the best, soundest advice to patients while offering strategies for alternative activities. Some people are just obsessed and continue running despite my counsel.

What I wrote seemed to be about exercise, but it was really about obsessions. Over the years I learned it was most wise, to take back control of my mind, lest my obsessions control me.

True, whether about running, anger or politics. "Who owns this blob in my head, anyway? Me or external forces."

Hence the Serenity Prayer is a powerful concept. Learn it and use it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 04:26:42 pm »
Complete falsehood. Said no such thing.

Trump
“I think we’ll win before getting to the convention. And if we’re 20 votes short or if we’re 100 short and we’re at 1,100 and somebody else is at 500 or 400 … I don’t think you can say that we don’t get it automatically,” he told CNN.

“I think you’d have riots,” he added. “I’m representing … many, many millions of people, in many cases first-time voters.

“I wouldn’t lead it, but I think bad things would happen,” the tycoon noted.

Misrepresentations (lies) about Trump are stock-in-trade for a half dozen or so folks here (none of those present here now, of course).

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 04:36:04 pm »

What?  Rubio dropped out and Kasich is 504 delegate BEHIND Trump.  How in the heck do you even fathom that as being fair?  In my books, Kasich would be stealing the nomination. It wasn't earned; it was given by his cronies in Washington and certainly NOT by the votes of the people! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline raml

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 04:44:01 pm »
John Kasich will never be president he is a complete failure and has only won one state and I doubt will ever win another. He can't win a general election no one would show up to vote for a pirate who stole the nomination from the one who people endorsed. We the people should be picking candidates not the stuck up elite who need a good swift kick in the pants for being so despicable.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:44:33 pm by raml »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2016, 04:49:52 pm »

:amen:  Argh!  thanks A/C, I needed that! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.