Author Topic: Rubio vows to stay in even if he loses Florida  (Read 381 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio vows to stay in even if he loses Florida
« on: March 15, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/marco-rubio-stay-in-race-after-florida-220787?lo=ap_a1

Rubio vows to stay in even if he loses Florida

By Nick Gass

03/15/16 03:21 PM EDT

Even if he loses in his home state of Florida on Tuesday, Sen. Marco Rubio said he will continue on the campaign trail.

“Tomorrow, our plan is to be in Utah campaigning irrespective of tonight," Rubio told Orlando sports talk station WDBO on Tuesday. "It would be a lot better to go to Utah being the winner of the Florida primary. It would give us a tremendous amount of momentum. It would give us 99 delegates, and that’s the way we want to do it tonight.”

Rubio dismissed polls showing him down by double digits to Donald Trump as "crazy," "out of control" and "way out of whack."

"I can't guarantee a win today. I'm telling you I expect to win tonight, but we are not 20 points behind. I mean, that's absurd," he said. "And I think we're going to prove that here in the next few hours."

Rubio's campaign announced his schedule for this week on Saturday, which includes campaign stops in Utah and finance events in California.

BuzzFeed News first posted audio from the interview.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Rubio vows to stay in even if he loses Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 08:29:52 pm »
What is the definition of insanity?

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:51:43 pm »
Who is funding this loser at this point?

Gee, wonder why he's staying in the race.  Polling must show Trump gains a lot of votes if Boy Wonder drops out after getting humiliated in Florida today.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 08:58:51 pm »
Wow.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 10:51:13 pm »
It is funny. I could have sworn the title and article says Rubio.

Off topic posts removed.

Thank you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:05:13 pm »
Can anyone say he is being paid (by whom I have my guesses) to stay in for a convention?  If he loses FL and stays in, it just goes to show what a complete slime ball he truly is.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 11:10:51 pm »
What is the definition of insanity?
Rubio said: "I must stay in. I owe a debt to Operation Sea Island, and to the billionaires, political operatives and fundraisers there.

They have promised me that in the long run, it will pay off. I need that, for I have nothing else but politics, a mortgage, and a pretty face."

sarcasm off 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 11:12:09 pm »
Running isn't cheap and he didn't have all that much cash on hand last time the numbers came out, so he can't be planning on coasting on his fundraising reserves.

So yeah - someone is paying him to stay in. Who, I have no idea - for all I know it could be Tony Montana.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 11:20:16 pm »
"Pay" is long term. Comes in many forms. Forgiven loans. Grossed up real estate sales. Securities gains.

Jobs for wives, other family. Consulting. Legal work. Etc. Etc.

He's a lawyer. Municipal bonds need lawyers, and out of work political hacks often get in on that action.

Governments all over the place constantly replace bonds. Accountants/CPAs, rating agencies, etc.

It isn't called a Revolving Door" for nothing. Or DC Cartel if you will. Rubio could find hisself on boards, of Sea Island Corps, for instance.

Remember, while out of elective office, Kasich knocked down about $1 million per year.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 12:18:54 am »
He may be politically tone deaf, but he sure can dance!