Author Topic: Actress Martha Plimpton Shouts Her Abortion with ‘Abortion Dress’  (Read 980 times)

Offline Paladin

Just giving everyone an additional reason not to watch ABC's latest piece of offal “The Real O’Neals".

"Actress Martha Plimpton, who plays the mother Eileen O’Neal on ABC’s “The Real O’Neals,” recently wore an “abortion dress” to promote her views on abortion, according to the Independent Journal.

The shift dress features the word abortion repeatedly with hearts in between. It is part of a social media campaign called #ShoutYourAbortion, which began in 2015 and encourages women – including Plimpton - to share “positive stories about their abortion experience.”

The dress is sold on the website Paom, which stands for Print All Over Me and is “an online platform for real world collaboration and creation,” according to the website.

The dress is the brainchild of Amelia Bonow and is sold for $85.

“I've always wanted a shift dress that says ABORTION! #ShoutYourAbortion #Abortion #Feminism #Women #Prochoice” the product description said.

Plimpton told ABC News last year that she had “two abortions as a young woman,” which “made it possible for me to live out my dreams and do what I really wanted to do with my life.”

Yes, she got to live out her dreams. Her two dead babies, unfortunately, did not.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/melanie-hunter/actress-martha-plimpton-shouts-her-abortion-abortion-dress
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:17:25 am by Paladin »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Actress Martha Plimpton Shouts Her Abortion with ‘Abortion Dress’
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:47:14 am »
I thought Trumpies were ok with abortion? Since the Donald praises Planned Parenthood and all.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:07:41 am »
Oh, Come ON!

Hobbit dude, not every last little thing on this damned forum has to be Trump.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 11:14:45 am »
No comment from Baby Plimpton #1 nor Baby Plimpton #2.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 11:20:00 am »
I can't help wondering how much of that is simply rebellion for her parents naming her a conservative name like Martha. (A last name like Plimpton probably doesn't help.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024