Author Topic: Inflatable sumo suits 'traumatize' college kids. 'Reparations' cry for UC Davis party game  (Read 536 times)

rangerrebew

Inflatable sumo suits 'traumatize' college kids
'Reparations' cry for UC Davis party game
Published: 11 hours ago

A recent event featuring inflatable sumo-wrestler suits at the University of California-Davis left “traumatized” students complaining about so-called “structural racism.”

The Associated Students of the University of California-Davis, or ASUCD, issued a round of apologies after the suits were provided for a block party on Feb. 19, the education watchdog Campus Reform reported Tuesday.

Snap! Find out how and why the Obama Left is driving millions of Americans over the cliff into depression, family breakdown, violence, mental illness and addiction – and how to stop it! – in David Kupelian’s blockbuster “The Snapping of the American Mind.”

“We’d like to apologize for any harm the ‘Sumo Suit’ may have caused you all. This lapse in judgment is completely ASUCD’s fault and responsibility alone,” ASUCD Executive Office wrote on its events page Feb. 28. “We are thankful to the student who courageously brought this issue to our attention. We appreciated their honesty and that they took the time to include the history of the Japanese sumo wrestlers (rikishi) and that this activity could be seen as a racially insensitive to Japanese culture. This was an egregious oversight and it will hopefully not happen in the future.”

A student named Phil Jones responded by saying “reparations” payments were in order.

“February 19th was Remembrance Day for Japanese internment during WWII, and some of my Japanese friends were heavily traumatized by seeing their culture mocked in such a clearly racist fashion, said Jones. “I don’t appreciate the blatant fat-shaming involved with caricaturing one of the few sports traditionally enjoyed by Heavy individuals. I honestly feel reparations payments are in order to affected individuals.”

Anger over the event was still boiling over as of March 11, when Ph.D. student Scott Tsuchitani linked the rubberized toys to structural racism.

See what American education has become, in “Crimes of the Educators: How Utopians Are Using Government Schools to Destroy America’s Children.”

“My overall impression is that this conversation is in itself an expression of white supremacist anti-Asian structural racism. If people are genuinely concerned with the needs of Asian Americans, then why are Asian American voices not front and center in this conversation?” Tsuchitani told the California Aggie. “Instead, Asian Americans are treated as mute, hapless victims, devoid of agency, a.k.a. the ‘model minority’ stereotype.”

Campus Reform’s readers took to Facebook with a singular message for the UC Davis students on Tuesday: Get over it.

“These kids have to grow up,” said Scott Allen. “Here’s a question for you: How many people would want to hire anybody these individuals?”

“You kids better toughen up. You get out of school, which mom and dad are probably paying for, and you’ll find life is hard. Get a grip!” added Pegi Brookey.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/inflatable-sumo-suits-traumatize-college-kids/#qTdOY1C9DrWKtgCO.99

rangerrebew

Why have a little fun when you can drive yourself to lunacy looking for racism and PC in everything? :tongue2:

Bill Cipher

Gawd. No wonder we have Trumpettes and Sanderites. 

Online mountaineer

Oh, I thought they were traumatized by the suits making people look fat, cuz we all know "fatism" is just another form of racism.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org