Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 827071 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #12125 on: March 16, 2022, 02:32:12 am »
What is the difference between Pope Francis or any random wacko Hollywood Communist, like Joy Behar, being the Pope? I don't see any difference at all. They all say the same things. They all think the same.
@240B

Same critter,different uniforms.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12126 on: March 16, 2022, 02:35:17 am »

@Slide Rule

AND.....,you do NOT need to be a follower of ANY religion to be a moral human being. Quite often,BEING a member of a religion can be a hindrance to being moral.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #12127 on: March 16, 2022, 02:35:27 am »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12128 on: March 16, 2022, 02:51:03 am »

What perverted 'nasty' old man.  I'm sure Biden, Epstein, and Weinstein, were very good friends. They are all the same.

BTW: Normally those dirty old men who act overtly sexually aggressive toward the women/girls they meet are compensating. They try too hard to give off a sexually bold demeanor to compensate for their inability to actually perform. I've seen it first hand many times.

[Out to lunch with a gray hair senior while in the military. He started aggressively hitting on the college age waitress. Worst of all, he was asking for her Facebook/Instagram name. I doubt this guy has even the slightest idea what "Instagram" is. I wanted to crawl under the table, so embarrassing. But he was seemingly serious and laughing his head off. The girl ran away and never came back, and so did I.]
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12129 on: March 16, 2022, 02:53:07 am »
@sneakypete

Leading edge erosion:  https://weatherguardwind.com/leading-edge-erosion/

@Kamaji

Thanks!

I still find it hard to believe those blades are spinning at 150 MPH,though. Yeah,I know they are HUGE,but even being that big,150 mph is still 150 mph.

I am a little shocked that rain causes them so many problems. First of all,WTH are the operators even allowing them to spin when it's raining? Ride by one of those "wind farms" and at least 30 percent of them aren't even turning,regardless of the weather.

On top of that,they have storage batteries to provide electricity for times when conditions are too rough for them to operate.

Also,there are some pretty freaking tough metals out there that could be used IF they aren't too hard to be used in such applications.

I was thinking that if there was anything vulnerable about them,it would be the bearings in the blade shafts and generators. Talk about systems taking a load!

AND......,given what it costs to buy,ship,and install blades,it might even be cheaper to use something like industrial diamonds on the leading edges to reduce wear and downtime.

Or is the real problem the fact that blades that last longer would eat too deeply into the manufacturers profits? After all,it ain't like you can order new blades for those things from amazon.

BTW,is there any reason the old ones that are buried couldn't be dug up and have new "leading edges" attached to them so they can be re-used? If NASA can glue tiles on rocket ships and space shuttles that stays in place,WHY can't this or similar glues be used to rebuild these blades at a much cheaper cost than manufacturing a new one?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 03:02:01 am by sneakypete »

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #12130 on: March 16, 2022, 03:09:49 am »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12131 on: March 16, 2022, 04:06:27 am »
@Kamaji

Serious question. HOW do these things wear out? There are several "wind farms" around here,and those big-ass blades turn too slowly to get damaged by birds,and in case of big wind or something similar,they can be disengaged. Hell,for all I know,they can even be locked down so they don't move.

Sooo,WHAT is it that damages them and causes them to be replaced?

At the terminus,  those blades they are going a lot faster than you think.  100-150 mph.

Which in turn is the biggest lie and falacy of this as being a green industry.  What they fail to tell you is that though estimates vary, somewhere between 400,000 -600,000 birds are killed annually by these these monstrocities.

In fact one of my son's earlier girl friends (a biology major graduate) was offered a job to enumerate bird and bat deaths (number and species)  from these devices. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 04:07:31 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12132 on: March 16, 2022, 07:39:50 am »
It’s don’t gets any better…
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #12133 on: March 16, 2022, 09:06:29 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12134 on: March 16, 2022, 09:53:47 am »
At the terminus,  those blades they are going a lot faster than you think.  100-150 mph.

Which in turn is the biggest lie and falacy of this as being a green industry.  What they fail to tell you is that though estimates vary, somewhere between 400,000 -600,000 birds are killed annually by these these monstrocities.

In fact one of my son's earlier girl friends (a biology major graduate) was offered a job to enumerate bird and bat deaths (number and species)  from these devices.

@catfish1957

That is the part I find the hardest to believe. Birds fly for a living,and it's hard to believe they don't/won't/can't avoid those big-ass spinning blades. I guess it is possible that the spinning blades create a vacuum that pulls them in if they get close enough,but it SEEMS to me that birds would just naturally avoid something that big that is moving.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12135 on: March 16, 2022, 10:50:02 am »
@catfish1957

That is the part I find the hardest to believe. Birds fly for a living,and it's hard to believe they don't/won't/can't avoid those big-ass spinning blades. I guess it is possible that the spinning blades create a vacuum that pulls them in if they get close enough,but it SEEMS to me that birds would just naturally avoid something that big that is moving.
The end of that blade is going 220 ft per second. Not faster than a speeding bullet, but getting into "muzzle velocity" for an arrow.
I would think the air current around the blade might be enough to do some damage, too.

As for any bird that scavenges, there's plenty laying about to draw them in...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

« Reply #12136 on: March 16, 2022, 11:11:44 am »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #12137 on: March 16, 2022, 11:12:43 am »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #12138 on: March 16, 2022, 11:13:43 am »

Online Kamaji