Author Topic: Trump's name left off some ballots in Florida  (Read 725 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump's name left off some ballots in Florida
« on: March 15, 2016, 08:06:44 pm »
Tweet sent out by Trump an hour ago:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

A lot of complaints from people saying my name is not on the ballot in various places in Florida? Hope this is false.

Possible cause?

Dan McLaughlin ‏@baseballcrank  11m11 minutes ago
Dan McLaughlin Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Your name's not on their ballots because they are not registered Republicans. This is a surprise?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump's name left off some ballots in Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 08:13:25 pm »
I posted a lot of tweets and info on this in the live thread.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,198766.0.html

It looks like a combination of people trolling Trump and confused democrats who don't understand a closed primary.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:16:33 pm »
I posted a lot of tweets and info on this in the live thread.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,198766.0.html

It looks like a combination of people trolling Trump and confused democrats who don't understand a closed primary.

Should not be surprising to find confused democrats in Florida or anywhere.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 08:22:22 pm »
It would be nice if sinkspur would actually post factual threads.

Unless this is a Democrat ballot, of course.

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 08:24:21 pm »
It would be nice if sinkspur would actually post factual threads.

Unless this is a Democrat ballot, of course.

I posted on the live thread about that. Not only is that a sample ballot, not a real one, it appears to have been manipulated. (manipulation below Santorum's name is obvious if you invert it and adjust the curves to make the color differences stand out).  That's what I was referring to when I said above it looks like Trump is being trolled.

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 09:01:11 pm »
Goodness gracious!  How ever on earth do you suppose that could happen? :odrama:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 09:15:09 pm »
Reports: Trump Left Off Some Florida Ballots; “Dozens of Complaints”

Kristinn Taylor Mar 15th, 2016 11:28 am 505 Comments

Leading Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s name was left off Florida primary ballots according to reports relayed by Fox News’ Jennifer Eckhart on Twitter who said the local Fox affiliate has received “dozens of complaints.”

Eckhart wrote the irregularities are in “Jupiter County” which does not exist. She probably meant the town of Jupiter or Palm Beach County where Jupiter is located. Palm Beach County is where Trump’s Florida base Mar-a-Lago is located.

Jennifer Eckhart ‎@JenniferEckhart
    Hearing reports from friends in my home state of Florida that @realDonaldTrump is left OFF of voting ballots at various polling stations
    6:08 AM - 15 Mar 2016

@realDonaldTrump Up to 15 people now have called me to complain that Trump is left off their voting ballot in Florida @DonaldJTrumpJr
    6:23 AM - 15 Mar 2016

Matt Lonergan ‎@samuraiEighty
    @JenniferEckhart @realDonaldTrump so what did they do / say about it? Just leave or vote for somebody else?
    Follow
    .@samuraiEighty returned ballot said they were given the "wrong one"...called local Fox affiliate - they've received dozens of complaints
    7:21 AM - 15 Mar 2016

If you're a registered voter in Florida and you've received a ballot w/ @realDonaldTrump OFF the ballot - contact me. @FoxNews on the story.
    8:04 AM - 15 Mar 2016

@realDonaldTrump New reports of registered Republicans in Jupiter County being given Independent ballots causing even more voter confusion
    8:58 AM - 15 Mar 2016

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/reports-trump-left-off-some-florida-ballots/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:26:37 pm »
Florida is a closed primary State.  Almost half of those registered have already voted in the early voting segments.  Have seen mostly Rubio ads and anti-Trump ads.  No Cruz ads.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 09:35:14 pm »
There isn't a dirty trick thought of that the dems and GOPers won't use.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 09:40:06 pm »
I've heard from Floridians who definitely saw Trump on their ballots. I'm betting Abaraxas' comment about the closed primary is closest to the truth.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 09:43:47 pm »
I voted.  Trumps name IS on the ballot.  For further clarification:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/florida-election-officials-trumps-left-off-ballot-37669373

I have to chuckle on this one. If a Trump supporter didn't change their party affiliation from IND to REP or DEM to REP they will not be able to vote.  If they are first time voters and didn't register they cannot vote.  Sorry folks, this shows the lack of intelligence of some of the Trump voters.  Information was mailed out quite awhile ago as to the deadline to register.   :silly:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:53:13 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 09:49:01 pm »
So Kristinn at Gateway Pundit is pushing the 'not on ballot' conspiracy theory based on a reporter asking a question then going into his typical tinfoil that if it is asked, it must be true. Anyone who knows Kristinn will get a chuckle out of that. Gateway Pundit is where old internet ranters go to fade away. I think it is just him and Jim Hoft now and it as become a laughing stock of the right mostly pushing tinfoil stuff. If it is loony, they'll push it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 09:57:55 pm »
So Kristinn at Gateway Pundit is pushing the 'not on ballot' conspiracy theory based on a reporter asking a question then going into his typical tinfoil that if it is asked, it must be true. Anyone who knows Kristinn will get a chuckle out of that. Gateway Pundit is where old internet ranters go to fade away. I think it is just him and Jim Hoft now and it as become a laughing stock of the right mostly pushing tinfoil stuff. If it is loony, they'll push it.

Exactly. Tayor and Hoft have a huge track record of posting lies that are inflammatory just to rile up few readers they have.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 11:57:29 pm »
Given his background, I find it hard to take Taylor seriously.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org