Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827097 times)

Offline Slide Rule

Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #16125 on: May 14, 2022, 05:16:23 pm »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16126 on: May 14, 2022, 05:16:47 pm »

See......Trump isn't racist.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 05:19:24 pm by Slide Rule »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16127 on: May 14, 2022, 05:17:14 pm »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16128 on: May 14, 2022, 05:17:47 pm »

Reminds me of this.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 05:20:55 pm by Slide Rule »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16129 on: May 14, 2022, 05:18:18 pm »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16130 on: May 14, 2022, 05:19:54 pm »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16131 on: May 14, 2022, 05:21:31 pm »

Recommended

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16132 on: May 14, 2022, 05:24:59 pm »

See......Trump isn't racist.

@Slide Rule

If non-blacks were as racist as the media would have us believe,none of us would be able to sleep at night because of all the gunfire.

I personally know VERY few people that are genuine racists. I did have a black friend in the army that was a card-carrying member of the KKK,though. He was a SFC E-7 from Philly,and he LOVED taking that card out and showing it to people. He was also about as black as it is possible for a human to be black.

SF guys tended to have a strange sense of humor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #16133 on: May 14, 2022, 05:49:50 pm »
Did you leave out the sauerkraut? Also isn't Spam the official meat of Hawaii?
@GtHawk yoiu are correct on both counts. I like the kraut on the side, some like between the bread.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #16134 on: May 14, 2022, 05:54:54 pm »
@GtHawk

Serious question: WHY would anyone give a rabid rats ass how many addicts die from ingesting a drug people who don't even do drugs know is deadly?

I see it as the trash taking itself out,and saving the taxpayers a BUNCH of money by doing so.

The rest of the world ain't your freaking daddy!

And THIS is coming from a guy that did a freaking boatload of drugs in the late 60's to the late 70's.

Don't even smoke cigarettes anymore. Just decided one day the time had come to either quit or turn pro,so I just flat quit.
I can't for anyone but myself. The problem is that it doesn't always kill you. Sometimes it just messes you up so bad that you can require 24/7/365 care until your organs finally decide to give out. This money has to come from somewhere and I don't want to sound over unsympathetic, but I will be damned if I want it comeing out of my pocket along witht he reat of the money we are paying for slugs and chunks that are here illegally or are to damn lazy to work.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16135 on: May 14, 2022, 06:08:02 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline verga

« Reply #16136 on: May 14, 2022, 06:11:35 pm »
@Slide Rule

Jesus! Is there no freaking end to the jealousy of people like you? How do you even know it is his,and not a car a friend lent to him?

And even if it IS his personal car,since when do Presidents have to pay their nations expenses out of their own pockets?

Yes,it IS unsightly to see that photo at this time,but how do any of us even know when the photo was taken?
@sneakypete estimates on his net worth range from $1.5 million to $1.5 Billion. https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth/politicians/volodymyr-zelensky-net-worth/
One site lists it at $596 million. https://caknowledge.com/zelenskyy-net-worth/
Given that he was a grade B actor before going into politics.
Several other sites estimate it at $20-$30 million.
Still pretty good for a guy that did voice over work

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16137 on: May 14, 2022, 07:25:14 pm »
Things that make you go "hmmm..."

@Hoodat

I am sure that is just a coinkydink.

Ok,reasonably certain.

I suspect it might be true?

Ok,they are blowing smoke up our asses while getting a cut of the money that Gates will be pulling in.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16138 on: May 14, 2022, 07:27:59 pm »
@sneakypete estimates on his net worth range from $1.5 million to $1.5 Billion. https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth/politicians/volodymyr-zelensky-net-worth/

@verga

That is ONE HELL of a wide estimate gap!

Seems like they would have just written "He is wealthy,but we don't know how much money he has." and been done with it,other than brag about how uninformed they are.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16139 on: May 14, 2022, 08:44:10 pm »

Ukraine? Not so likely as that formula being shunted to border stations to supply the hundreds of thousands coming across. Between shutting down the biggest suppliers and buying up the reserves in the supply chain, this government knows how to create shortages.

The same model is being used with oil.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16140 on: May 14, 2022, 08:46:15 pm »
@Slide Rule

Yeah,the baby food factories shut down the manufacture of baby food so they could send that money to Ukraine,and Congress throwing buckets full of cash at them would insure plenty of baby food would be available immediately,right?

AND.....,I freely admit I have no freaking idea why the baby food wasn't produced. After all,if a company doesn't produce a product,they have nothing to sell and will go bankrupt.

I would be interested in hearing the reason for the lack of production and supply if anyone knows,though.
The FDA shut down the biggest factory.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #16141 on: May 14, 2022, 08:47:28 pm »
The FDA shut down the biggest factory.

About 3 months now...

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16142 on: May 14, 2022, 08:47:48 pm »

That is the Ukraine guy who is about to receive $40,000,000,000 from our government.
I suppose he prefers a Ferrari. The Ferrari is probably a urgent issue of his transportation.
Might be a little hard to drive on roads cluttered with debris and pockmarked by shell fire. Not much ground clearance in those rigs.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16143 on: May 14, 2022, 08:55:44 pm »
@Slide Rule

Jesus! Is there no freaking end to the jealousy of people like you? How do you even know it is his,and not a car a friend lent to him?

And even if it IS his personal car,since when do Presidents have to pay their nations expenses out of their own pockets?

Yes,it IS unsightly to see that photo at this time,but how do any of us even know when the photo was taken?
Zelenskyy had a long career as an entertainer, in film and television before ever entering politics. In so many words, he was a star. Before entering politics he had likely earned enough to have a stable of Ferraris if he wanted to.

The man had a very successful life before entering politics, unlike the grifters here who never had a job.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16144 on: May 14, 2022, 09:02:27 pm »
A bit more to it than "voice over work" of which he did some.

In 2008, he starred in the feature film Love in the Big City, and its sequel, Love in the Big City 2.[16] Zelenskyy continued his movie career with the film Office Romance. Our Time in 2011 and with Rzhevsky Versus Napoleon in 2012.[16] Love in the Big City 3 was released in January 2014.[16] Zelenskyy also played the leading role in the 2012 film 8 First Dates and in sequels which were produced in 2015 and 2016.[16] He recorded the voice of Paddington Bear in the Ukrainian dubbing of Paddington (2014) and Paddington 2 (2017).[34]Zelenskyy was a member of the board and the general producer of the TV channel Inter from 2010 to 2012.In 2015, Zelenskyy became the star of the television series Servant of the People, where he played the role of the president of Ukraine.[30] In the series, Zelenskyy's character was a high-school history teacher in his 30s who won the presidential election after a viral video showed him ranting against government corruption in Ukraine.

The comedy series Svaty ("In-laws"), in which Zelenskyy appeared, was banned in Ukraine in 2017,[40] but unbanned in March 2019.[41]

Zelenskyy worked mostly in Russian-language productions. His first role in the Ukrainian language was the romantic comedy I, You, He, She,[42] which appeared on the screens of Ukraine in December 2018.[43] The first version of the script was written in Ukrainian but was translated into Russian for the Lithuanian actress Agnė Grudytė. Later, the movie was dubbed into Ukrainian.[44]

The October 2021 Pandora Papers revealed that Zelenskyy operated a network of offshore companies in the British Virgin Islands, Cyprus, and Belize. These companies included some that owned expensive London property.[45] Around the time of his 2019 election, Zelenskyy handed his shares in a key offshore company over to Sergei Shefir, but the two men appear to have made an arrangement for Zelenskyy's family to continue receiving the money from these companies.[45] Zelenskyy said he did this to avoid his satirical TV shows being "influenced by politics".[46] Zelenskyy stressed that neither he nor any member of "Kvartal 95" were involved in money laundering.[46]
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volodymyr_Zelenskyy

Before ever entering politics, the man had made a bundle.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16145 on: May 14, 2022, 10:56:16 pm »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16146 on: May 14, 2022, 10:56:38 pm »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16147 on: May 14, 2022, 10:57:13 pm »

Ah yes, the semi automatic revolver, I remember them well.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 10:59:06 pm by Slide Rule »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16148 on: May 14, 2022, 10:57:45 pm »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16149 on: May 14, 2022, 10:58:20 pm »

Recommended