Author Topic: Survey: Troops favor Trump and Sanders  (Read 739 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Survey: Troops favor Trump and Sanders
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:51:07 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/273032-survey-troops-favor-trump-and-sanders

By Kristina Wong - 03/15/16 10:34 AM EDT

Troops favor Donald Trump and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) as the next commander in chief, according to a new survey by Military Times.

Trump took first place, with 27 percent of troops surveyed in a poll of 931 active-duty troops, reservists and members of the National Guard. 

Sanders came in a close second at 22 percent, according to the poll published Tuesday. Meanwhile, Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton received a little more than 11 percent support.

The results, while unscientific, offer a snapshot of military voting preferences, the Times said in a report. About 64 percent of respondents identified as enlisted personnel, and 36 percent identified as officers. The survey was conducted March 9-14.

Support for Trump comes despite a backlash from retired military leaders blasting the business mogul for calling for torture of terrorists and other practices that go against the Geneva Conventions.

Several dozen respondents did, however, call Trump dangerous for the military and the country in a comments section, and three said they'd leave the service if he becomes commander in chief.

Meanwhile, Sanders has been attacked by critics for having weak foreign policy credentials, especially compared to Clinton.

However, Sanders won a big veteran endorsement from one of two female combat veterans in the House, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), last month. And the Vermont senator sits on and has also chaired the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee.

Sanders has repeatedly voiced his vote against the Iraq War in 2002 as evidence of solid judgment, while attacking Clinton for her support for the war.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations and Intelligence committees who has made national security a centerpiece of his campaign, was second to last in the poll, after Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R). Rubio garnered only 9 percent support.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) came in with 17 percent support. 

About a third of respondents did not affiliate with either Republican or Democratic parties. Sanders ranked more popular among that group.

Among officers, Trump led but by a much smaller margin — 21 percent. Cruz came in second with 18 percent, Sanders at 16 percent and Clinton at 15 percent.

Retired Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis, who is revered among troops, received one write-in vote, despite last summer batting down any speculation he would be interested in running.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Survey: Troops favor Trump and Sanders
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »
These troops must be planning on mutiny and are preparing to overthrow the government and replace it with fascism.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:03:40 pm »
So 51% or the majority prefer somebody else besides Trump and Sanders.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:09:32 pm »
As I suspected:

"The results — based on responses from 931 active-duty troops, reservists and members of the National Guard — do not offer a scientific status of military voting preferences. "

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/election/2016/03/14/military-times-election-survey-donald-trump-bernie-sanders/81767560/

Why on earth are people falling for these worthless polls?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 06:14:29 pm »
As I suspected:

"The results — based on responses from 931 active-duty troops, reservists and members of the National Guard — do not offer a scientific status of military voting preferences. "

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/election/2016/03/14/military-times-election-survey-donald-trump-bernie-sanders/81767560/

Why on earth are people falling for these worthless polls?

Because the real, scientific and legitimate polls predict Trump is going to be curb stomped by either Hillary or Sanders in a General Election.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 06:35:42 pm »
Got it. Polls that do not validate your emotional opinions=BAD

Polls that validate your emotions "real and scientific"

No, ALL polling is filtered thru the assumptions and biases of the pollster. Anyone thinking polling is reality is remarkably foolish. Polling is nothing more then a guess.

Which is why you have "polling" showing Clinton 20 points ahead of Sanders the day of the MI primary.

She lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 06:38:20 pm »
how did the 'troops favor Ron Paul' surveys work out?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:13:28 pm »
Got it. Polls that do not validate your emotional opinions=BAD

Polls that validate your emotions "real and scientific"

No, ALL polling is filtered thru the assumptions and biases of the pollster. Anyone thinking polling is reality is remarkably foolish. Polling is nothing more then a guess.

Which is why you have "polling" showing Clinton 20 points ahead of Sanders the day of the MI primary.

She lost.

Why don't you knock off your unending b.s. Johnnie?  There is one group of members of this forum who are guided by emotion:  You and your pals.

I want you to make a cogent, rational case why ANY conservative should vote for Donald Trump.  Provide details on his policy proscriptions and track record.  This is a conservative website that presumably espouses conservative principles.   What conservative principles does Donald Trump espouse?   Why would any conservative believe that a lifelong NYC Democrat would suddenly morph into an advocate of smaller, Constitutional Government.   

I don't expect you will, because you can't.  We get it, the GOPe has pissed you off and you are hellbent on burning the Party down.   Your baby emotions have blinded you to the fact that you are likely handing the keys of government, and the future of our kids and grandkids, to a Marxist or a Criminal.   

If you can't or won't provide a rationale on a conservative website for actively - obnoxiously - supporting a lifelong NYC liberal con-artist and big government crony then at least lose the attitude.   Just go with the fact you're a vandal and arsonist whose only agenda is retribution.

So, what is the conservative case for Donald Trump?  How will he politically achieve ANY of the sweeping policies he's promised?   I'll check back but I expect nothing of substance.   Because there IS nothing of substance to this campaign.

Offline Carling

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 09:17:12 pm »
Why don't you knock off your unending b.s. Johnnie?  There is one group of members of this forum who are guided by emotion:  You and your pals.

I want you to make a cogent, rational case why ANY conservative should vote for Donald Trump.  Provide details on his policy proscriptions and track record.  This is a conservative website that presumably espouses conservative principles.   What conservative principles does Donald Trump espouse?   Why would any conservative believe that a lifelong NYC Democrat would suddenly morph into an advocate of smaller, Constitutional Government.   

I don't expect you will, because you can't.  We get it, the GOPe has pissed you off and you are hellbent on burning the Party down.   Your baby emotions have blinded you to the fact that you are likely handing the keys of government, and the future of our kids and grandkids, to a Marxist or a Criminal.   

If you can't or won't provide a rationale on a conservative website for actively - obnoxiously - supporting a lifelong NYC liberal con-artist and big government crony then at least lose the attitude.   Just go with the fact you're a vandal and arsonist whose only agenda is retribution.

So, what is the conservative case for Donald Trump?  How will he politically achieve ANY of the sweeping policies he's promised?   I'll check back but I expect nothing of substance.   Because there IS nothing of substance to this campaign.

None of this emotional rant addresses GAJohnnie's post about polling accuracy.

Do you feel better now?  Were you crying as you wrote your passionate screed?   :silly:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:35:31 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 09:18:52 pm »
Hey Arne, would you please tell me why I should support Kasich, who in 1994 voted YES on the Assault Weapon Ban?

Is gun-grabbing now a conservative position?  Did I miss that memo?

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 09:32:04 pm »
I see that this article shows that 73% of all military surveyed do not want Trump.  78% do not want Sanders.

Pretty high percentages against both.

Offline Carling

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 09:36:40 pm »
I see that this article shows that 73% of all military surveyed do not want Trump.  78% do not want Sanders.

Pretty high percentages against both.

Using that logic the two GOProg candidates come in last place with a combined percentage less than Trump, which means the military members must REALLY hate them.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:38:19 pm by Carling »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 10:13:33 pm »
Using that logic the two GOProg candidates come in last place with a combined percentage less than Trump, which means the military members must REALLY hate them.

But Carling, were you being emotional when you were deducting that little piece of logic you just stated?

:huh?:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!