Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827127 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #21875 on: September 05, 2022, 09:02:38 pm »
Muh free stuff
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21876 on: September 05, 2022, 09:07:10 pm »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21877 on: September 05, 2022, 09:46:29 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21878 on: September 05, 2022, 11:57:33 pm »

@240B

Sadly,he is right,and that is a comment about not only jeans,but the lifestyles and opinions of far too many Americans.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21879 on: September 06, 2022, 12:38:53 am »
Hugh Bramlett
@HughBramlett

What in the psych referral do we have here?

7:51 PM · Sep 4, 2022   Twitter Web App

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #21880 on: September 06, 2022, 01:30:01 am »

Thank God someone with a high profile has told the truth about how stupid some American consumers are. I've never seen the mud jeans, but the ripped, worn-out look is so annoying to look at. I can't help wonder how far the person wearing those jeans is willing to go to make their point. Do they buy tattered 2nd-hand couches and chairs? Do they rip up the upholstery in their vehicle? Maybe they shred their draperies. Towels. Bedspread. :shrug: If you can't make your statement in the other parts of your life, maybe it's best you stop looking like a fool and get yourself some decent jeans. You can even find some at the 2nd hand store without holes.

Sorry for the rant, y'all, but there are people who would absolutely love to be able to have nice things and truly can't afford them. Traipsing around in "poor man's clothes" is almost like making fun of them -- in a passive-aggressive sort of way.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21881 on: September 06, 2022, 01:44:17 am »
Thank God someone with a high profile has told the truth about how stupid some American consumers are. I've never seen the mud jeans, but the ripped, worn-out look is so annoying to look at. I can't help wonder how far the person wearing those jeans is willing to go to make their point. Do they buy tattered 2nd-hand couches and chairs? Do they rip up the upholstery in their vehicle? Maybe they shred their draperies. Towels. Bedspread. :shrug: If you can't make your statement in the other parts of your life, maybe it's best you stop looking like a fool and get yourself some decent jeans. You can even find some at the 2nd hand store without holes.

Sorry for the rant, y'all, but there are people who would absolutely love to be able to have nice things and truly can't afford them. Traipsing around in "poor man's clothes" is almost like making fun of them -- in a passive-aggressive sort of way.

C'mon by darlin, and I'll show you the real thing. I like my clothes wore out. I like my boots wore out. I like my 40 year old calico colored truck. My last lazy boy was so covered with duct tape and such an embarrassment that my wife (ex now) threw it out and bought a new one... Which I threw out two days later.

If it is new and nice it ain't for me. Everything I have is comfortable  which means 'not new', on purpose.  :beer:

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #21882 on: September 06, 2022, 02:44:56 am »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #21883 on: September 06, 2022, 02:46:40 am »

Recommended

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21884 on: September 06, 2022, 02:58:01 am »

@AllThatJazzZ

The thing that upsets me is all the guys I see,all of them black,who run around with their pants pulled down halfway to their knees,showing their underwear. Saw one in a local Hardees a couple of days ago with skid marks in his underwear.

Who the HELL  came up with THAT brain fart as some sort of "coolness standard"?

What upsets me the most is I have to keep fighting the urge to tell them their mamas dress them funny,and ask them does retardation run in their families,or are they the only "tard".

I just can't afford to be getting in fights anymore. I am too old and crippled up to be playing those stupid games,and IF I were to get in a fight,I just can't afford to "play with them" anymore. So it is best to just try to avoid it,no matter how bored I am.

Getting old REALLY sucks!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:02:26 am by sneakypete »

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #21885 on: September 06, 2022, 02:59:10 am »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #21886 on: September 06, 2022, 03:00:52 am »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #21887 on: September 06, 2022, 03:02:54 am »

Recommended

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21888 on: September 06, 2022, 03:05:35 am »
Hugh Bramlett
@HughBramlett

What in the psych referral do we have here?

7:51 PM · Sep 4, 2022   Twitter Web App

@Right_in_Virginia

I THINK it is called the "Snowflake Syndrome".

That poor,afflicted creature even seems to be wearing one of those "medical watches" that monitor pretty much everything. The worse part is he SEEMS to be a young man,and if he is THAT paranoid about his health now,just imagine what a train wreck he is going to be when he passes 40.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:07:16 am by sneakypete »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #21889 on: September 06, 2022, 03:54:30 am »
C'mon by darlin, and I'll show you the real thing. I like my clothes wore out. I like my boots wore out. I like my 40 year old calico colored truck. My last lazy boy was so covered with duct tape and such an embarrassment that my wife (ex now) threw it out and bought a new one... Which I threw out two days later.

If it is new and nice it ain't for me. Everything I have is comfortable  which means 'not new', on purpose.  :beer:

@roamer_1

Whatever makes you happy. Everything I have is comfortable as well. Whether it's bought new or used or given to me by someone who's paring down, it's got to be comfortable or it doesn't belong in my closet. I do admit that it puzzles me that people literally choose tattered clothes to dress up for an outing. I'd wear those things for working in the yard. I keep a collection of scroungy clothes for exactly that. Maybe it's because I'm the descendant of dirt poor people who would love to have been able to invite guests to their house and live like "the rest of society." With no indoor plumbing and no money (and no government handouts), it just wasn't in the cards for them. Daddy only went through the 8th grade. He would have needed clothes and shoes to go to the school where 9th grade started. Guess who became a collector of shoes when he got out of Appalachia.  wink777 He'd shine those puppies up, keep the heels in good repair, and line them up neatly along the wall of his closet. Nothing was expensive. Everything was comfortable. He was a well-groomed man who was thankful to be out of the poverty of his youth. He was a blue-collar shift worker, and I couldn't be more proud of my daddy.  3333hugs

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #21890 on: September 06, 2022, 04:12:28 am »

We should be outsourcing our prisoners to Russia.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #21891 on: September 06, 2022, 06:17:38 am »

I recall seeing far cheaper jeans in the same fabric. I took one look, and shook my head. This is oil patch country, and our wives and girlfriends have spent countless hours getting the dirt out of our clothes, with our fondest thanks. Who in the hell would want to look like they just got off the rig when their clothes were clean?

They didn't sell very well in this neck of the woods.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #21892 on: September 06, 2022, 06:21:39 am »
@roamer_1

Whatever makes you happy. Everything I have is comfortable as well. Whether it's bought new or used or given to me by someone who's paring down, it's got to be comfortable or it doesn't belong in my closet. I do admit that it puzzles me that people literally choose tattered clothes to dress up for an outing. I'd wear those things for working in the yard. I keep a collection of scroungy clothes for exactly that. Maybe it's because I'm the descendant of dirt poor people who would love to have been able to invite guests to their house and live like "the rest of society." With no indoor plumbing and no money (and no government handouts), it just wasn't in the cards for them. Daddy only went through the 8th grade. He would have needed clothes and shoes to go to the school where 9th grade started. Guess who became a collector of shoes when he got out of Appalachia.  wink777 He'd shine those puppies up, keep the heels in good repair, and line them up neatly along the wall of his closet. Nothing was expensive. Everything was comfortable. He was a well-groomed man who was thankful to be out of the poverty of his youth. He was a blue-collar shift worker, and I couldn't be more proud of my daddy.  3333hugs
With good reason.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21893 on: September 06, 2022, 02:42:05 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

« Reply #21894 on: September 06, 2022, 03:31:29 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #21895 on: September 06, 2022, 03:32:33 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #21896 on: September 06, 2022, 03:34:52 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #21897 on: September 06, 2022, 03:37:33 pm »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21898 on: September 06, 2022, 03:46:04 pm »
Whatever makes you happy. Everything I have is comfortable as well. Whether it's bought new or used or given to me by someone who's paring down, it's got to be comfortable or it doesn't belong in my closet.

I have never found anything new to be comfortable, @AllThatJazzZ ... It's a love/hate thing for me buying new... New jeans are awful till half the blue is wore off em. New sh*tkickers are notoriously torturous, as any cowboy will testify, and any mountain boot takes years to break in. Same with coats, same with about everything... Perhaps it is a difference between female clothes and the male - particularly the working male - I am too gimped up anymore for real working, but long years have set the style and cut I wear. All of it is extremely durable, which translates to extremely uncomfortable and hard to break in.  :shrug:

I do admit that it puzzles me that people literally choose tattered clothes to dress up for an outing.

Rather, that one would pay such crazy money for the presentation of a caricature...  :whistle:

I'd wear those things for working in the yard. I keep a collection of scroungy clothes for exactly that.

I ain't ever *not* working... even now... And perhaps a difference in cultural norms... Here those wore out clothes only get wore out one way - And that's a badge of honor. Putting on airs is just that (no offense meant).

I'll tell you a little story about that... I was out cruising the fair one time with a townie buddy of mine, when he said, "Well, will you look at that!" To which I replied, "Oh yeah... She's right up my alley!" ... Or some such thing... The funny part is, evidently there was a bombshell redhead dressed to the 9's and strutting her stuff... A woman I never even saw, even though I looked right past her to a little strawberry blonde with her hair done in a horse-tail braid with a wore out straw hat kicked back on its straps... Not much makeup, if any, a regulation cowgirl shirt with pearl snaps and the sleeves rolled up, showing an ample figure and her well tanned forearms, short nails and calloused hands... Wore out jeans and worn out Tony's with full-ride heels and scarred spur channels rounded out the package, and she smiled at my interest through cornflower blue eyes...

All that spoke of honesty and work ethic. A horsewoman and cowgirl in no uncertain terms. She wore what she was without a doubt in my mind. And I dang near wound up marrying that gal. That's what I saw. Not the bombshell made of plastic and dye that my friend was looking at.

Maybe it's because I'm the descendant of dirt poor people who would love to have been able to invite guests to their house and live like "the rest of society." With no indoor plumbing and no money (and no government handouts), it just wasn't in the cards for them. Daddy only went through the 8th grade. He would have needed clothes and shoes to go to the school where 9th grade started. Guess who became a collector of shoes when he got out of Appalachia.  wink777 He'd shine those puppies up, keep the heels in good repair, and line them up neatly along the wall of his closet. Nothing was expensive. Everything was comfortable. He was a well-groomed man who was thankful to be out of the poverty of his youth. He was a blue-collar shift worker, and I couldn't be more proud of my daddy.  3333hugs

Dang well right.  :beer:

But I retain that poor upraising... And honor it to this day. I ain't had thirteen-patch pants since I have been making my own way... But 'Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without' is still the thing that marks my way. And I wear that every day.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #21899 on: September 06, 2022, 03:53:15 pm »