Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827094 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #23000 on: October 13, 2022, 06:58:42 pm »

Online DB

« Reply #23001 on: October 13, 2022, 06:59:45 pm »
Ok, and now imagine where not voting the 'Lessor' would have gotten us.

It would have gotten a Republican party that answers to its voters. Instead they know they have your vote as long as they are less evil than the other party - the only result being more evil either way.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23002 on: October 13, 2022, 07:03:27 pm »
It would have gotten a Republican party that answers to its voters. Instead they know they have your vote as long as they are less evil than the other party - the only result being more evil either way.

Really?  Or would it simply have guaranteed DNC hegemony?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23003 on: October 13, 2022, 07:21:28 pm »

@240B We have been voting the 'Lessor' since Reagan left.  Where has it got us? 
    IMHO, the record speaks for itself.
Voting for the lessor is the definition of being an adult. We do it all the time everyday. Do I bounce a check or do I starve my children? Neither is a 'good' choice. That is a significant part of life in the big city. Waiting for the magic eightball to declare 'ALL SIGNS POINT TO YES' may happen eventually. In the meantime decisions still have to be made.

I don't like my job. I don't want to go to work. However, it is the lessor of two outcomes both of which SUCK. If you decide NOT to go to work (because you hate it), then you cannot be surprised by how that decision ends up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #23004 on: October 13, 2022, 07:48:19 pm »

:thumbsup:

If we quit accepting/funding the BS the GOP puts forward each year the sooner we can/will work to actually advance Conservative candidates and try to turn this thing around.
   If McCarthy and McConnell are the answer what was the fcing question again?   :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23005 on: October 13, 2022, 07:57:17 pm »

@240B We have been voting the 'Lessor' since Reagan left.  Where has it got us? 
    IMHO, the record speaks for itself.
The slow road to evil has the same destination as the fast track.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23006 on: October 13, 2022, 07:58:31 pm »
Ok, and now imagine where not voting the 'Lessor' would have gotten us.
Right here, 25 years earlier, without all the problems of old age and a generation of snowflakes in the mix.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23007 on: October 13, 2022, 07:58:38 pm »
   If McCarthy and McConnell are the answer what was the fcing question again?   :shrug:
The question is, do you want to get fired and let your children starve, or do you have the balls to play the cards you are dealt.
Thinking you can change the deal by just wishing, or in this case folding every hand, is a sure way to lose every time.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

« Reply #23008 on: October 13, 2022, 08:21:18 pm »
Voting for the lessor is the definition of being an adult. We do it all the time everyday. Do I bounce a check or do I starve my children? Neither is a 'good' choice. That is a significant part of life in the big city. Waiting for the magic eightball to declare 'ALL SIGNS POINT TO YES' may happen eventually. In the meantime decisions still have to be made.

I don't like my job. I don't want to go to work. However, it is the lessor of two outcomes both of which SUCK. If you decide NOT to go to work (because you hate it), then you cannot be surprised by how that decision ends up.

Being an adult is learning from the past.

Online corbe

« Reply #23009 on: October 13, 2022, 08:31:26 pm »
The slow road to evil has the same destination as the fast track.

Another excellent point @Smokin Joe

Had Conservatives did like I DO we never would have gotten Reagan after Goldwater. 

I have become such a cynic in my old age.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23010 on: October 13, 2022, 08:32:41 pm »
The question is, do you want to get fired and let your children starve, or do you have the balls to play the cards you are dealt.
Thinking you can change the deal by just wishing, or in this case folding every hand, is a sure way to lose every time.
It's the frog cooking analogy writ large. Turn the heat up slowly, the frog gets lethargic and stays in the pot and cooks. Turn it up fast, the frog jumps out.

Well, collectively, we're the frog. The heat has been turned up slowly with lesser evils, and people adapt to new levels of incremental loss of their liberties.
Whole generations have no idea of the freedom they've lost.
If, say, in 1970, the current governmental edicts had been tried, they'd have been thrown out--hard.

Instead we have COVID lockdowns and drag queen story hour and universities firing people for using the wrong pronouns--crap that NEVER would have been tolerated by a society that lived with a greater level of freedom. Crap is being proposed that would have made Josef Mengele proud, mutilating children, and parental rights are at a new low...  Would America have tolerated this in the 70s? 80s? 90s? Every decade of slow moving evil has brought us here, when a faster, harder, turn that way might have brought us back on track.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23011 on: October 13, 2022, 08:37:33 pm »

Being an adult is learning from the past.
The past you are 'learning' from is not your past. If everyone thought and did like you, we would all be unarmed and in Democrat run gulags by now. You can only judge the past by how the 'adults' have shaped it. You cannot know what you have been saved from by the voting adults.

Biden is 'your' outcome and is a great example of what your past would be like or much worse, if everyone behaved like you. Folding every hand because you do not like the cards means you lose every time. You have to play in order to win. It is the only way to change the outcome. I have seen hundreds of 2/3 hands turn into a full house. You never know if you refuse to play.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23012 on: October 13, 2022, 09:08:03 pm »
Voting for the lessor is the definition of being an adult.

No it is not. As an adult, I demand excellence, and will seldom settle for less.
I don't buy cheap chinesium crap that is designed toward planned obsolescence.

I choose things that will last, and can be repaired and used sommore.

Try to sell me less than excellence and I will walk away every time. And if more people did so, it would not be so hard to find.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23013 on: October 13, 2022, 09:12:01 pm »
The past you are 'learning' from is not your past. If everyone thought and did like you, we would all be unarmed and in Democrat run gulags by now.

That's hilarious... As I am the one walking free, while the cities crumble into the very thing you describe. You will live with it. You will compromise.

I will not.

And if it were to become unbearable here, I would be here no more. I will die free.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23014 on: October 13, 2022, 09:21:23 pm »
The past you are 'learning' from is not your past. If everyone thought and did like you, we would all be unarmed and in Democrat run gulags by now. You can only judge the past by how the 'adults' have shaped it. You cannot know what you have been saved from by the voting adults.

Biden is 'your' outcome and is a great example of what your past would be like or much worse, if everyone behaved like you. Folding every hand because you do not like the cards means you lose every time. You have to play in order to win. It is the only way to change the outcome. I have seen hundreds of 2/3 hands turn into a full house. You never know if you refuse to play.

:amen: Government of the people, by the people, and for the people only happens when THE PEOPLE play! And that includes the WHOLE game not just voting in elections!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23015 on: October 13, 2022, 09:32:48 pm »

That's hilarious... As I am the one walking free, while the cities crumble into the very thing you describe. You will live with it. You will compromise.

I will not.

And if it were to become unbearable here, I would be here no more. I will die free.
OK, you say that as if I care. Everyone should follow their conscience, including me. This macho cry of, I WILL DIE FREE! is not realistic. As Democrats gain more and more National power, no one will be safe or exempt no matter how far up in the mountains you live. If you are dreaming of dying like a Rambo in a firefight with Federal Agents, then your dream is closer than you think, but for the voting adults at least postponing it for a while.

I assume you are declaring yourself 'free' from inflation, free from ever rising taxes, free from devaluation of the dollar, free from dilution of America with the invasion of millions of foreign illegals, and the threat of nuclear war, all based on an imbecile who was voted in by 'principled' nonparticipants who "stood by their convictions". All of that is OK with me. 'Freedom' is a personal perception. If you feel 'free', then I envy you. But for most Americans, your personal definition of freedom does not apply to them.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23016 on: October 13, 2022, 09:42:24 pm »
OK, you say that as if I care. Everyone should follow their conscience, including me. This macho cry of, I WILL DIE FREE! is not realistic. As Democrats gain more and more National power, no one will be safe or exempt no matter how far up in the mountains you live. If you are dreaming of dying like a Rambo in a firefight with Federal Agents, then your dream is closer than you think, but for the voting adults at least postponing it for a while.

I assume you are declaring yourself 'free' from inflation, free from ever rising taxes, free from devaluation of the dollar, free from dilution of America with the invasion of millions of foreign illegals, and the threat of nuclear war, all based on an imbecile who was voted in by 'principled' nonparticipants who "stood by their convictions". All of that is OK with me. 'Freedom' is a personal perception. If you feel 'free', then I envy you. But for most Americans, your personal definition of freedom does not apply to them.

When ANYONE has a prior claim to the fruits of your labor you are not free! You may be able to move about at will and live where you please, but you are not free if anything other than yourself can confiscate what you have labored for.

Please see the United States of America since 1913!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 09:46:24 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23017 on: October 13, 2022, 09:46:33 pm »
OK, you say that as if I care. Everyone should follow their conscience, including me. This macho cry of, I WILL DIE FREE! is not realistic. As Democrats gain more and more National power, no one will be safe or exempt no matter how far up in the mountains you live.

Wanna bet?

If you are dreaming of dying like a Rambo in a firefight with Federal Agents, then your dream is closer than you think, but for the voting adults at least postponing it for a while.

Nah - Nothing like that. If the Lord puts that on me, then that is what I will do... But that is not my intent.

I assume you are declaring yourself 'free' from inflation, free from ever rising taxes, free from devaluation of the dollar, free from dilution of America with the invasion of millions of foreign illegals, and the threat of nuclear war,

Largely, yes. I am likely more free of it than anyone you know - I made the conscious decision to return to the land. To subsistence. Since most of my food and heat come from the land, and most of my hard parts are made or bought used, I am as armored as possible against this predatory economy.

[...]
all based on an imbecile who was voted in by 'principled' nonparticipants who "stood by their convictions".

You continue to insist that I buy your product - which I am every bit as opposed to as the other. Remember... YOUR team left this burgeoning, overbearing government in place, primed and ready for the liberals to use against you... And you want me to vote for that.

Simply, NO. Caveat emptor. I will continue to demand excellence out of political manufacturers - Including yours. If you want my vote, like my money, make a better product.

Your product sucks. End of story.

All of that is OK with me. 'Freedom' is a personal perception. If you feel 'free', then I envy you. But for most Americans, your personal definition of freedom does not apply to them. [/size]

Continue to compromise. history attests it is the road to freedom. /sarc.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 09:47:22 pm by roamer_1 »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23018 on: October 13, 2022, 09:54:11 pm »

Instead we have COVID lockdowns and drag queen story hour and universities firing people for using the wrong pronouns--crap that NEVER would have been tolerated by a society that lived with a greater level of freedom. Crap is being proposed that would have made Josef Mengele proud, mutilating children, and parental rights are at a new low...  Would America have tolerated this in the 70s? 80s? 90s? Every decade of slow moving evil has brought us here, when a faster, harder, turn that way might have brought us back on track.
All of this, ALL OF IT, are from totalitarian Democrats. Republicans oppose all of this. All of this is from people ignoring reality and responsibility and then claiming the superior high-ground for ducking out and hiding. Running from the vote and doing nothing ensures the frog will stay in the water forever.

If all of America would participate, then all of these freaks and clowns would never have been in office. Republicans are not perfect, but not voting 'at all' because the way this or that Republican votes is rationalization. It is a cop-out.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #23019 on: October 13, 2022, 09:55:39 pm »
All of this, ALL OF IT, are from totalitarian Democrats. Republicans oppose all of this. All of this is from people ignoring reality and responsibility and then claiming the superior high-ground for ducking out and hiding. Running from the vote and doing nothing ensures the frog will stay in the water forever.

If all of America would participate, then all of these freaks and clowns would never have been in office. Republicans are not perfect, but not voting 'at all' because the way this or that Republican votes is rationalization. It is a cop-out.
:yowsa:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23020 on: October 13, 2022, 09:59:26 pm »
Republicans oppose all of this.

No, they did not.

Make a better product and maybe folks would buy it.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23021 on: October 13, 2022, 10:04:07 pm »
@roamer_1
1. You are describing an extreme lifestyle which applies to very few Americans.
2. You are implying that you never need to buy anything, and you do not need money. (i doubt it)
3. You are saying up front that you view your own personal situation to be more important to you than anything else. What happens to America in general is irrelevant to you. This is not a very good definition of an involved responsible "American Citizen". Essentially you have found a hole to hide in (so you believe) and screw everything else.

Again, I DO NOT CARE! All I am doing is pointing out that evasion and dodging NEVER makes anything better. I don't give a damn who you vote for, or even if you vote at all. But you have to 'own' what you are doing.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:05:02 pm by 240B »

Online DB

« Reply #23022 on: October 13, 2022, 10:13:15 pm »

What a load of BS. The Republicans did nothing about spending, lock downs, masks or mandates. Only a few courageous governors bucked the system, that's it. Republicans wouldn't even vote to neuter Obamacare or actually build a wall on the border when they had total control of government. They did essentially nothing. They too spent our future handing out money we didn't have to their own special interests. It was more big government only with a different flavor of priorities.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23023 on: October 13, 2022, 10:19:45 pm »
@roamer_1
1. You are describing an extreme lifestyle which applies to very few Americans.

More than you might think. I am doing little more than what normal rural America does. Pretty much any farm wife can feed her family from her own stores for years. Is mountain life a bit worse than that - well yeah. But I am all gimped up and doing OK.

2. You are implying that you never need to buy anything, and you do not need money. (i doubt it)

My actual need is under a thousand a month. I can get by on 6 or 7 hundred. Not that that's poor, either. I eat good, and live reasonably, if frugally.

3. You are saying up front that you view your own personal situation to be more important to you than anything else. What happens to America in general is irrelevant to you. This is not a very good definition of an involved responsible "American Citizen". Essentially you have found a hole to hide in (so you believe) and screw everything else.

That is not what I have said, nor done. You want me to buy your crappy product. I will not. If you want me to buy it, build a better product... One that ensures my freedom, not compromising it. Then I'll come around and kick the tires.

Don't give me your 'for the children' nonsense to shame me into buying your crap.

Again, I DO NOT CARE! All I am doing is pointing out that evasion and dodging NEVER makes anything better. I don't give a damn who you vote for, or even if you vote at all. But you have to 'own' what you are doing.

I own it every day. When you offer excellence instead of compromise, THEN I will buy. Just like any other thing.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:21:00 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23024 on: October 13, 2022, 10:20:37 pm »
What a load of BS. The Republicans did nothing about spending, lock downs, masks or mandates. Only a few courageous governors bucked the system, that's it. Republicans wouldn't even vote to neuter Obamacare or actually build a wall on the border when they had total control of government. They did essentially nothing. They too spent our future handing out money we didn't have to their own special interests. It was more big government only with a different flavor of priorities.
:yowsa: THIS!  pointing-up

C S Lewis